Reviews for Contrary to Popular Belief
Vema chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Omg. This is flipping adorable! Finally Roxanne gets a chance to be a hero. (: Nicely done!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Amazing, truly amazing
Ani Mei chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Aw...this is so cute! I enjoyed this fic a lot, the characters are very much so in character and it's a nice way to look at the plot post-movie. It's a good analysis of how people will react and what consequences Megamind has to face for his villainous ways.
joanhello chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Just discovered this. I like it a lot. You've got the characters in character, a nice clear plotline, and plenty LOLs! Great job!
chickens chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
That was absolutely fantastic. Great story, great writing, adorable ending.
Dreamsinger chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Excellent work. Nobody is comically stupid; the 'intervention' scene is particularly realistic-feeling, and the Roxanne/Megamind scenes are sweet.

I like how you phrase things, like the bit where Minion whispers 'in case he might scare off her idea, or she herself'. A unique, funny way of looking at things! _

I'm glad you have Roxanne consulting lawyers, rather than suddenly being a legal expert. Someone on called Sevandor1 came up with the idea that Metro Man 'lost his powers' too, which strikes me as a beautifully neat way to solve the problem of Megamind's unearned murder rap.

For constructive criticism, the only thing that bothered me was when you had Roxanne notice disguised Minion's hand felt strange. In the Megamind LiveJournal community there have been a lot of thoughtful discussions about the nature of the disguise watch, and the consensus seems to be that the watch actually changes the wearer's outer form to match the projected form, (don't ask me how the physics work) since Megamind was able to wear a bike helmet that ought to have been far too small to fit. And Roxanne didn't notice spikes or leather when she held his hand on the park blanket.

Other than that, I applaud you for a job well done. Now I'm off to see if you have any other fics...
Margot-Eve chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Nicely done ;] I like the idea with the interview ;]
Panakeia chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Even when the context of the story has been used in several fics before, I found this one pretty mature and credible. Specially how you portrayed the characters.
Shahrezad1 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
-cackles in a delighted fashion- Well, that was absolutely lovely. And I'm particularly happy with how you solved the situation: "After Megamind's death-ray stripped me of my powers..."

I was actually thinking of using that concept for a separate fanfic (MetromanXOC, since there are so few of those...that actually work), so kudos to you for great minds thinking alike and all that Jazz. Also, the mix of cheese and sincerity was fun, particularly when it came to the interview versus Roxanne's interactions with Megamind.

Welcome back again!
rmroxs chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
holy cow this was brilliant! never thought about the death ray being able to take his powers away! great idea! lovely job! i thought this was entertaining as hell! (in a good way) GREAT READ! hope to see more in the future!
Tabbydragon chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
This was adorable and funny and sweet, and I love it to bits! The cheesy "interview" had me giggling like an idiot, and you captured Roxanne here so well! I love how determined and focused she is!

I really hope you end up writing more for Megamind. You're great at it!
KBJones chapter 1 . 9/2/2011