Reviews for Dreaming of Sunshine
GoldenMemeBird chapter 139 . 11h
Wow! I just finished reading all of this, and I have to say that I love this story so much. It's funny actually, because for months I had an idea for a story about an OC Self-insert girl reborn as Shikamaru's twin. I had put off reading this story for a really long time, and only recently did so.

Although I was at first put out by the fact that this already existed, when I kept reading I was really inspired to follow through with that story that I had been planning out. Now I've got three chapters out and I honestly owe it to you. Reading this seriously showed me what a good story like this looks like.

Obviously my story will differ from DoS in tons of different ways, but considering that I had never really done anything like it before, reading such an amazing interpretation of the idea from another author really sparked my interest.

I've got tons of ideas for my story now, and a whole bulletin board full of essay length notes, sticky notes, pictures, items to remind me of things, and lots of red string. Like I said, these ideas are drastically different from yours and I think I'm fairly safe from blatantly copying your stuff. But your story really did inspire tons of ideas in my mind, and even gave me some ideas for a few other stories that I might do in the future.

Thanks for the inspiration, and keep up the good work! I hope to see more from you!
Freefan1412 chapter 139 . 20h
Another Chuunin exam. And this time from the outside view. I don't know how you do it, but I have full faith that this is going to be yet again a brilliant arc.
On a different note, wasn't there another chuunin exam in between, one that was only mentioned peripherally? If so, this would be one-and-a-half year mark into the time skip, wouldn't it? Or there about. I can't believe that. It feels like so much longer. And so much shorter. So many things happened. I enjoy these arcs immensely in any case, and though I really, really look forward to Naruto returning, I don't want anything to be cut short just for the sake of hurrying him back. Thank you so much for writing!
Arcane Charmcaster chapter 139 . 9/21
Out of curiosity is the story sugar plum apart of your universe? Now that shes in the land of mist Is she gonna meet the mc of sugar plum? Idc if she does or doesnt im just curious if it is indeed the same universe
hlyarts chapter 139 . 9/21
I just binged 139 chapters in 2 days...I need more...lol
DaintyShades chapter 71 . 9/20
Rereading the story again. This will always be one of my favorite chapters. Silver Queen does such a phenomenal job of describing that point of view during catastrophe. What would you be thinking? How would you see the world as X happened to you? Class A writing.
Jabbermocky chapter 139 . 9/19
Really love this, such great story and character development.
I wonder if Orochimaru could summon the dead and learn what happened to the land of Hot Springs. Danzo could use him as a source of information actually... Since Danzo probably has moles on the front line that saw Shikako returning, he would know that Aoba and Shikako were at the origin point. It should be easy to get Aoba's DNA for Orochimaru to use edo tensei with.
All of Kakashi's chakra exhaustion hospitalizations are reminding me of the fact that canon Sasuke got his enormous natural chakra reserves from Orochimaru's curse seal. Is this Sasuke who has less chakra going to suffer from chakra exhaustion too, or will Shikako help him access natural energy himself?
Wouldn't Sasuke feel like he's stagnating since he couldn't beat someone who immediately became the kazekage after their fight, while Orochimaru who was an equal of Itachi's in their organization was able to kill the Hokage?
Did Shikako ever find her lightning sword after her fight with the Wandering Ninjas?
Chakra beasts can survive being sealed. I wonder if people converted into chakra like Shikako when she is in her gelel shadow form, Konan in her paper form, or Nagare in his rock form could survive being sealed.
ChimamireNoBara22 chapter 139 . 9/17
It's been a while since I've come back to this story, and I'm definitely not disappointed! Your writing still draws me in and leaves me anticipating the next chapter. Great job!
I love how Ino is dealing with what happened to her. Actually it's interesting to see how all of the cast are dealing with what life's thrown at them.
I just noticed that in this arc, there are more genin teaming up against singular sound 4 opponents. They're not outright winning though. Maybe Sasuke will see this as proof that even teamwork isn't enough for some things.
Would anyone overhearing her singing think she's singing in tongues with a nonsense song?
19,118 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »