Reviews for War and the Soul
Brooklyn Byrne chapter 1 . 1/11
This is what i've been searching for for a while! The emotions seem really well written in this, even if it was a little hard to follow what was happening at some points (like it would jump randomly from scene to scene). But the characterization was really good and the whole mood of it was exactly as I imagined it.
Hahukum Konn chapter 5 . 12/15/2012
Interesting idea! :) I look forward to where you'll take this. :)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
Wow. Wildness. Great funeral, and now I'm worried!
13AkiraKuranXIII chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Dear Phara Parade,

Brilliant once again! As always I'm itching to read more!

Halcyon Impulsion chapter 2 . 1/2/2012
Good chapter, I really like Harry's introspection and his interactions with the Weasleys. Good riddance to Aunt Muriel!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Awesome start. Can't wait to catch up on this :)
13AkiraKuranXIII chapter 4 . 9/10/2011
Dear Phara Parade,

Another brilliant chapter! I can't wait to read what happens at the Ministry when the bodies are disposed of! Will anything happen to Voldemort's body? I'm thrilled Harry is going! I just can't wait!

I did like how you had Hermione trying to rationlise what Harry was saying, to find a logical explanation. The characters are very well done!

Mirandatreethegirlwholived chapter 4 . 9/9/2011
Write the next chapter soon please!
Veridis chapter 4 . 9/9/2011
Very interesting, I like it :) I can't wait for more ;)
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I think this is the first story I've read on this site where I didn't find one spelling or grammar error. Good job!

Your writing style is engaging and reminiscent of JK's own style. I kept forgetting I was reading a fanfic.
13AkiraKuranXIII chapter 3 . 9/4/2011
Dear Phara Parade,

Brilliant! I love how you described the funeral, how George decided to not weep and grieve, but laugh and joke in memory of Fred, for Fred. Well done!

Oh my I loved the last few lines! Extremelly exciting stuff! It must be unbearable for Harry, to see his world falling apart again. Hmm the voices are interesting! Are they from Harry's mind? If so, I do hope its our dear Dark Lord! Also, I do like how you repeated "It hadn't been enough" at the end, as if to show Harry's state of disbelief and shock.

Can't wait for more! Oh I'm positively thrumming in anticipation! Off to the battlefield we go! On a side note, the Weasleys really don't have any luck when it comes to these occassions do they? :D

raemanzu and spica tea chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
Thank you everyone for the reviews!

To Anon,

We kind of figured that that was a state brought about by necessity, adrenaline, and particularly, confidence in his ability to win. It was as though his chat with Dumbledore and coming back acted like a dose of Felix Felicis-he knew he was going to succeed, so he had more confidence. But those things wouldn't keep him from suffering grief, especially after the moment has passed. Rowling comments in the book about how even during all of that, he keeps on blocking the thoughts of the dead from coming into his mind because it would weaken him. Now that the crisis is over, it would be driven to the forefront of his mind and he'll have to deal with these deaths. Harry is only 17, in any case, and everyone, especially teenagers, have rapid inflations and deflations of confidence. Harry has never been an inherently confident person, and I don't think his personality will have changed so instrinsically from just one moment if all of his other life-changing experiences haven't (and he has had a lot of them!).

I don't know if that will convince you, but I just wanted to say that we have thought about it, and considered this the most realistic response. He won't always be like this, but right now he's in the very middle of his grieving, so.

Thank you for reading and reviewing, I hope you will continue reading despite your concerns.
13AkiraKuranXIII chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
Dear Phara Parade,

Ah a very quick update! Thank you ever so much!

It was quite funny seeing George dress in those awful robes and declaring he had changed for the better! Yet there was a sense of sadness, as he was one partner short. It must be difficult for everyone, seeing him without his other half. Even more so for him, as he has truly lost part of himself.

I do like Harry's subtle unease, even with the end of the war. It's just like Harry, to refuse to believe it is all over, that something isn't quite right. The sense of foreboding apparent, particularly when he is alone, is thrilling to read!

The ending scene was quite touching. I'm sure Harry and Ginny's relationship won't be the same anymore. They've just lasted through a war, seen countless friends and family members die. Nothing is the same anymore. It will be interesting to see if they can last!

Once again, I await anxiously for your next update! Until then, take care.

Guest chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
It's not really about the dead bodies or grief but how he interacts with the people and how he thinks internally. That doesn't match the personality he grew into at the end of DH. There he was confident, yours isn't really. And nothing happened in between for Harry to change his self assurance from a plot perspective. You should really consider this.
SSJ Leia chapter 2 . 8/31/2011
I disagree; I like your Harry. He feels real. His grief and his hesitation at wanting to see dead bodies is totally human. You've done a great job capturing the voices of the different characters. Keep it up!