Reviews for The Ellipse
Guest chapter 15 . 6/5/2013
That.
Was.
Epic.

Coraline is such a baddass.
Wybie is SO adorable.
Maria is the BEST oc in the world.
DakotaLee chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Coraline Jones is a Secretary of the United States Department of the Supernatural it is fantastic
Seeing Spirits chapter 15 . 1/29/2013
Brilliant. That little boy was just brilliant. I think I'll need to go to the hospital for so much laughter. Great story.
Aryck1095 chapter 13 . 9/2/2012
Loved Coraline's little speech to Malinois in this chapter. Sums up the moral of her whole story rather nicely, I think. Well done. The Ellipse is my favorite part of The Station Sequence, by far.

. . .

"I always dreamed of finding a better world. And when I found what I thought was one, I couldn't think of anything else. But I poked at that world just a little bit, and what I found revealed how rotten it was. And I learned that if I wanted a better world, I'd have to go out there and make it myself. With my own effort, my own sweat and tears, my own drive to make the world right. And I've worked hard on it ever since, and I've learned a couple of things along the way, and one of those things, Mr Malinois, is that you don't make a better world by murdering children. And if you want to make your own world based on that, then you and I are working at what we call cross-purposes."
Woodswolf chapter 8 . 5/19/2012
It was hung from a noose

...

"Stormcrow…" it hissed, a whisper of breath between lips that twitched in a facsimile of movement. "…Futile. Hopeless. Run away. Run far away. You will die. The child is ours."

...

"You will have her bones." The doll twitched on its rope, jerking above the floor, and emitted a short series of dusty barks that approximated laughter. Painted porcelain lips peeled back over red gums. "Bones and dust. We rule here. Turn back or you will die alone. Your friends will die one by one, before your eyes. Your souls will…"

...

Predictions of the future are fun.

Kinda sad that I just finished re-reading chapter ten, though. And that this is for chapter eight.
Woodswolf chapter 7 . 5/19/2012
"Look, we'll make a deal. You stop laughing in a knowing way, and I'll do my best to get into a steady relationship before you turn sixty. Deal?"

...

Kept a few promises, have you?

You have.

But you've broken some you made with yourself.

"Why do I have the feeling that the most blissful period of my life has come crashing to a stop before I had time to properly appreciate it?" said Coraline.

...

By the time Wybie and Maria had moved onto the assorted songs of The Sound of Music, and Coraline had threatened them with at least several dozen forms of death in escalating order of horribleness,

Threatened them.

Now, you might not have threatened the death that occured, but yes, the most blissful period in your life has ended.

Or, at minimum, it will end in around fifteen, twenty years or so.

That will also be the day that innocent death threats are carried out.

That will be the day you break your own promises.

Surprisingly, there are a good deal fewer Narodnaya references in this one than WSS.
Sonosublime chapter 15 . 1/7/2012
Very original idea. I had trouble picturing Coraline and Wybie as adults, but it made for a very interesting and entertaining read. I loved the scene where they were yelling at the coatl from the helicopter.

Anyway, good luck with your future stories, I'm looking forward to reading the third story of this series (although sad that it will be the last one).
Woodswolf chapter 15 . 12/27/2011
Beautiful! The whole series is!

I'm very sorry that Narodnoya is in 'developmental hell' right now. Can you recover it? Please?

Pretty please?

With sugar?

And a cherry?

And more sugar?

And a new car?

And an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii?

Russia?

The Congo?

And finally, a new feature I will be adding in all reviews from this day forward:

TO THE CHARACTERS:

CORALINE:

Once upon a time, you, Coraline, found out his name was Wyborne, and you played off of that to create your pet name for him, Why-were-you-born.

Well, guess what? I can tell you the reason.

To save your ass. Several times.

Be thankful for it.

WYBIE:

Well, unfortunately, the girl of your dreams hasn't exactly had the chance to get all cuddly with you, has she? Too bad. No one cares.

Well, we can pretend we don't care, but that's for another fanfic.

So far, your only chance is to hope to God that she'll retire from the Department in her thirties. Or forties. You can maybe get cuddle time after that.

MARIA:

Well, even though you're an OC, I've taken a liking to you. You've fared well, and passed challenges.

I want to see how you fare.

Go on with your crazy tale. :)
Obsidian-Thread chapter 5 . 11/23/2011
Despite a few grammatical, and spelling errors, this is one of the best coraline fics I've ever read.
TickleTheToast chapter 15 . 10/29/2011
Wow. Dude, you are so good at this! You're so creative, and thats a lot of dedication to this storyline! I can't wait for the next ones. And, by the by, there are very few times in a fanfiction in which I actually like an OOC main character, but Maria is kinda awesome in a not-trying-to-be-totally-awesome way. :) May your pen (and/or word processor) never rest!

KEEP WRITING (please!)!

Ashe*
TickleTheToast chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
And now I AM reading it. :D It seems like you've got quite a setup going... Dept of Supernatural? Sur-real? Coraline Jones? Your creativity astounds, and I can't wait to finish writing this review so I can read the rest of it! _

KEEP WRITING!

Ashe*
coraline. not caroline chapter 2 . 10/25/2011
i ment to ask the first time i read this.

were is cat from the movie i want him back he was better

btw great sequal i read the first and both r great
Model Builder chapter 15 . 10/25/2011
After a very hard, grueling day at work, it was a treat to end my evening by seeing that the final chapter of "The Ellipse" was posted. Well done, Marquis-Carabas. Well done.

You do much justice to the characters and milieu created by Neil Gaiman. Please let me know when the graphic novels come out!
trawn chapter 15 . 10/25/2011
Wicked fic. Rather enjoyed your expanded universe and the action movie inspired storytelling. It's odd to think of Coraline as a badass but it works.

I'm curious about the "Maria appeared in none" line - it feels like it needs expanding on, or possibly like a leftover idea from an earlier draft.

Anyway, looking forward to the next part.

Thanks,

trawn.
Model Builder chapter 14 . 10/23/2011
"When you put it like that…" said Wybie (to the Coatl,) as though the situation was perfectly normal. Gotta hand it to Wybie.

While Coraline uses her anger-management issues, and Maria uses her focused logic, to deal with supernatural threats; Wybie is definitely the most unflappable member of your Coraline/Wybie/Maria Titanium Trio . . . .