Reviews for Some Things To Work On
I enjoyed this story. A suggestion. A nice tag to this story would be to continue John's story, where Mikes left off. I love John and Mike great story
Kim Murdock chapter 10 . 12/7/2013
That was totally awesome!
Guest chapter 10 . 1/6/2013
Another terrific premise and engagingly-written story. Thanks for sharing.
GageDeSotoFan chapter 10 . 11/9/2012
Really good story. I truly enjoyed it. Thanks, keep up the good work. I haven't written any yet, but love reading all of them.
Piscean6724 chapter 10 . 2/27/2012
Excellent story. You really nailed on your description of OCD behaviors. Way to go!
Neemps chapter 10 . 9/29/2011
Excellent story! Really enjoyed it. I'm glad that Mike was able to tell the "caveman" inside him to shut-up! We all have to do that sometimes. Loved the interactions with Cap. Nice work!
Dianne chapter 10 . 9/26/2011
I enjoyed this story, it was an interesting character study of a possible life of Mike. It was nice to see at the end that he is getting better control of issues that were controlling him in the past. Very well thought out and written, thanks.
jada951 chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
excellent story!

I like that Mike was able to convince himself that his reg. brain was smarter than his cave man brain.

I hope you come back and revisit mike again a few months from now so we can see how his life and friendships progress
Enfleurage chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
I can't remember if I've mentioned how incredibly fascinating it is to see the scenes from Mike's POV, specifically from an Engineer's POV. The show's POV (and 99.99% of the fanfic) is pretty much always from Gage & DeSoto's POV and it's amazing to see the subtleties that are important from a different perspective. I also like see the scenes from the Engine crew's POV - in the show and in fanfic, once the ambulance and squad leave, the POV shifts to in transit or the hospital.

It is (and will continue to be assuming that there might be follow-up stores) interesting to see how and if Cap treats Mike differently. While reading, I wondered what would have happened *before* Mike's little freeze-up if Cap had found Mike puking his guts out because his hands were covered in blood. I don't think he would have reacted in the same way but I could be wrong. It's a mixed blessing, having him look out for Mike and at the same time could make Mike feel under constant watch.

I'd love to see another story dealing with the burgeoning Gage & Mike friendship, two guys who seem to understand each other, and watch as Mike continues to confront his caveman and find ways to learn to be fully comfortable in his own skin. This has been a truly engrossing and addicting journey!
pam1 chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
I really enjoyed this story and seeing a glimpse of what goes on with the 'quiet' member of A shift
Bamboozlepig chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
Kel, I loved this psychological journey into Mike's mind, it was by turns thrilling and heartbreaking, and I think you have captured Mike Stoker so perfectly here...he was such an enigma on the show, and you've taken that blank slate character and filled him out to flesh and blood and brains. I also like how you've given him completely real issues in this story, and his character is flawed and with faults, just like we humans are, it made him more believable and likeable, not to mention totally relatable. The intimacy with which you took us into his mind is amazing...you've laid bare his thoughts and his fears and his deep dark secrets...which so many of us can identify with at one time or another...and you've treated him with dignity and respect as he reveals to the reader what makes Mike Stoker tick. I also love how you explored his relationships with both Johnny and Cap...with Johnny he has created a bond of emotional understanding based on the both of them incurring psychological damage from the blast that injured Johnny, and I really enjoyed the conversations between the two of them, there was an intimacy about it that kept out the emotional gushiness, but kept in the unspoken understanding between the two of them that they were alike in more ways than one. And Cap's character was brought out beautifully here too, so often he's relegated to the secondary role of the stern commander, but I loved how he understood Mike's idiosyncrasies and OCD, accepting it without condemning Mike for them. But my favorite character is Dr. Pritchard..in him you created an eminently likeable man who knew just what psychological buttons to push and how far to push them in trying to help Mike better understand himself and his subconcious mind. He was by turns stern and gentle with Mike as he got Mike to explore his reasons behind his actions, and I like that you didn't go with the cold and forbidding psychiatrist that we often have the stereotypical image of. Definitely enjoyed this story from start to finish, it was a well-crafted and wonderfully emotional read.
OBXTrekkie chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
I really enjoyed this story from start to finish. You gave us a great glimpse into Mike's personality and painted him human, and flawed and it was totally realistic. In this last chapter, Cap came through just the way I always imagined him, as the strong leader and caring friend. Very well done.
starlight guardian chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
More power to Michael! Nicely done about a little problem that can get way out of hand! Especially these days when we are just trying to cope with day to day living.
jerseybelle chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
A wonderful story and love the ending. Liked the way Cap handled the handwashing scene, too. Well done!
Alana Carol chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
Thank you for the story and the compassionate way you handled a serious problem that is too often taken lightly.