Reviews for She Was There
Viertel chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Brilliant and eloquent. It captures, in essence, the entire problem with Rowling's lack of credible/believable romance from the series. Harry and Hermione have always stuck together (even when annoyed at each other in 6th year) and share a deeper connection than Harry and Ron, Harry and Ginny, and Ron and Hermione.

"She was there." is a phrase that holds as much power as "Always and always."
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
:) I enjoyed this, really! When my roommate first got me started on the whole Harry Potter thing we watched the first two movies(all that were out & being at uni didn't leave time for a few hundred pages of 'light' reading) and one of the only questions I had was 'is there something between them in the books?' She said there wasn't and fans were hoping for her and Ron... That was always almost as puzzling to me as Harry with his adoring fan...
Just-another-teenage-dirtbag chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I think this story was fantastic, you didn't rush it nor did you drag it. Love the way you wrote how Harry slowly started to doubt Ginny; I personally agree with everything Albus said about Ginny and Hermione and the whole Lily bit since I don't get the whole- Harry's with Ginny because she's like his mum- o_0. Im not a Ginny/Harry fan (as you can tell lol) so found this story wonderful. Great work and plot :D
Schnuff chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
From the main pairing i prefer Harry/Hermione.

But only because there is

no other option in most stories.

Counting all characters...i would say the most compatible are

Harry/Luna...hey i just love Luna stories.

But lets talk about the 2 main subjects (no not Snape and Draco)

Hermione...i would think that she is the last one who could a person like Harry gives the feeling he needs most...understanding.

Yes she is with him but what do they have in common? She loves reading, researching stuff. If they have an argument its always Hermione who is right in the end.

She doesn't like flying or his adventures even if she goes with him (nagging him about that).

Ginny, oh come on. I'll never understand JKR with THAT.

At the very last (like you said in this story) she is an copy of his mom (from the looks) and every boy thinks about marrying his mom at one time.

But in reality i would say no to all the girls from the book.

First reason... i don't think that teens at the age of 17 real know anything about love and absolutely nothing about marriage...proven with the many divorces from early marriages.

Yes they are together at school...but do they real know each other?

I've seen so many of my schoolmates falling in love...real love...and after 2-3 months they found another real love.

Anyway good story
Rori Potter chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Interesting.
MegaNerdAlert chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
I just kinda stumbled on this fic while looking for "Harry and Dumbledore are related" fics, and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not normally into HG/HP pairings, because it's almost as predictable as RW/HG and HP/GW...which was how JKR ended things, of course. I don't generally like predictable.

BUT...this was really good...and I'd really like to see a part 2. How does Ginny react to the breakup? You did a great job not painting her as a villain here, so I'm wondering if she will bow out with grace, or loose her temper. How will Harry even approach Hermione? Is she actually conscious of the fact that she's in love with him. or will she be as surprised as Harry? How will Ron take his best mate dumping his sister and stealing his girlfriend? I mean...OUCH! I don't know if Ron could stay in character and NOT loose his temper after that. Seriously, a part 2 is all I'm asking for here. Pllleeeeaaassseeee?
Midlina chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
I love how you didn't bash Dumbledore but managed to capture his flaws. I also love H/Hr to death, so this story was awesome.
KuraiArcoiris chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I have been a Harry/Hermoine fan since pretty much the beginning, even though I knew that Hermoine would end up with Ron. For the sake of keeping this review short, I won't go into how much that pairing (Ron/Hermoine} drives me crazy. After about the fourth book, I stopped liking Ron to any degree, so seeing sweet Hermoine paired with him just because their opposites makes me so mad! But I agree with you about Ginny. I don't think she's a terrible character, but I don't think she belongs with Harry. Your fic does a good job explaining why not. Thank you so much for writing it!
a fan chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Honestly i thought it was great. i agree with the whole idea of harry and ginny. just think of the kids emotional status... i dont even want to think of the tempers. lol i believe you did a wonderful job on this. i hope to see more harry potter fics from you!
chocolateluvr13 chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Hiya! I really liked this. I admit, there were times when i thought it was a bit cheesy and that harry was a bit out of character (mainly just the cursing though), but all in all i think it worked. I've always liked the Harry/Hermione couple: they just work, But i can see and understand Harry and Ginny as well. Honestly, i think Rowling just coupled Harry with Ginny and Ron with Hermione to keep the gang together, all in the family. I'm stubborn when it comes to changing the story, but i do admit, i love this couple.

All in all, i loved this story, and i would love a sequel :D
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
nice! :)

you should write a sequel :)
Armacryss chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
I like that One-Shot... and that's quite a surprise in fact.

To be honest, I liked HP/GW as a pairing when I began to read fanfic... but more I read about it and the canon, more I found it weird.

I've always been quite reluctant about H/Hr, I don't really know why... but your story made me curious about it. Really curious. I think I'll try to read some stories ;)

Well, just great job... it's like you were Dumbledore in this story ;)
opal chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Great Story, I totally agree the Harry/Ginny thing came outta nowhere and it never really worked for me either. I always thought it was weird that Ginny was practically invisible for 5 books then suddenly becomes Harry's girlfriend. I like the idea of Harry and Hermione much better I think it make a lot more sense
unhealthyaddict chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
I loved this :') I loved this story. I am one who never liked Harry/Ginny because I see Ginny more of a fangirl. While I however agree with Ron/Hermione (because of the movies mostly), this argument and portrayal you wrote here, is just perfect and logical. You wrote it so well and hey the grandfatherly Albus type was also a bonus.
Harriet Telcontar Holmes chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I always knew there was a reason why I didn't particularly like H/G. It never really felt right, like Dumbldore says. She always saw Harry as too much of a hero and not as a person. I can't say I'm not really a H/Hr fan because I am too fond of R/Hr, although your arguments against that are very valid, but as I said, I've never liked H/G. But I have accepted it because, for me, it isn't that important because the two of them have very few scenes together anyway, so I could sort of ignore it...

Anyway, I really enjoyed your story because everyone was totally in character and because your style is very entertaining. So, thumbs up!