Reviews for Lay Down Your Sword
QueenNaberrie chapter 13 . 7/29/2014
Another sweet story to add to the favorites list and Ignacio de Soto finally learned how to be a good and respected leader in earnest. Bravo!
Knotheadsrus chapter 13 . 10/3/2011
What a wonderful story! I like how you had De Soto realize that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I always knew he was not a dumb Alcalde! Great job!
KlingonKitten chapter 13 . 9/30/2011
As usual, BRAVO! Wonderful story, artfully told.

The Kitten
ABlape chapter 13 . 9/30/2011
I have a lot of fun reading your story as always. You have a talant, and you need wright books :) Thank you.
DietMJ chapter 13 . 9/30/2011
Aw, the end really? I hope you're already working on the next one, please!

I really liked how this entire story progressed. Especially the courtship. It was realistic, not so fairy tale. Glad you didn't kill off DeSoto, but made him think, and become better at his job.
katie1999 chapter 13 . 9/30/2011
Very nicely done, I like it
Arianka chapter 11 . 9/27/2011
Sorry, I couldn't review earlier. This story is getting more and more interesting. I liked the idea of Zorro not helping unless it's necessary and people really need help. You're right, it's high time for the people to learn how to defend their own business.

The talk between Victoria and don Alejandro as very intimate. I'm glad she was able to trust Alejandro and talk with him so sincerely. But then, when Diego met her - I grinned. He was happy like a child that got a toy or sweet he was dreaming about.

Hope to read soon next chapters

Ariana
DietMJ chapter 11 . 9/25/2011
ah, it's coming along nicely. Now, I cannot wait to see how they are going to be together without de Soto getting suspicious!
mararu chapter 9 . 9/22/2011
I love Diego serenading Victoria, I can see the picture. You really make this a good story. First I was disappointed that there was no more Diego/Victoria progress but I think I read it too fast, you are very good adding small things, like Victoria wanting Diego's attention and her giving Zorro a kiss on the cheek.

Keep up fast please.
DietMJ chapter 9 . 9/21/2011
I was hoping for some new chapters soon, and you gave us 2! Love how the events are unfolding. Finally the Dons are stepping up to the task!
Knotheadsrus chapter 9 . 9/21/2011
More great chapters! I am anxiously waiting for more. I feel so bad for Diego/Zorro. It must be terrible stepping back and watching, when he is so used to jumping in and saving the day. Really good story!
DietMJ chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
Thanks for posting 2 chapters at once! I think this is one of the few (if only) times when Zorro unmasked, that Victoria wasn't shocked for a minute and then fell into Zorro's arms- all forgiven! Your version is more realistic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It makes sense it would be unfolding this way. Of course she would be mad at her best friend, and at herself for not figuring it out herself. Now that Diego's fear is gone, he can work on his plan. I cannot wait to see what happens next. Well written!

MJ
Arianka chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
Wow, another two wonderful chapters! I liked the way Diego revealed himself to Victoria. This mask on her bed with a rose... I laughed whjen he wanted to leave Victoria WITHOUT his mask. It shows how nervous he was :):)

Victoria's reaction was interesting. That she didn't yell or threw herself into Zorro's arms, that she was so... calm. And it's probable that she needed time. But anyway, she was angry when she heard de Soto laughing at Diego. It seems she does care for him :)

Unofficial courtship - another icing on the cake. These flowers... Diego should be careful :):)

Arianka
Knotheadsrus chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
Great update!

It was good that Don Alejandro was able to see Diego/Zorro and figure it out without actually being told.

The rose with the mask. I could just picture it! Perfect way for Victoria to find out. It was nice, too, that she didn't just jump into his arms. There had to be some mixed feelings and you portrayed them beautifully! Can't wait to read more.
ABlape chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
Thanks great update. I like angry and fiery Victoria.