Reviews for Awake and Alive
Wicked! Is there a sequel to this story?
San Ookamitora chapter 29 . 6/26
A fantastic story which I am very glad you finished I really come across few fanfics, M or T rated ones at that, that capture the tone and dialouge and characters and continuity so much that I just have to write an impossibly long review of them.
First of all, I recommend you read "Survival of the Fittest," it has a similar tone and originality while still being truthful to the source material.

I think the fact you used a species of snake never to be found in the Mojave desert and placed her there because it was interesting to see how she adapted. I also really like the detail you put about her appearence, the jet black polished scales, white lips and large green eyes. Beautiful! I like how you gave her no gun-slinging killing experience not including the murder of the evil king.
I like Wyatt. He was a good character and a spirit guide who was neither unneeded filler nor comic relief. He was just a spirit guide who only appeared when he needed too, like her totem. I thought Tanana was very interesting too, her back story as a mother figure of her forest was very sweet to read about.
I also loved her and Wounded Bird's relationship, (he never gets shipped with anyone so this was very refreshing.) I thought she was a kind, yet somewhat sarcastic grackle, just like a best friend should be. She's a sassy Oprah Winfre character with a beak! :D
I usually hate it in fanfics when people place song lyrics or try and imagine what actor or actress would voice their OC, yet remarkably, yours flows so well, I didn't really care! I think Emma Stone would be nice but personally, I would suggest Anna Kendrick or Anne Hathaway :) What? they can sing! xD
Now onto the real characters, (you already now what I thought of Semira, *cough Evil Bitch cough*) They were all in character, they were all funny, they each had focus, they each had their moments, it was just a thrill to read!
Rango is basically made of awesome. You have developed his character nicely as well as still keeping him the loveable green scaley goofball we all know and love. Beans was especially well written, in most fics I don't think anyone knows what to do with her, but here she shone! As did Priscilla the sweet little girl obsessed with guns death and violence and just intrigued by the macbre! I enjoyed Waffles moments too, I like how he was the first Dirtonian Adina came face to face with-even if it was in a lake! Bad Bill got even more of a thug it seemed. And yes, I know what he was doing wasn't what everyone THOUGHT he was doing, I know that wasn't your intent! Although it probably would have added character depth-nanananana! Forget it! Too sinister!
I liked the rest of the Dirtonians too, Elgin, Turley, Spoons, Angelique, Spoons, Ambrose and Willy all having their cute little in-character moments.

Now the story: AMAZING! That's all I have to say! Please message me! I want to follow you!
I liked how you explored themes of death, love, spirituality and good prevailing over evil. It really was an interesting read! Oh, and don't worry about the smut. It wasn't as embarrassing as I let on, I've read worse fanfics that will contain enough sour lemon to make you cringe! But you did a really great job and should be giving yourself a huge pat on the back right now with the realization, "I did that!"
Yes, you did. You should be proud of this fic, you're Mad to think it's awful! It isn't! Next to Nemolover's fanfic it's probably one of the best in the Rango archive I've ever read.
So...Sequel?
I'M TOTALLY MESSING WITH YOU! OF COURSE this doesn't need a sequel, I bet your heart skipped a beat there! Besides, others have already written them for you. You know, when you make a fanfiction and then your fans write a fanfiction of that fanfiction in a FANFIC-CEPTION, You should 'probably consider becoming an author! Go, pick up your pen and spread your knowledge!
I'm not even joking! Seriously you're fanfic is AMAZING don't ever take it down, because I think Gore Verbinski scrolls these sites looking for possible head writer's for a sequel! :)
Stay Well my Fellow FanFiction Writer!
San Ookamitora
PS: Epic Ending! xD
San Ookamitora chapter 28 . 6/26
Alright, I'll be the one to say it;
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead! We shot hed down! Well, Ragnar did! Ding Dong the Eagle Witch is Deeeead!

With that done, beautifully written work at the end here, just loved it, "Yer stupid!" xD
San Ookamitora chapter 27 . 6/26
Did I just witness a Pirates of the Carribean ghost-style skeleton spirit battle?
If so...
PLEASE SEND ME A SIGNED COPY OF YOUR FIC!
Again, awesome fight chapter, usually they get a bit long but this one was good!
San Ookamitora chapter 26 . 6/26
Gaaaaaah. Piss Off Semira! You feathered bitch!
Lol that line reminds me of Ron from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. "If we Die for them Harry, I'm gonna kill you!" XD
I like the "we're gonna need a helluva lot more mothballs ain't we sheriff?!"
You're gonna need a Bigger Boat!
San Ookamitora chapter 25 . 6/26
Wow! Every one of your words has me glued, every sentence is hypnotic! :D
So, did Wyatt take her to a kind of spirit world? Pretty great, but sad about that young boy though-I wonder if Oliver was human lr animal, you didn't say-but I love ambiguity!
Oh. My God. You NAILED the Scottish accent! XD I died at the rootbeer thing, that was great, and the use of Dinnae. Aye I know plenty o' folk who talk 'at way 'roun here! But switching to Irish? O.o xD Make up yer mind Angus ya long eared laddie! They're two different accents-unless he's a Celt! XD

I really loved Rango and Jake's conversation, it was very believable and sad and I couldn't stop readinb, I want this downloaded on my Kindle it's so good!
I like the idea that true traditional romance is so foreign to Jake but he loves in his own way. You are a true writer my friend, exploring the depth of character. Can I volunteer to kill Semira? I think it's LONG overdue, why she can't just accept her husband's death and leave the other creatures alone is beyond me!
San Ookamitora chapter 24 . 6/26
Oh, I hope Adina wasn't too badly injured!
I am impressed at your writing skills-only two chapters ago everyone was having a party and now Tanana is tucked up in a hospital bed and her father wounded and Jake's losing it! It just goes to show you how a great day can sometimes go so wrong, take a turn for the worst.
I like ths Wyatt safely guided her was nice of him to look over her throughout the whole journey and he's great for helping her out I'm really glad you made these OCs they're just amazing!
San Ookamitora chapter 23 . 6/26
Oh my God! This chapter was so freaking cool!
I've never harmed an animal in my life and never want to but all throughout that awesome fight scene I wanted to shoot Semira with a bow and arrow Scots style!
San Ookamitora chapter 22 . 6/26
Okay, first of all, BRILLIANT keeping in character! I could almost hear Beans struggling to put the dress on little complaining Priscilla! And Rango's line was adorable, cheesy and just-GAH! So like him! "Somebody call heaven cuz they're missin' a couple of angels!" XD
I liked the radio being snatched by the moles, and those songs that were playing, were they from the Golden Oldies by any chance? ;)
I really loved the chemistry between Jake and Adina in this chapter-I mean I know he cares about her, but Yikes! Those words! *-* Cute though how he was willing to put his dignity aside for her.
San Ookamitora chapter 21 . 6/26
Daaaawwwww I like very much!
I loved how Dirt still kept it's monthly dance even though there was no need for rain dances after the water returned-very cute, and again adds Rango's thespian influence over the town.
I loved the awkward conversation between Rango and Wounded Bird, and how he tried to give him tips, that's sweet! I loved when WB attempted to ask her to the dance and then Rango was right behind him whispering it all! I could so see that happening!
And Tanana just happened to be bathing didn't she? ;/

And OH MY GOD! "GO LICK A CACTUS!" XD That is the best sentence I have ever seen in a Rango fanfic ever! xD
San Ookamitora chapter 20 . 6/25
Tanana is very...forward. Like it's the most casual thing in the be a mate thing? I was very confused though is it because Wounded Bird was trying to bottle his instincts? In the animal kingdom it's an impulse isn't it?
WHY Am I even reading this!?
Oh yeah! Ha ha! Cause your story kicks tailfeathers!
San Ookamitora chapter 19 . 6/25
Oh I loved this chapter!
Edgar is a great thug but also a guy you wouldn't mind kicking up the feathered butt! I really really like the little conversation Adina and Tanana had with Waffles that was sweet! And again, Jake really?! Do you think you're God, Mister?!
San Ookamitora chapter 18 . 6/25
Lol Wyatt's a troll! Now you see me, now you don't!
Also Baby Girl daaaawwww
San Ookamitora chapter 17 . 6/25
Well damn. Jake and Adina are together now. That was quick! Seriously one minute he thinks she's stupid the next he's mating with her. That escalated! Nah, it was great! :) Tanana's a lovely OC she's sure been through a lot by the sounds of things. Damn you Semira! :( I really like the WB went out of his way just to make her that beautiful native American shawl. Very sweet!
I love how to cut back to Jake and Adina in the aftermath (but not during, thank goodness I read badboylovers inception fanfic of a fanfic. It was well written but I couldn't see it appearing in this story. But fans can dream so well done bbl if you're reading this!) I like the banter between them too really sells it. Apparently, Jake has too much of a mating drive O_o. *Blushes furious scarlett* Adina puts up with it I guess. I bet she doesn't mind either, *giggetty*
San Ookamitora chapter 16 . 6/23
Well Well Well .
It's going to be an M Rated story after all then is it?
Just kidding, it's cute! I like how the mating was implied but not shown. Very realistic, great films do that all the time! Tanana's intro to Dirt was good too, and I know about her and Wounded Bird getting together later on ;) God damn there are so many OCs in this story! Okay well bye and PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS DX