Reviews for I Like It When You Scare Me
dALEkilLsU chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
i liked the story,and am looking forward to reading the next 1. i have more 2 say but am waiting untill the last 1 2 finish the review.
Questionable Object chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Lol wow that was really sweet and awkward. I liked a lot. Oh and thanks for reminding me the sequel was actually a sequel lol. I definitely love your work. I cant see any flaws its great and I love the musical aspect thrown in.
Quill Inkwell chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I have no idea how I never noticed this story, but I'm glad I finally did! I really enjoyed your depiction of Vinyl- you did a really good job of showing the insecurities behind her showy public face.

Great song choice, too. I'm listening while I write my review, and it rocks. I was almost disappointed when Vinyl stopped short of kissing Twilight. The way you interspersed lyrics and prose did a great job establishing a whole mess of sexual tension, and now it's all unresolved! Looking forward to reading the sequel (which I'll be doing as soon as I finish with this review).
MasterWriter37 chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
This indeed was new to see; you don't see many DJ Pon3 (Vinyl Scratch) stories out there...or pictures for that matter! But, wow, the story you weaved that involved her having confused feelings for Twilight, mainly due to her voice and her past...and maybe something more...was fantastic! Even though we only saw Vinyl for really one episode (so far), I can honestly say that you wrote her in a perfect way, since that's how I would envision her, too. The only thing I didn't really like was the light swearing used near the end; feeling romantic feelings is one thing, but when swearing is involved with My Little Pony, it always bothers me. But, that's just me. It doesn't matter; either way, I really loved this, and if it's alright with you, I wouldn't mind writing a sequel to this. Very nice job, Amber!
Steve chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Damn good story.

Though I REALLY want to keep reading about these two, I like the ending you gave it. It made the story feel like an extremely interesting piece of a larger tale (I.e. Scratch's life).

Bravo. Damn good. Oh and I'm loving Of Feathers and Females, if I haven't commented on it directly.

You are bloody fantastic. All the time always. Soo good. You have a knack for giving detailed depth of character to these admittedly simple characters. Like their lives just click with you, even if they don't actually have lives for you to understand.

I don't know. You're great.
Vaahti chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
I never thought of shipping these two. But despite how crack this pairing is you made it work just fine. I like how you built up Scratch's character and background story a bit which I guess would be fun to do because she's somewhat mysterious. The writing was great as well.

The ending was cute too. And I listened to the song, it's quite catchy.
Hillside Dancing On chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I know I've said it before, but I love the past you have Vinyl Scratch. She's right, after all - Twilight really does have a pretty singing voice. This is one of those crack pairings that's actually plausible. Nice job!
The Socialist chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
As a shipping fan I hope you continue this story. I guess the other story on scratch's background also sounds good.
G1-Barricade chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
I love seeing stories with Vinyl Scratch and this story was nooo exception.

Keep up the good work.
Lucy Ash Hawthorne chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Iyrdin chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
This was great! The way you handled a character who we know nothing about other than that she is a musician/disk jockey was spectacular.

The subtlety of Vinyl's back story was easy enough to tell some things but also left a certain amount of creativity to the reader, which is always a smart move on a character we know virtually nothing about.

Although I can't explain why, I didn't really like how Vinyl and Pinkie were associated. I guess that's just me and my personal stubbornness of seeing Pinkie in a relationship when I don't really see her trying to pursue one.

Overall a WONDERFUL read, the emotional build up and nail biting climax were very well put together. I loved it, and I would like to see a sequel/part two, or even just different endings. Keep it up!
Mattie Scary chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Heart of Blades chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Hurray for open endedness. Well, that was very good, loved the setup and you do a killer Vinyl Scratch. I loved how you had hints of her backstory but didn't go into great detail, for now anyway. Again you get Twilight spot on. I'm really pleased about how you did the ending, leaving the conclusion up to the reader. Did they hook up? Become friends? Or did Twilight just finish the recording and stay far away from Scratch forever! I can probably guess what I, it isn't the last one

Fantastic lyrics too. Makes me wanna go listen to that song...even if it's electro, lol

On a final note, I can not express my love over Scratch's red eyes and your handling of them. If I saw a pony with red eyes I'd sure raise an eye brow, lol

All in all, fantastic job
XNULLX chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Well then, this certainly came out of nowhere. But sometimes, the best stories come from nowhere.

This is by far my favorite thing you've written, which is saying a lot. The description and detail, especially of Vinyl's thought process, was beyond awesome, and everything was a perfect length. Leaving it open like that was brilliant, and I'm SO happy Twilight didn't respond favorably right away. Not everything needs that perfect ending, and it's much better this way.

Your interpretation of Scratch is so cool, and I'd love to see you write more of her. I love your depiction of her home, and her little stalkerish side when finding out about Twi's voice. She totally would do something like that. Twilight was great too, and you nailed her kind but timid nature.

Definitely awesome. You have a real talent for interesting one-shots (or two-shots).