Reviews for Last Night
GeezerWench chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
I can relate in a way to your story. Twice I've taken my oldest daughter and dropped her off to be deployed to the Middle East. Thankfully, she's come back.

Very well done. Emotional. Full of aching and longing.

Jasper couldn't give away his relationship with Garrett. It was best that he didn't go with them to see Garrett off.
avioleta chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Now that the contest is over, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this fic. Your pairing was unique but delightful, and you handled the raw emotion of their experiences gracefully. I especially loved how much you packed into so few words. Simple and succinct but not lacking in any way.

avioleta
sasharose11 chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
That was both beautiful and sad. How heartwrenching to not be able to see your love off on a tour and most likely not be there when they return. Great story.
sessahhh chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I loved this entry. It was beautifully written and so emotional. It was either drawn from personal experience of am exceptional imagination. I was ready to burst into tears at any given moment. I liked the length - there was just enough time to fall in love, be in love and send love off to a foreign place for six months. I also really liked how quickly you explained Jasper leaving his folks. That was pretty impressive - considering how I understood but hated them none-the-less.

I'd love a continuation - good or bad - but at this point, this is a great place to end it. I hope there won't be too many more of these DADT fics except to day that now that it's been away with, they can happy and open with their partners whilst in service.

Great job and good luck in the contest.
prassacut chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
It's a really good story! It must be so hard for all those people in the army. you conveyed all that in Last night. I enjoyed it greatly! Thank you for writing and sharing! Good luck!
Malice Slashlover chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Well written and an interesting pairing. Good luck in the comp!
twilightbloom chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This story is sweet and poignant and it made me cry.

Maybe the fact that I'm reading it on Sept. 11 has a small part to play in my reaction but the fact is that you've written a lovely story that touches on a reality that many partners, spouses and families live with and it's a reality that no matter how much pride they have in their loved one in service to country, separation sucks.

Thanks for sharing this and for such sensitive treatment of military members with same sex partners and good luck-it's a great little story.
Fr333bird chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
oh thank goodness you didn't go for a super angsty ending - I was poised waiting for disaster and was so relieved when it ended on a positive note :)

That was beautiful writing, it made my heart hurt.

xx
shoefreak37 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
This was great! Sweet and sad and hopeful all rolled up. You did an amazing job in so few words. All your words seemed to have purpose behind them. Thanks for writing. This was lovely. Best of luck in the contest.
Anonymous82215 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I am so glad we are finally moving past DADT, and, at least in my corner of the country, past a culture that forces couples to hide. Nice job. Good luck in the contest. -ICM
sunystone chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
*wipes tears* You really broke my heart with this one. I can feel the despair coming from Jasper, not wanting Garrett to go, but knowing that Garrett would go anyway. It's so sad that Jasper wouldn't be able to give a proper goodbye to the man he loves in front of other military families. DADT is ridiculous.
mssdare chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
That was beautiful and sad and so amazingly written! I could feel the dispair, the anxiety, regret. And I so dreaded the end! I was afraid Gareth was going to die on a mission!

Beautiful story.

MssDare
Jessypt chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
This was really beautiful. Their story is heartbreaking, and I know there must be hundreds or more men/women like them in the military who have to sacrifice more than others.

Really well done. Best of luck to you in the contest.

Jess xoxo
JasperLuver48 chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
awww what a good story! Filled with such love and sadness and longing! Oh the hope of a happy ending for these two is so huge for me right now!

xoxo

good luck!
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Very poignant. I really felt how hard it was for Jasper being the one who had to stay behind, and the added unfair stress DADT put on the relationship beyond what other military families deal with. Nicely done. Thank you.