Reviews for Mysterious Mind
mrspencil chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
When you first posted this tale, I was really impressed with the first 2 chapters, but backed away a bit (as,I suspect, did others) from the images in the third one. I am glad you have toned it down somewhat, although the description is still pretty grim.

Another point, if you don't mind; worth separating author's note from story with a horizontal line. And mentioning your state when posting and informing the reader that you, the author, think the story is awful is not the ideal way of presenting your work for others to read.

I read this, because I know how well you wrote the opening chapters, and in my opinion it is a shame if you are losing confidence in your ability. I am looking forward to seeing how you carry the tale on from here, and wish you well.

I am glad you decided to continue this.

MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 3 . 3/1/2012
Yikes! That would be enough to give someone nightmares.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 2 . 3/1/2012
Mrs. Hudson sure gets interrupted a lot with her cleaning.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Yikes! Three cases at once. Holmes needs a vacation.
Marie Nomad chapter 3 . 11/2/2011
This is spooky. I liked the gradual buildup to Holmes revealing what was going on. I am intrigued and hope that you continue with this.
reflekshun chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
No wonder Watson had nightmares!Thanks again for sharing this wonderful install with us.
reflekshun chapter 2 . 9/12/2011
Ah, the plot thickens! Thank you so much for sharing a fine install.
reflekshun chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This install was really good and got my attention. Thank you for sharing.
Spockologist chapter 3 . 9/2/2011
...Um. Ew? I'm actually quite speechless over this one. Watson's not the only one who is going to have nightmares over this.

So they actually did this to people? That's just sick.

On a happy note, way to use my favorite Thoreau quote!
mrspencil chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
This has taken an unexpected but fascinating direction. You continue to write very well, with the different emotions involved coming across clearly. Well done:-)

Spockologist chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
You know that feeling you get right before you go on a roller coaster, or eat a bowl of ice cream? That giddy anticipation? I get that feeling with this story. This is going to be good.

I'm ready for more. Anything that has to do with Watson and his'previous life' so to speak is bound to be epic. I honestly did not see this coming at all.

"I lit a cigarette and opened the newspaper..." Yeesh. It's a miracle half the population of the 1800's didn't keel over and die from all that smoking. :D

One thing, I caught two little errors. Nothing major, just what happens when you're in the moment and typing fast. You might want to read over it again and fix those. This is such a beautifully written story,I would hate for those misspellings to take away from the charm of the words.

Happy writing!

~Spockologist
anonymous chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
I like your writing style and hope you update soon. Thanks!
medcat chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
A promising and well-written beginning; looking forward to more :)
literaturefreak6 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Awesome opening! Can't wait for the rest!
mrspencil chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Hello! You have set the scene very well here, and I am looking forward to finding out where this is going. I particularly liked Watson deducing whether Holmes was truly asleep.

And welcome:-)