Reviews for Ike versus the Fourth Wall
Werde Spinner chapter 16 . 6/19/2013
Again, I am cackling with hysterical laughter here over this chapter. Spot on, absolutely spot on. I like the description of Yune dive-bombing the soldiers... Ahaha. One of the few times anyone displayed some genre-savviness.

"I'm on a cliff! I'm on a cliff! Everybody look at me 'cause I'm jumping off a cliff! Wheeeeeeee!" - You do NOT know how hard I laughed - and am still laughing - at this line. Cheers.
Werde Spinner chapter 15 . 6/19/2013
I absolutely love the way you write everyone, even down to the people whom almost nothing is known about, like Aran and Laura. (I admit it, I have a soft spot for Aran. He's amazing.) You do have good points about the Blood Pacts, though - they were such a shoddy piece of script writing. They could have worked if they had been handled well, but they weren't.

Personally, I like to believe that the Blood Pact Ashnard pulled on his dad was more like paying Volke to go around and kill all the appropriate people. Hey, there had to have been a reason Greil/Gawain knew about Volke, right...?
Werde Spinner chapter 14 . 6/19/2013
Right on. This chapter is all sorts of awesome. Sorry, Shinon, but until you can attack close up you aren't a badass. (That's part of the reason why I prefer mages, even if they are a bit squishy.)

This is random, but I always found it amusing that Shinon is a Greek name. It was the guy who tricked the Trojans into bringing in the wooden horse. Sometimes it's spelled 'Sinon'. I wonder if IS knew about that when they named him. Just a thought...
Werde Spinner chapter 13 . 6/19/2013
This chapter was all sorts of awesomeness. Stefan is amazing. I always wondered how he suddenly popped up out of nowhere. I always assumed he walked out of a sandstorm, but your explanation works, too. Perhaps there are hidden tunnels under the sand?

Astra. Astra. Astra. Love it so much. It Adept no enemies left.
Werde Spinner chapter 12 . 6/19/2013
This. Was. Hilarious. I am dying with laughter here. Geoffrey's reaction only seals it.

I always do wonder why, whenever someone in fiction claims that they are royalty or something along those lines, everyone automatically believes them, without once questioning the claim or looking for proof. I mean... really... *headbang* Script writers, they should be fired. Some things just don't cut it.
Werde Spinner chapter 11 . 6/19/2013
Still cackling hysterically here. I hopw you're prepared for your inbox to be flooded. That's what I do when I find a long fic that I like - I review every single chapter!

This was gold. Again. So gold. I especially like the touch of Caineghis reciting a (slightly altered) line from The Rime of the Ancient Mariner - nice one! Also, the comparison of Izuka to Grima Wormtongue. I mean, really. The guy has 'obviously evil' written across his face. Come /on/, Pelleas... You are a precious noodle, but still a noodle.
Werde Spinner chapter 10 . 6/19/2013
Oliver as the Black Knight would have been hilarious. That would make an incredible awesome crack!fic, if you ever get any inclination that way. Yeah, if they had bothered to make Zelgius more plot-relevant, his reveal as the Black Knight would have been so much better. But I am of the opinion that the script writers for RD should have had their clipboards taken away from them, so...
Werde Spinner chapter 9 . 6/19/2013
I am cackling hysterically as I read these chapters. They are gold, solid gold. I especially love Jill's rant - rock on, Jill! I also really like Ranulf's song and dance as he gets beaten up. Pity the laguz were nerfed for RD.
Werde Spinner chapter 8 . 6/19/2013
That line of Mia's always struck me as being so weird. I think it was meant to establish the camaraderie of the Greil Mercenaries, but I don't know what it was, it fell flat. It didn't really fit Mia's personality, and the voice actress didn't help. Come to think of it, most of the voice actors for RD didn't help...

I like this much better! In fact, I may just imagine from here on out that this is what actually happens during that cutscene.
Werde Spinner chapter 7 . 6/19/2013
I love this chapter soooo much. This chapter was actually the only reason I even knew to have Ike run around in circles so the Black Knight couldn't catch him! It was rather weird that nobody cared when he died... I felt a little sorry for him, even if he is a jerk.

Sanaki decided to Meteor her snitch. Classy, that. So much better than her sister. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 6 . 6/19/2013
I would Meteor Micaiah so many times in the face. So many times. She always annoyed me... and then Yune only gave her plot-appropriate visions. Seriously, whoever came up with the idea of Micaiah... they could have handled it a lot better.

I love it whenever Soren activates Adept. Good times, good times.

I'll have you know that these chapters make me literally ROFL. Good job.
Werde Spinner chapter 5 . 6/19/2013
I love this chapter in so many ways. Oscar and Geoffrey facepalming, the game of badass poker being played by Stefan, Haar, and Volke, Kieran's comment about bear hunting...

I love this. So much.

It's probably a good thing I never played PoR. I would probably try to kill Ashnard with Soren. I killed Dheginsea with Soren. It was only fitting. And the stupid lizard STILL doesn't have a special conversation with Soren. I hold the script writers in a sort of contempt, really...
Werde Spinner chapter 3 . 6/19/2013
I must have you know that this chapter prompted me to /insist/ on sleep-staffing Ike on that level. Volug died in the process (the only character I didn't bother restarting it for, oddly enough - but the level was so hard!) but I had the satisfaction of Ike faceplanting... or, at least, I imagined that he did. It's a pity he doesn't actually do that in the game.

Why doesn't Soren move, come to think of it?

I like how Soren describes the Dawn Bridge: "Composed of pre-promoted weakings and Aran." Ha. I had a speed-blessed Aran when I played through the game. Put it one way, he was better than Nephenee. He blew everyone else away with his amazing lightning bruiser skills. I gave him the Wishblade and Dragonfoe and he and Soren just sort of owned the 3rd level of the Tower. It was all sorts of awesome.
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
PoR is so hard that way... Then in RD I had to keep Ike running around fighting the Black Knight so that other units could get some XP. Then I forgot to move him one turn, he killed the Black Knight, and I barely managed to get the Wishblade.

It was on easy mode, of course.
RWB chapter 9 . 4/10/2013
This is quite possible the funniest FE fanfic I've ever read...

but since I'm a nitpicky dude... about Laguz being bad in 10...

RD's best 11 units include(according to current tier discussions):
Haar. Ike. Titania. Sothe. The rest? Laguz of different kinds.
3 of them herons, 1 of them a royal(Nailah), and the other three are Volug and the two Hawks.

Ranulf and Mordecai are both in the upper part of the list as well. Muarim and Skrimir are both decent.

Comparatively, only Lethe is part of the top 11 for PoR(and she's number 11!). Mordecai and Muarim are right behind her, but the rest? Low at best, and the bottom tier is essentially a Laguz nest, unlike RD's, which only has Lyre down there.

Ranulf actually went from Low tier in PoR to borderline High Tier in RD.

The Non-Royal Laguz actually massively improved in RD.
309 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »