Reviews for In The Minds Of Soldiers
Hawk chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
Well done and beautifully crafted! Each man's thoughts are spot on with their "personalities" and make one feel the many levels of war.
g chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
I'm not a critic or anything... but I think this is pretty cool! I found myself really enjoying this as I read through it.

It seems like a lot of work went into writing this story, and I especially liked how it depicted the mind of an individual soldier from the inside.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Well written. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Shana
Halftrack chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
I am a big fan of Combat, so this story was like a life ring to a drowning reader. Rather, I should say bread to a starving fan. There has been so little new fanfiction lately.

The thoughts and emotions you express for the guys ring true. Anyone who has watched the show has seen it all in the faces of these characters. Sarge, so tired of the killing and responsibility, yet unable to relinquish it to someone less able to shoulder it's weight. Kirby, selfish by appearances, but caring and worried about the rest of his buddies. It's good to see him aware of Saunder's weariness and depression. And Caje, so in tune with the troubles of the civilians. He cannot tune out their suffering when he can understand their cries of fear and sadness.

I fully enjoyed the entire piece, and wished there was more of it. If I have any suggestion, it would be the vocabulary you use for these guys. If these are truly their thoughts, the phrasing strikes me as a bit sophisticated. Saunders-"Courage. Such a small word for so vast a meaning" Kirby "narrowly evading capture" It's for these two characters that it stands out the most. And it's such a inconsequential thing. But it was something that kinda stood out to me, so I thought I'd pass it on.

So that's my 2 cents worth. Anxiously awaiting more of your work.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
What a treat to find a new Combat! fanfiction! Excellent and poignant story, beautifully written. I hope to see more from you in the future.:)