Reviews for To The Holy Land
Amaranthe Athenais chapter 3 . 1/24
God... This is so sad... I have always been sure that Robin would have never survived in the Holy Land without Much. Robin and Much are inseparable. It is sad that Robin died on Cyprus and Robin Hood never happened.
EndlessBlue chapter 3 . 9/13/2011
I really enjoyed this. Your characterizations were perfect! And I liked that you followed the AU to its logical conclusion: without Robin, things would have been bleak indeed back in Nottingham.

My only quibble is with the ending. It's sad, yes, but I think it could have carried a bit more of a punch if you'd perhaps set up the scene with more ambiguity, and then had the big reveal of who was to die and why. Also, Much's last line is almost petulant, which to me was kind of a 'whimper' end to a fic that could have ended on a bang.

I'm definitely going to check out your other fics - you're a skilled writer, and you especially have a refined understanding of Robin Hood's characters. Plus, I'm a sucker for AU's (specifically dark, angsty ones), so you're a winner in my book. :D
ilovebeingme4ever chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
This was... amazing.

You know what you should put between chapter 2 and chapter 3?

The reactions of Thornton, Edward, Marian the peasants... when Much told them Robin had left for the Holy Land.

Anyway, good work, well done!

:D
Insomniac Bard chapter 3 . 9/7/2011
Wow, I wasn't expecting that ending. Ouch. :( Dang it, Much, why didn't you just go with Robin anyway?

Very well-written. You captured their dynamic perfectly. I especially love how Robin wants to leave Much behind because he's terrified of losing him, but can't tell him that. I'm not sure why he'd want to keep it a secret that he'd gone to the Holy Land, but that's my only quibble. Beautiful job. :D
Kin-outcast1 chapter 3 . 8/31/2011
Wow. Oh man. Seriously, this is really good ... not to mention really awful. I was pretty certain Robin could not have lived in the Holy Land without Much :(
Kin-outcast1 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011