Reviews for Nuzlocke: After Armageddon
deforestate chapter 1 . 3/8
am i the only one who ships chaz and pedro? i feel so attached to pedro that i named my pidgey 'pedro' on a nuzlocke run and died on a crit fury attack by a spearow. i still cannot look at spearows up to this date. kthanksbye p.s. i adore this series so much
IncognitoRecognition chapter 1 . 2/21
This was the first fanfic I ever read, and reading through it again, I just wanted to thank you for this amazing fic, because this is what introduced me to the world of fanfiction.
DS chapter 11 . 11/11/2014
Purify water, Suicune? :D
Forest of Grass-type chapter 46 . 8/12/2014
You know, you really do allow a lot of atmosphere in this fic. It feels so close to the feeling you get from your source material that it feels like you're almost playing Pokémon FireRed. I suppose that you weren't that self-conscious when you were writing this and it let in a lot of this nice emotional mood that feels kind of gritty, but mostly colorful, especially during your Elite Four battle. I mean, I don't even have to know very much about your Pokémon to understand how organic they feel.
Forest of Grass-type chapter 27 . 7/12/2014
You know, I read on your profile you didn't originally think this story was any good. To be honest, I'm surprised at how well developed it is for the first half. To be honest, you really seem to know how to establish a character and give them enough personality as well as enough flexibility it to have a lot to work with. This very impressive, I don't know why you said you thought it was bad. It's not very descriptive but it strangely actually works to your advantage. I don't think I've had another example of a story like that. I'd like to ask, for the story arcs you wrote, did you find inspiration from the anime you watch/manga you read and other stories you're a fan of, or did most of it just come from spontaneous inspiration? (I read that you had a lot of plunnies for this but that doesn't exactly explain how this is so well developed.) Sorry for bothering you
Number 15 Ugxs Dark Destroyer chapter 26 . 6/16/2014
why didn't you say ANYTHING about Vick?
Sai Og Sus chapter 4 . 3/14/2014
Rachel seemed to be the first one to die.
Sai Og Sus chapter 3 . 3/14/2014
I wondered how's Pedro will react when he's caught.
Sai Og Sus chapter 2 . 3/14/2014
Charmander again? How come most of people keep choosing Charmander?
Well, the chapter was good. And Blue is still a jerk.
Sai Og Sus chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
Looks fun, I'm reading this!
SwiftintheSky chapter 28 . 2/2/2014
Ohhh boy am I pumped! I remember loving the attack-on-Saffron arc, because it was the first time I had seen the Silph Co. battle portrayed so that it matched the epicness of the attack in Pokemon Adventures. I love the idea of the scattered settlements bonding together to take down a common enemy.
Also, sheesh - it must be annoying to have bad eyesight in a post-apocalyptic world. Not to mention people with medical conditions - being a type one diabetic myself, I'd be dead.
SwiftintheSky chapter 27 . 1/31/2014
Aw, Vick! C'mon. No, man.
Ah well. This was a pretty cool chapter. The description of Fuschia Town was very neat, and I liked the venonat. What I really love about this run is the constant little details that you add in, be it the toxic grasses, good evening as a standard venonat greeting, or the rule that only either Janine or Koga can be away at once. They're sprinkled throughout the story and really add to this world you've built.
On a side note, I forgot to mention this last chapter, but Saylee's lack of reaction to Daisy's death was... strange. One chapter we end with her death, the next we see Saylee getting a flying harness and laughing and swooping around on Chaz in search of bikers. I mean, with how many deaths you have in this story, it'd get boring and repetitive to see her sobbing and sad after every death, but it feels like Saylee didn't even react to Daisy's. Of course, Saylee could just be getting better at managing her grief, or getting "used" to it in some way. But, if you compare it to Olivia's death just a few chapters ago, it's kind of jarring. I know that after that, they all understand that there's neither a time nor a place for grief in their mission, but...
Eh, it just kind of bothered me.
SwiftintheSky chapter 26 . 1/30/2014
Carriiiieeeeee! :D Now that's the marowak I know and love. And nice insight with the flying harness - I'll have to remember that for my nuzlocke. Years of reading Eragon should have taught me as much, but I was completely spacing it.
Ouch, a doduo with one broken neck? Doesn't that generally, y'know, kill you? Now that I think of it, I wonder what would happen to a doduo if just one of their heads were to die. Probably best not to dwell on it...
J'aimel'anime44163 chapter 54 . 1/29/2014
probably one of the best stories i have read, especially for a nuzlocke
SwiftintheSky chapter 25 . 1/27/2014
WOW, WHAT? Damn, I forgot another one died so soon. You had horrible luck in this nuzlocke.
This does remind me of how Saylee eventually has a dreamcatcher thing with mementos from the pokemon she lost. I had forgotten about that, but now I remember that I thought it was a super cool idea.
I like the idea of psychic-types synthesizing nutrients from their surroundings! Out of all of the types, really, they should be the most foreign. They have an entire sixth sense that humans entirely lack, except for the rare psychic human, who however advanced they may be do not hold up to a psychic pokemon.
Oh, and hunting? Do pokemon eat other pokemon in this world? Do humans eat pokemon? I wonder if it's seen as normal or a last-resort type thing. That question always gets weird when the pokemon are sentient...