Reviews for Redefining Joy
Spiderflight chapter 20 . 5/29
Hi sam's folly,

First of all, thank you for writing this fanfiction. It's a great story, the plot is tight, and you've really characterized Sam well. I've also really enjoyed the AU setting, and TJ and Dean were great too!

But more than that, I want to thank you for changing my perspective on disability, and how it's both experienced and perceived. We had a section on the topic in my anthropology class, but somehow it was your story that made the issue relevant for me, as well as understandable. I also must acknowledge how well you've handled the mental trauma of such an injury, as well as Sam's struggle to accept himself. Your story has definitely helped me be more patient and understanding with my Dad, who has a TBI and hasn't been 'himself' for more than a year now. It's hard dealing with his anger and frustration and everything else that comes with such an injury, but your story's given me hope. And for that, I thank you.

I've already read the sequel to this story, but I've yet to read your third Sam/TJ fanfiction. I'm sure they're going to be as well written as the first two.

Thank you, God bless, and I love you.
MadeleineWinche chapter 6 . 2/12
I absolutely adored this chapter. I love TJ so much!
MadeleineWinche chapter 5 . 2/12
I'm absolutely loving this story, I love how you're so detailed and your writing is flawless. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to read more (and the sequels)!
Queenbeee222 chapter 6 . 1/29
Woo woo future otp
Queenbeee222 chapter 5 . 1/29
Awesome
beckini chapter 6 . 1/4
This is my favorite Sam love story and I love the entire trilogy. I'm just reading it again because I love it so much. Thank you for writing it.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/30/2016
Whoa this was simply amazing took me four days to read this. Late nights of reading gave me great dreams you did the characters so well. Totally amazing staring sequel now.
Beth Pryor chapter 19 . 6/14/2015
So I'm on vacation and got tired of the books I brought to read and came back to this fic (for no less than the 5th time). You've done such a great job here. I've seen about 3 episodes of the show, but I felt like I knew the characters after having read this, and your original characters are so well-formed and multidimensional. The follow-ups are equally impressive. Thanks for sharing this!
beckini chapter 19 . 5/14/2015
EXCELLENT STORY!
beckini chapter 4 . 5/13/2015
I find NOTHING about your story to be boring! This is a great original story. I'm LOVING it! FAVE!
beckini chapter 3 . 5/13/2015
Your angst makes Kurt Cobain look like Donny Osmond - Best. Line. Ever.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/13/2014
Loved this story. Truly about Sammy, with romance and a happy ending.
Julie chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
I read the whole story and I really really liked it. I am impressed how you were able to show the reader the obstacles Sam had to overcome, without taking away his dignity. This is not the first wheelchair fic I read but I must say, I learned a lot. thank you for doing such a great job and all your time and efforts!
SuperVikinggirl chapter 4 . 7/19/2014
Don't knock yourself, this was a great chapter!
weasleychick32 chapter 18 . 7/19/2014
You did such a great job with this. I can't imagine all the research that went into it but I think it all paid off. :-) I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the rest of the series.