Reviews for Awake and Alive
San Ookamitora chapter 16 . 6/23/2015
Well Well Well .
It's going to be an M Rated story after all then is it?
Just kidding, it's cute! I like how the mating was implied but not shown. Very realistic, great films do that all the time! Tanana's intro to Dirt was good too, and I know about her and Wounded Bird getting together later on ;) God damn there are so many OCs in this story! Okay well bye and PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS DX
San Ookamitora chapter 14 . 6/23/2015
Doc is one skilled rabbit to be able to patch up her wounds, even when inebriated. Good thing Bill doesn't go around stabbing many snakes or else, he'd have hit a vital artery. Snakes are delicate little things you know!

Oohhh! Jake got a kiss even though he was being so tempermental. And being to proud to kiss back? Marvolous! *throws roses* simply beautifully kept in character! Why do think this isn't good enough? It's FREAKING AMAZING!
San Ookamitora chapter 13 . 6/23/2015
Kill him Jake! Beat his scaley hide!
*coughs* Well good chapter! I could imagine poor Adina with stab wounds and the word Whore half-carved into her. :'(
San Ookamitora chapter 12 . 6/23/2015
Awwww, he totally loves her! :)
Why else would he patch up her wounds from the bat (were his first parts of dialouge a Watership Down reference I wasn't sure?"
and let her stay with him in the mayor's office. For someone who doesn't want rumours spreading that really isn't the way to go about it.
San Ookamitora chapter 11 . 6/23/2015
Yay! Dirt has a theatre now! :D I suppose that was inevitable with Rango in charge of the town. I love acting! And the first line of this chapter was so funny! "Oh not the piano!" xD Man, Jake must have been on some rampage to take it out on a freakin' musical instrument. Also "What are you my friggin' wife?!" Yes Jake. Yes he is.
San Ookamitora chapter 10 . 6/23/2015
"Doesn't mean to say he isn't wrong." Very true indeed. There were people back in the days of cowboys and indians that thought the same way of the native american tribes. Maybe Wounded Bird knows some of that prejudice because he suffered it. :(
San Ookamitora chapter 9 . 6/23/2015
Hmm, so if Jake isn't wastin' precious daylight talkin' to her, then why did he go in and check on her? ;)
Liked Wounded Bird's hug, and Waffle's breakfsdt treat I'm hungry for flapjacks right now! Or pancakes with butter and syrup. Or both!
I think this is probably how I can see Rattlesnake Jake reacting to abother female because he wants to hide his obvious attraction to her.
San Ookamitora chapter 8 . 6/23/2015
Nice introduction to Tanana very very well written. She made her escape alright. Semira seems a fantastic villian but I hate her. You know villian style! She's an awesome character I just love loathing her
San Ookamitora chapter 7 . 6/23/2015
Very good! I loved the conversation between Rango and Jake definetly shows how both the characters have developed, especially since they respect each other now. Yeah, pay him in roadrunners, but you do realize they can eat rattlesnakes too right? :/ I loved the whole part about him being able to just swiftly detect Adina and then just decides he doesn't even care. Probably because he's just top in LURV with her!
San Ookamitora chapter 6 . 6/23/2015
WOAH! PG-13 MATERIAL HERE! This chapter made me very uncomfprtable! XD I know that wasn't your intent but the stuff he said to her, purring and being suggestive was really creepy! I kind of always thought Bill was a Bad egg, so no worries at least you got themessage across. Though I'm wondering why nobody at least kept an eye on her not even Waffles. Well, I liked how it was Wounded Bird who snapped a cane over his head and forced him to leave. Very tough and yet very caring, that's him. You're story's amazing Rock On!
San Ookamitora chapter 5 . 6/23/2015
Awesomeness! I again found this very believable and cute, especially with Waffles trying to hastily get to know Adina to try and subside his anxiety. Kind of like someone with cynaphobia being around a dog, just lets them get used to it.
I like how when Rango was talking to Beans who was skeptic and suspicious of his reservation promises to Rattlesnake Jake that he kept going "Have I tolf you today that I love you?" XD I can totally see him saying that, how are you so good at keeping them in character. This story is so good I'm actually kind of jealous of it and this is only Chapter 5.
I like the "first impression," of the town. Rough, brawly but with kindly folks and some nice surroundings underneath. Priscilla was brilliant, shows no fear walks right up to Adina a strange maybe even poisonous snake she's never seen before and just starts prodding at her with a stick. Gold! Nice response too, "I was just checkin' to see if she was gonna eat anyone!" And my new favourite, "Are you really the Reaper's Bride?" Not yet Priscilla! I like how she just tattle taleson all the townsfolk like she's Rango's little assistant or something, so sweet! I cannot get over how perfect this is really I just can't!
San Ookamitora chapter 4 . 6/23/2015
This chapter was amazing! 3 Everyone is soooo in character! Okay, what I love what you've done first is the line-up. It goes Sherriff Rango, his lady friend Beans and Wounded Bird his trusty deputy. And then Waffles as the one with the inquiries or in his case panic talk. I also love how puzzled Adina is, not every day you see a chameleon in cowboy attire indeed!
I ADORE their reactions brcausr hey are just so truthful. Rango now completrly into his "role" as sheriff and Beans pointing her firearm at the stranger in defense. . I loved hw Wounded Bird's sense of smell is so good he can actually smell if Adina was lying or not that was really cool!
And I was really sucked in to the whole conversation, really brilliant!
San Ookamitora chapter 3 . 6/23/2015
I think your Wyatt character is really interesting, kind of like Chef Gusto's spirit from Ratatouille only others can see him too. Never seen an albino rattler before-of wait I'm from Scotland Never seen ANY rattlesnaje before!
I think you give us a good insight into Adina's psyche, how she feeling and where her thoughts grew from. I don't tgink I'm like that with my OCs. Adina sounds very pretty, I'll be sure to find a picture of a northern black racer, though your fan art helps immensely. Oh and Waffles getting startled was a good introduction to the town of Mud. I really like how he was kept in character too. "Sherriff! There's a sea serpent in the lake!" xD
San Ookamitora chapter 2 . 6/23/2015
Just reading the first part of this chapter made me feel hot like being stuck in Nevada in the rain and then the boiling sun. She found shelter in a hole but most likely they would be nore burrowds I doubt there was only one particular hole she could have slithered into. But the plot had to move forward, so I don't care and neither should anyone else.

Yep. Classic Jake. You set foot in his hideout and you're going to pay the price for it. You kept him in character very VERY well, which I was impressed with. Despite him being so harsh, you actually added that sly nature to him of wanting to have a little fun with Adina before she left, just to have someone to intimidate or strike fear into so he's not bored. I loved where he was confused about Adina apologizing. Very funny! :)
San Ookamitora chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
First of all, WICKED OC! I thought she was just going to be some bland, cut out but she's actually pretty resourceful. And who cares if a Northern Black Racer isn't native to the Mojave? Rango wasn't native to the mojave but he still ended up there! What would have been awesome would be if those guys driving the truck were the high guys from FaLiLV. Unless...are they? :D
Nah, but just a random thought. Also you link in with the original film of the main character meeting Roadkill the wise old armadillo before venturing into the desert!
185 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »