Reviews for House of Cards
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I've always wondered what would've happened if Snape didn't have to deal with the pressure of being in Slytherin with the others. So many things just are and no one can change them with the wave of a wand.
geekchic8428 chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Wow. That was amazing. It was full of emotion, and it was a whole different way to think about things.
WolfDarkfur chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
It's almost sad that what characteristics you have at 11 affect your whole life.
I would like to read that tale too.
Mittenzs chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Excellent, excellent. This is honestly one of my favorite HP fics. It's unique and I love your writing style! I have always wondered if the Sorting Hat was wrong in the houses it chose to put the students in. I think Harry would've made a nice Slytherin. It's too bad that his views on the house were tainted by Ron and Hagrid's comments, and from the general negative view of Slytherin in general. :( I disagree on Snape being a Gryffindor, though, but we all have different opinions :) Overall, great work!
An Author's Pen chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
First of all, the houses the sorting hat thought it should have placed people in rang very true. I especially liked Percy's segment. i never considered him mis-sorted, but looking back I agree.

What I enjoyed most was the bittersweet feel of the piece. Maybe everything turned out fine, but maybe it could have turned out better. Some where.

[It would be a strange tale, one of mixed thoughts and prejudices, but the Hat would've liked to read it.]

So would I.
Envy Bleeds Red chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Love it! Very well written! Especially Harry and Snape! One of my favorite stories by far :D
gerr-bear chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
its an interesting take on something i would have never thought of, good job!
MidnightBloom17 chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
This was brilliant! Especially Snape- I have a soft spot for him. He's such a dynamic character.

But I really felt that no one other than me realized that the definition of Slytherin, from the Sorting Hat himself, was "ambitious and cunning".

Percy Weasley wants to be Minister- ambitious

Peter Pettigrew betrayed his friends for his own purpose- cunning

Anyone who truly would do ANYTHING in order to achieve their goals is a Slytherin- that doesn't mean they're evil.
Carter Lee Grace chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I love this one-shot! Especially after watching AVPS, I've had quite a love for the Sorting Hat. Even though the AVPS Sorting Hat is nothing like the actual one...well, that we know of XD

The basis of this story is one I've questioned a lot. How DOES the Sorting Hat choose who goes where? And what happens when it messes up? It can't just say "RAVENCLAW" then a second later, "OH WAIT I MEANT SLYTHERIN". That would be awkward, huh?

I like the way you began the story, particularly the one line about stereotyping the Houses. Because it's true, especially to those fans who are more...ah, shallow. On the surface, the Houses seem clear cut, but quite obviously, they are not. You portray that well, and you portray how every person is not clear cut either.

The whole "oh the Sorting Hat will basically let you choose where to go" thing bothered me when Harry told his son. Because, obviously, the Sorting Hat should go with its choice, not the Sortee's. That's another point you bring up nicely, how the influence of others caused Dumbledore and Harry to choose what House they wanted/didn't want to be in.

Dumbledore, Snape, and Harry were quite obvious choices to throw into the story (not that that's a bad thing), but Percy was definitely one that I didn't expect to see. You made it evident, though, that Percy had traits that were so much more Hufflepuff than Gryffindor. Once again, expectations, mostly because his entire family was Gryffindor...

The ending was very fitting to the one-shot. It tied together the title to the story (oh, and nice title, by the way), and I love the dramatic irony D All in all, I loved it!

Carter
James-Padfoot chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
A brilliant little piece into the mind of the sorting hand (though I wonder where it keeps it...)

Harry is of course the obvious 'mistake', and a Slytherin Dumbledore would have done more harm than good, but a Ravenclaw Dumbledore would have been interesting, and I definitely agree with Percy, though he might have been suited for Ravenclaw as well.

And I fully agree that "Whatever House you were in changed everything." because it really does.

I do wonder if you'd dabble into exploring these AUs, it would be interesting.

Great job!