Reviews for Gift
Mahler Avatar chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
I can't believe I didn't leave a review for this the first time around. It was my favorite in whitem's MMP challenge last year, and now I find that this heartfelt gem is up for a well-deserved Fannie. Poignant and wistful with Ron showing he true and best colors. Best of luck!

MA
whitem chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I really liked this one.

The most poignant part, for me anyway, was the unstoppable vs un-stoppable part. Ron just wanted to be... Ron.

Good luck with the contest!
Reader101w chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Great story,

Very good way of having Ron give away his power, and the scenery around it made the story very solemn and appealing.

Will Felix have powers, or will the MMP be used all up for his healing? And, now that Ron is a ninja, does he have more time for Kim again?

And will there be Sushi Nachos at the Japanese Bueno Nacho?

Good luck in the contest, and keep up the very good writing,

reader101w
Karon19 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I can understand Ron's reasons for giving away his powers, but while Felix may have the level-head needed to the responsiblity, he lacks the physique and the clarity of purpose; least that's what I think. If I was in a wheelchair and suddenly gained the ability to walk, do you think I'd want to spend the next ten years "sitting" in meditation and preparing for war? I'd want to live my life. Felix is strong, but he's no warrior.

All destiny requires choice. Whether or not Ron made the right one only time will tell.

~Darev

P.S. It was a touching story.
Shrike176 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Good story, I think this combines Ron's essential nature of generosity and desire to help his friends with a little more maturity and self-awareness.

Well done.
kgs-wy chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Nicely done, dude, VERY nicely done. I think the best aspect of the fic was the fine line between selfishness and selflessness that, IMO, is such an integral part of Ron's personality. A much more 'real' feeling character than average, one with shades of gray that most people tend not to portray with him in fiction.

Overall, I have t'give the fic a "READ THIS, NOW!" rating... XD ;)
Katsumara chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Oh man. This was awesome, DP. Just awesome. The gift is an amazing one, that's for sure.. such a wonderful job.
Gomro Morskopp chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
This is top-notch. I've been probing into the aftereffects of the Lorwardian invasion in some of my fanfics, and this one does a great job of that. And I really like Hirotaka's brief appearance, too. Man, some people never change.
Slipgate chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Bravo.

When I read this contest description, I knew it was an opportunity for some wonderful gravitas. Not to put down any stories that go a humorous route, or any other entries to the contest, but this was definitely a worthwhile tale to read. Cheers.
Jimmy1201 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Well done - one of the things that sometimes gets in the way of a Ron story is how to handle his MMP - it is just too powerful. Often writers just ignore it. This story has a maturing Ron giving up the MMP to avoid losing his "Ron-ness". Giving to Felix to heal him let Ron go out with a bang so to speak.
LoPe21 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Cool man. Nice to see ron in any fic. Only wish bonnie could have seen that. Could you have imagined the look on her face!