Reviews for The Fire of Love
aramiey chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Nice! But some people do separate bf-gf love from family love, you know what I mean? Awesome story!
music4evah chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I think you matched the characters perfectly, Summer. I love how Isabel speaks as if she's gone through this herself while trying to hide it. I can just imagine her denying that she's ever felt any of this and that she's only warning others not to be a fool. She would definitely take the pessimistic side. And of course, Nellie is a great choice for the optimist.(:

I can tell that a lot of thought went into this- and I'm sure you can relate to this just as well as Amy, Drew, and I can.(: Plus others. But not only did you construct this story well, but you wrote a very inspiring message about this theme that just makes me want to go out into the world and be a better person.(: And that's definitely the sign of good writing about truth.
Syberian Quest chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
That first line was a real eye-catcher, Summer. It was gorgeous. And I mean absolutely gorgeous. :)

Quotes starting a story is something I've started seeing a fair bit, and if not done properly can be a bit over-hashing it. But here, /here/ you did it /perfectly/. I absolutely loved it.

The story itself was also wonderfully done. Using Nellie and Isabel was a great touch; they were the perfect characters to narrate. It was also very unique seeing the characters talking to the readers. A monologue, of sorts. It was very lovely. :)

There was at least one instance where a sentence was worded oddly, but it wasn't much.

"I know there are going to be several of teenage girls reading this." Taking out the "the" seems more appropriate.

Also: "this approach will make him think you're mental." Since this is Isabel speaking, I think there might have been a more formal way to say "mental." Maybe not, but she's generally more formal.

And where you define infatuation, it might have been slightly better to bold it or something... Italicizing would probably not work because it wouldn't fit with the other italicized sentences, but I think bolding or /something/ would make a difference.

Overall, this was great. The way you started off, the way you defined love, all that stuff. And again, your style really matches the Kabra's formality. :)

Staying the way you are is /such/ an important lesson. It really is. And I'm so glad you wrote this. To be honest, I'm very... un-romantic... Even a bit to Isabel's degree. But I have to say I think you did very well with Nellie. The last quote was also very sweet.

In any case, I want to say thank you for writing this, Summer. And you definitely deserve more reviews. You really do. :)

ghettos chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Like Amy, I wish I couldn't relate to this, but I can. :3 Love is painful, isn't it? Love is supposed to be magical, to be the feeling of utter bliss that you experience - but the hard truth is that most of the time, love goes unrequited. :( While I was reading this, I felt like crying.

Good job.
Another Artist chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I wish I couldn't relate to this story. I honestly do. Love hurts, and it always will hurt until you find that special someone. But at least the pain is worth it when that happens.

I don't have anything to say in particular. This was a very casual writing, I felt, because both Isabel and Nellie spoke to the reader. I really did like Nellie's point of view - I remember she said something like that in one of the books (I forgot which one...). I absolutely adored her character for that, because I agree - you should never regret loving someone because it means you have a heart. (That was somewhat along the lines of what she said, if my memory serves me right.)

This was a very sad read for me since I just got placed into a class I don't want that my ex-crush happens to be in. Yes, this did not bring a smile to my face.

Although your writing does overall. :) Good job, Summer!
shingaling chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Great fic, Summer. :) At first, I thought it was Natalie, then as the story went on, I realized it might be Isabel. And yes; I agree with Nellie wholeheartedly. Isabel is wrong about love. It is a magical word, sacred to those who uses it, and most definitely should not be abused. Love is not a myth. It is the world. Someone's heart.

My rant/review is done. :P
Volcanic Lily chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
*claps excitedly (somewhat because she's still excited from reading THE MEDUSA PLOT!)* That's exactly right! (What Nellie said, I mean- not Isabel. Though that's pretty much self-explanatory.) Great job- I think both are IC, and I didn't notice any errors. (Now I'm off to ramble about the awesomeness of THE MEDUSA PLOT!... In all caps with 3 exclamation marks again. XD)

Cecelia S. Bradley chapter 1 . 8/30/2011

Funny how many reviews of great stories I start like that. The little quote at the beginning and the italicized phrases throughout the story are brilliant and really make a nice through-line. Nice. And the Isabel vs. Nellie. Great.

Me doesn't like Isabel's opinion. And love and infatuation are NOT the same.

Thank you for this story.

Celestial Calamity chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Sometimes, things like obsessing over appearances can lead to body dysmorphic and eating disorders. But don't forget mere things like being apprehensive and excess amount of sweating could be symptoms of a panic disorder... /cringes/ I sound like a belong in medical drama. In a nutshell, this pretty much summed up hyperactive fangirls that are so infatuated with Ian Kabra it somehow interferes with the coherency to write a plausible love story.