Reviews for Stranded
late chapter 32 . 7/30/2014
Thank God Emily sorted her shit out! Lovely ending, thank you :-)
late chapter 30 . 7/29/2014
about time, selfish cow (still selfish but isn't a total cunt at this point)!
late chapter 27 . 7/29/2014
Erm, Naomi beating herself up for being an oblivious gf? And how was she supposed to know that Emily had an abortion 2 years ago? Oh, maybe if Emily actually told her gf anything about her life then maybe Naomi might understand a bit more. Emily, still a selfish cunt. Oh yeah, Katie and Effy knew all of this and decided they wouldn't bother mentioning it to Naomi. Naomi has every right to fuck off and leave the 3 of them to be cunts to each other rather than to her!
late chapter 26 . 7/29/2014
Glad little miss selfish cunt is beginning to wake up! But, half expecting Naomi to be there and for Naomi to apologise to her? Really? Tell her to get fucked Naomi!
late chapter 25 . 7/29/2014
Haha, bit late to review but just reading for first time. Gotta say, Emily is one selfish cunt. Fucks off to London to hunt down and torture the man who raped her, while ignoring Naomi and lying to her about the whole thing. Comes back, expecting Naomi to be waiting for her with open arms. Decides, the day she gets back that she's going to go through hormone treatment to give Katie and Effy a baby and to have a baby herself, while keeping all of this a secret from the woman who accepted her back and was helping her to get over the whole Foster thing. Then decides that she's going to live and work and have a baby in Paris, again without a word to Naomi. What. A. Selfish. Cunt. I love Naomily more than cheese, but this version of Emily can go fuck herself! Rant over :-)
aszecsei chapter 21 . 4/15/2013
I rarely review with criticism, because most of my critiques are grammar-based and I feel like a bit of a tool if my review references grammar or spelling a lot. But here, I had my enjoyment of the story plummet.

The chapter seems to draw heavily from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and while that isn't a bad thing, it feels like it's being used as a subplot to the romance. Dragon Tattoo takes an entire trilogy of novels to deal with the effects of rape. Another Skins fanfic (Can You Keep A Secret) dealing with rape takes several chapters covering years in Naomi's life before she's able to *begin* dealing with the trauma.

Here, Emily goes from average-Skins-fic-fare to rape victim within two or three chapters. She then goes to Naomi and immediately tells her all about this traumatic series of events, again completely out of the blue.

While some plots can be used in such a manner (Effy's pregnancy scare, etc) rape cannot. To turn it into a subplot feels like a trivialization of its horror.

I haven't yet read the next chapter, and I think you'll be going further into the psychological consequences as the story progresses, but these are my thoughts at this point in the story, and if I were more cynical about where the story is going I would stop reading here.

Beyond that, I've really enjoyed the story so far. I'm a bit of a sucker for fluff (okay I'm addicted to Naomily fluff), so the Paris scenes greatly appealed to me.

Alic
vampirebeast01 chapter 32 . 2/17/2013
This is probably one of the greatest stories I have ever read and I will gladly read the sequel.
Thank you for the hard work author!
Stokley27 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Just found this story, so far I'm liking the premise, can't wait for some more :D
mvicky-96 chapter 14 . 1/19/2013
HAHAHAHAHA OMG, i can't stop laughing at the last part, when they are dancing, gosh! HAHAHAHHA
DailyTweakedOut chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I'm really looking forward to reading this :)
whisperoftwilight chapter 32 . 7/20/2012
Exciting, moving, delicious!
djyxa chapter 32 . 5/10/2012
Nice epilogue though I was just wondering, are you sure you want them to get married in England? And not in the US? 'Cause I think (gay) marriage to be legal there will take some time...

I know you want to write the sequel as realistically as possible but now that Obama declared for the first time that he supports marriage equality. So wouldn't it be wiser to choose to get married in the US? Many state do marriage for couples like them. It's legal and all of the privileges of married couples are there. Like I mean after Naomi's insemination (possibly birth of their child -fingers crossed-) just to be ready financially. It's still up to you, it was just my opinion. Looking forward to the upcoming chapters of the sequel! :)
dee chapter 21 . 5/1/2012
girl with a dragon tattoo
dominiquejoanne14 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
If this is based on true events, is this your story? OMG! is it? hehe
dominiquejoanne14 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Hi!

When I read the summary it really got my attention. I find it interesting. Very interesting. Stranded in Paris? What a great idea! KUDOS to you! :)

I'm quite ecstatic to read this story.