Reviews for Perhaps They Are Not Stars
Guinevere81 chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
That was beautifully written. A bit OOC but then I don't mind that, it had me quite spellbound. Sometimes the most unrealistic fanfics can be the most beautiful. I really enjoyed reading it. You have a very creative mind when it comes to symbols and metaphors.
I'll look for more of your work...
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Not sure I get what you were getting at with this one. Though it might help I suppose f I knew what this Hotson roleplay was? For the rest of the analogies to pain, death and the struggle for survival here its very spiritual, I believe is the word but also too descriptive. John's cognitive processes while centred on the pain and dying are a little too well-formed, too coherent and while I have seen other writers do such a deep introspection before a supposed death/near-death scene it has never made sense to me. All of this is probably why I can make no comment towards like or dislike...
jboat chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Beautiful. Took my breath away. Love it.
J chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Beautifully written.
Nutella0Mutt chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Very touching!
Sinyeta chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
This was beautiful. And goddamnit, I demand more!
Rachel Lyse Brook chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This is beautiful.

I can feel the pain, confusion, despiration and love pouring out of every word.

Perfect doesn't fully discribe this fic.

All the awards!

SephiruRibbon chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Well, you've done it again. I could write another million words about how amazing you are, and how elegant and perfect your writing is...but I'll just go ahead and use "perfect". Five stars. Your work is such a pleasure to read.
mo chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Oh please, please write more. Maybe something from Sherlock's point of view when he sees John for the first time after this? I love Michael Ondaatje, In the Skin of a Lion is my favorite book. This seems a lovely nod to his style.
Amy chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I rarely review, but this has to be one of the most beautiful, lyrical pieces of writing I've read in any fanfiction. I love everything about this.
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Beautifully written and yeah, I love happy endings so well done :)
YupThatsMySock chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I can really see the influence of Michael Ondaatje, especially in the first line. He always liked to begin his stories mid-action, like in The English Patient.

Beautiful story; it almost brought me to tears. Sherlock's desperate pleadings for John to hang on were heartwrenchingly sweet, and I'm afraid I'm not creative enough to think of what John could possibly be saying. A few things I could assume, like blaming himself, but the rest I bemoaned myself for, for not being clever enough to get proper ideas of what he could be telling Sherlock.

I liked the quotes and I'm so relieved there was a good ending for John and Sherlock...I would almost ask you to write their meeting but this is profound as it is.

Well done. I absolutely loved it.