Reviews for Silence Amid the Snow
TheBlackBlade chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Wow. I think you are right, there probably is more to Celestia then she shows and if she is immortal then every century, everyone she knew at the start of it would be dead at the exception of Luna who is on the moon. Depressing

TheBlackBlade
ShadowZim34 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I always thought there was more to Celestia's story. Learning or imagining the back story of a character is always fun. Good job :).
BigHair chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
;A; aww poor Tia.. Despite the epic sadness I really enjoyed this :3 it was beautifully written and really tugged on my heart strings. Great job! :D

-Rachel
BronyBraeburn chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I don't usually read sad fics but I'm glad I made an exception with yours. You really bring Celestia's burdens to light as an immortal and as a ruler of a nation. I hope Celestia confides in Twilight when she's an adult; she would appreciate such faith.
jman377355 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I imagine immortality would be a rather heavy burden, especially without Luna. Good one-shot.
cydonic chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I believe I was going to read this fic once, and it must have gotten lost.

Upon reading it, though, I really don't know what to say. You capture the loss Celestia experienced so well, it's heartbreaking to read through it. As an immortal, she must see ponies dying day by day, knowing she won't ever be able to just die with them. Something about possessing that incredible power, but not even being able to save a mortal life... it could easily destroy a weaker character.

But in her moment of weakness, you have demonstrated the true strength of Celestia. No matter what, she continues on.

This is a really lovely read, and I would form more of a coherent review if I could do so. I'm going to have to read this again, just because it's so... perfect.
Megalamer chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
The idea of immortality has always struck me as being a little overrated, for reasons that you've done a very good job of illustrating in this story.

Very well done.
Devil's Flambe chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Wow. I don't really read a lot of darkish fics, but this was... wow.
SG-Cynder chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Nice job.

Are you going to continue this?
Quill Inkwell chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Great job at keeping the resident of the grave a secret. Kept me wondering right to the end. And what an adorable ending it was, bittersweet and great. You've got a real knack for taking characters who don't get a lot of love, and then breaking my heart with them. :P
The Socialist chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Whew! I thought it was twilights grave for the while. We DO NOT NEED another story where twilight is dead dying or about to die. Anywhoo the story was deep and I like the idea of delving into celestias life.
DoctorWhooves chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
really touching and i so agree with you about how celestia would feel living so long and loosing so much in that time.
Jasper Sealights chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Well that certainly broke my little heart. Especially the end. But I really love things that focus on Celestia's huge-ass lifespan, and all she'd have to witness because of it. You did an excellent job capturing her emotions, and the imagery was beautiful. (: It was also a pretty nice touch that you had Twilight at the end, after shortly becoming her student. As was the winter setting.

This was a wonderful read of excellent quality; I hope it gets noticed, because Celestia definitely does need more attention!