Reviews for 10 rules to avoid bad HP stories
Drunkard chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Hello, i agree with many of these points but one of them i think is utter bullshit. As you pretty much implied that nothing will change your opinion on it i will just write anyway. Im talking about number 3.

When i first started reading harry potter a few years ago i liked the Weasley's and the pairing with them in the end. But after a while of re-reading the series (about after 10 times) i started noticing some things wich are not normal.
Some of them are:

Why would The Weasley's scream out the platform when they know very well about the statue of secrecy.

Ron meeting Harry in Hogwarts Express, Do you really think that it would be filled and no more space? think realistic, before the war with Voldemort it would have had to hold alot more people as the birthrates had most likely dropped alot during the war time.
Ron was also star struck when he saw Harry and implied some facts wich Harry as new to the wizarding world believed fully wich then changed hid path in life.

Ginny had a childhood crush on Harry, while that is understandable and "lucky" for her, it will make people believe that they also would be able to hook up with their celebrity crush.

And for example in GoB when Ron turned his back on Harry. True friends would never act like that over envy no matter how big jealousy problems they may have.

There is ALOT of other examples if you read closely through the books.
And MANY of these fics are really interesting, good grammar and a great read.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
If by your stories you mean, as a way to avoid bad stories then yes I agree.
Codename Jellybean chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
I agree with 200% of your rules...except that your stories are actually really good in my opinion :)
Katniss chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
I agree with all except 1. Your stories are awesome!

I'd add stories where a strange character comes into Hogwarts and helps the trio defeating Voldemort. And that character is always the author in disquise. I hate that!
Kat-Knife chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
I agree with most of these, you make some very valid points, except for number one, of course. :)
Dbear chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
I love this a lot, really well done on the whole.

I do kind of disagree slightly with a couple. Number 10, well if there is no male Veela, then how do you have pure blood Veela? We know from Fleur that if Veela mate with a human the offspring is only part Veela. Thus there has to be males to keep pure bloods, only logistical LOL.

I have stumbled across a few marriage law stories worth a damn, but they keep with cannon pairings.

I totally agree with the idiotic Draco as head boy stories …. Really?

I especially love your number three. The Weasley’s were basically Harry Potter’s family in everything but blood. His best friend was in the family, you know the guy that saved his life a couple times. Plus their daughter was the love of his life. Molly and Arthur treated him like one of his own and all the brothers (except for Percy for a couple years) treated him he was a brother. What is there not to like about the Weasley’s.

I would add one more, blatant OOC stories. I can see AU stories, but if you don’t keep the characters as they should be (no perfect Hermione, no heroic Draco, no abusive Ron, no evil Harry), then why write about the characters at all, just make up your own.

I do actually like many of your stories I have found.

Good work.
digigirl02 chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Nice and I agree with 10, 7, and 3. I don't get Weasley hate either,
MirrieB chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
4. Yes there are. Drarry, Snarry, Ron/Blaise. Again, it appears to be a 'How to shove two characters who would be cursing each other in everyday life together' scenario.

10. I did read a good one actually about 3 years ago, but because it was more realistic than other ones I've seen. That's just made me wonder though if I thought it good because it was better than 'Drake and Harrison had angry sex whilst Drakko had a beak and wings. The end'

That's another pet peeve of mine: 'Harrison/Harold/etc'? 'Virginia'? 'Serious'? Really?

I loved this, it made me giggle :)
RandomHumanOnEarth chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
All of this is good. Except for the one where you say that your stories are bad. I haven't read many yet, but what I have read made me laugh.
Lady Elizabeth of New York chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Okay so not exactly what I was looking for. But still, you my friend are so funny. Now I shall go through your list and tell you what I think.

10. Veelas. Yeah, I never got those stories. And what's with the concept of veelas with mates. Is that true or are people just making stuff up.

9. OH COME ON! Granted starting with What if isn't the greatest way to start. But what if stories explore the possibilities.

8. THANK YOU. You are now my new best friend. Call me evert five minutes. (I took that from a Will and Grace character just so you know).

7. Yeah but I can't tell the diffrence between someone who has dyslexia and someone who is doing it on purpose.

6. I try to ignore that.

5. OH COME ON! While I agree it happens way too much. It's nice tool to use. And would having them put on a play be really stupid and cliche?

4. Well seeing as none of them have Ron and Hermione, I wouldn't know. But from what I have seen they come up with really lame excuses.

3. Whoop, whoop! Thank you very much.

2. That is so right.

1. You are adorable. And please, if you could make me, who hates random humor, laugh then your stories are the best. Besides you have fifty reviews for a story that is 700 words and has only been out for about a year.
Lifedrops chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I have seen some Remus/Sirius marriage law stories, soem Harry/various people and one Charlie/Gabrielle(which I love as a pairing I have to admit it, shame on me)But you forgot the time travel ones that usually involve Hermione falling for Snape,Lucius,Remus,Sirius,Voldy or all of them together...JUST EW
StuckInDaydreams chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Well, I agree with no. 2-10... I love your stories.
Athenais777 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I realized I had read this but not reviewed. So here it is. You got all of your points right except for #1. Your stories are a hoot and are usually right on target.

I must say, when I started reading on this site, I was appalled by some of the stuff (not to use a cruder word) I saw on it. I mean, really, people, have you actually read the books? Really? I know they're long, but there are some some elements you can't ignore...

The beautiful thing and opportunity about HP is that we have a nineteen year gap that can be used as a perfect canvas for a creative mind to come up with a story respecting the canon characters while still giving room for some creativity in term of plot and writing. But there's no need to abuse it.

The point I agree the most about is definitely the one about the Weasley bashing. One can't appreciate the message of Harry Potter and not love the Weasleys at the same time.

Another great little one-shot. Keep them coming.
PersonWhoWritesStuff chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
You, sir, are officially my favorite person on this site.
GingerPygmy99 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
aha, no wander this has so many reviews its fabulous !

althought, i do disagree with the last one, your stories are quite good :)
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »