Reviews for Spinning Madly On
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
This was great, as usual from you. Good job.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Ow, and wow, and... Yeah, that song pretty much fits perfectly.
DarkBeta chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This is a perfect reaction piece. I loved Posie's quilting club, and the army of dishes outside her apartment. Also the e-mail from Peter Jenkins (would Mr. Whitehill have paid attention to the restraining order if it *was* still in place?) and "Got to stock up on canned goods before everything is gone." This is world-building - what it's like to live in Metro City, and what kind of people *stay* in Metro City - thru characterization. Gratefully, db
Watcher of the Hearts chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
I don't know how I only JUST came across this, but it was fantastic! :)
Dani Kin chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I'm trying to think of how to start this review without just gushing ILOVEYOU like a crazy person...

ILOVEYOU!

Ugh so much to love here.

I love the way you write Roxannes innermost thoughts. She wants her stuffed dog. She fixates on irrelevent crap like her mom calling. She wants to be vindictive and angry but even when she is, it doesn't feel good because she really isn't that person.

Nice to see Drew again. Hi Drew. Some surprises in store for you.

And this fic makes me miss the way you write Megamind SO much. You make him so complex and sometimes dark, but fundamentally not too serious. You can see the love and vulnerability in his goofy emails, even if he doesn't recognize it as such. And the fierce protectiveness of Roxanne with Carnival, you can just hear the way he says "MINE". Plus he swears in Hungarian. That's just neat. I've never seen you write him actually being a villain. He's actually way scarier here then he probably ever was with Roxanne and Metro Man watching. It's about standards people and he's just gonna put this clown down.

Oh and "bad sci-fi channel original movies on Fridays"?

I see what you did here. You make me blush and giggle.
livethatdream chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
You just HAVE to write a sequel. Have to.
SilverGodFanGirl chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I am quite sure that you will hear this from a ton of people, but this has so much potential to be a chapter fic! This was an awesome take on what happened immediately after the Death Ray... something I've not read yet. Lovely characterization and portrayal of the different processes in grieving. I will certainly be looking into your other works!
Tabbydragon chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Oh my god. Dear, you may not think this is your best work, but I'm completely blown away! I don't even know where to begin! Minion! Guh! Your Minion! The hug bit, and then the finger hug! I squeed. I admit this freely.

I would respectfully like to ask if I can abduct Drew and have him for my brother. I love him to bits. No, seriously. I already have the rope and duct tape.

You write Roxanne's grief so believably. You even have her go into that weird "think about random crap as a defense against constant grief" mode. I've -done- that. And it's totally surreal because at the same time you're pondering the moral implications of apple sauce or something, the rest of you is wondering why you aren't still freaking out. The fact that you included it in here made it all incredibly real to me.

And then there's boomsplosion. I almost blew a vital organ or two. I was picturing Megamind flailing at the keyboard after accidentally hitting "send" and it nearly did me in. Just thinking about it now is making me giggle like an idiot.

I adore this story, and I'm so glad you posted it. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)
IMPhoenix chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Liked this; alternating touching, sad and funny. (the emails from boomsplosion-Ha-ha!)
rmroxs chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
woah great read! i love the emails XD nice take on what could have happen, i can see it :)
Lykegenia chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Angst and fluff in one go! This is a wonderful fic, and you got the characterisations down to a Tee.
I Believe In Fairytales 606 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Really I can find the correct words to express of how I how found this story to be simply amazing.

Roxannes emotional tornado was heart breaking and very believable. I couldn't help but smile that she nicked one of Wayne's shirts. It was a pleasant surprise that Minion (and Megamind) had tried in their own way to comfort Roxanne.

If you can, do you think you can wright a follow up on this? Where Roxanne and Wayne try to rebuild their friendship? If you don't what too that's cool, I'm just saying that I wouldn't mind reading it if it was from you.

Please?
AtemFan18 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
oh my god! i always thought that roxanne's going to feel bad but this is 100 better. i mean, i love the way you wrote her feelings for wayne and how she's handle with his death. please make another chapter!
KBJones chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
This was great! :) Thanks for posting it.