Reviews for What Is Eternal
rebeccacherub chapter 1 . 10/20
please write a chapter 2 i loved this :) great poetic angst i can easily visualize your story
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
well done, liked the twist at the end
Supernurse chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Thank you for giving us an introspective story. Clark must be so conflicted by his desire to live a normal life while still using his gifts. He is definitely becoming more human than Kryptonian. Keep up th great writing.
Deadly Chakram chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Max - I appreciate your viewpoint, and for the fact that you took the time to read my story. That's quite a scary story of yours, and I am glad that you and your friend got out of that situation.

That being said, I never meant for this fic to be an actual representation of the thoughts that you or I might have in a life or death situation. The most enduring part of the Lois Lane/Clark Kent story (especially on Lois and Clark) is their relationship and enduring love. And that's what I really wanted to focus on in this story. Clark is pretty much a hopeless romantic - and he's also a pretty harsh critic of himself. So it struck me that he probably would come around to regretting certain aspects of his life while he was caged and looking death in the eye. Especially since, until Lex helpfully (read: stupidly) places the key nearby and leaves the rejected cummerbund in the cage, Clark has absolutely no way to escape. He can't really do anything but to sit and think. And of course, his mind is so programmed on Lois, that of course his thoughts will go there - especially knowing that she's about to marry a monster.

I don't think that my take on the events in the story are necessarily because I am a woman either. I would think (I would hope) that if I were stuck in a life or death situation that even as I would struggle to stay alive, that at least some of my thoughts would turn to my husband. Not to demean the importance of going into survival mode. But when you love someone as deeply as I love my husband, or as Clark loves Lois (in the case of this fic), it would only be natural to spare some of your (possibly last) thoughts towards them.

So, anyway, that's my stance on the subject. Again, the story isn't meant to be realistic in the real world sense, but realistic and true to the character of Clark. And of course, inspired by the simply beautiful and breathtaking lyrics of the song with which the story is paired. :)
Max VII chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
It's always interesting to discover what women authors think goes through a man's head when facing death. Back in the late 80s a friend and I attempted to get home from college one Christmas break in his old car and we ended up sliding off a country road and getting stuck in a steep ditch.

We could have spent the night romanticizing about our girlfriends and doing mental penance for not being more romantic and open with them!

Silly us. We spent the night trying to keep from freezing to death in a snowstorm with the temperatures dropping to near zero overnight. Keeping the exhaust pipe clear so we could run the engine and warm up every once in a while so we wouldn't freeze in our light jackets and jeans seemed more important than sitting around angsting over our girlfriends.

That didn't happen until weeks later when it finally hit me I could have died. At the time survival was the important thing.

Oh well. We just weren't heroes, I guess.

I await you sending me the last word on the subject.
Mouserocks-nerd chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
As said on the boards... still love this piece! The emotions are so realistic and it seems pretty on par with how CK's thought process would roll out. I don't think it's too dark at all, but rather fitting for the scenario and subject matter. Well done! Going to favorites.