Reviews for Filling the Void
Infinitechange chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
- Very awesome so far!
Death-star510 chapter 2 . 9/19/2011
Dr Death-Defying in space? HELL YES. I could just hear all those parts in his voice and it was AWESOME.

Mort's hero worship of Preed is kind of sweet. He's just so eager and sincere about how awesome he things Preed is. Of course it's also HORRIFICALLY MISPLACED hero worship but... (Seriously, Mort, you have no idea how true Forge's comment is in this situation.) And I loved the Fortimer interaction here, even once Forge manages to steer it all into a fight. I just want to hug both of them so badly.

I can't help but wonder if Forge is going to find out that Mort's sleeping in Preed's room and horribly misinterpret it. Which could be what Preed is plotting actually. I guess we'll find out next chapter.
Death-star510 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Okay, since you saw all my mindless squeeing last night, I'll try for coherent loves now.

There is basically nothing about this that I don't love. Everyone is perfectly in character and I'm loving their dynamics already. Especially between Mort and Preed, Mort's just so damn impressed with him but we all know that it's going to end terribly. And pretty much everything Preed says after getting him alone is dripping with sliminess and I LOVE it.

Forge is awesome too, I'm loving his not so subtle jealousy. I'm sure Preed is loving it too XD. Also, the fact that he's not just jealous because of how Preed's creeping up on Mort but also the fact that Preed is finding things wrong with his ship BEFORE he does. (Even though I'm preeeeetty sure that Preed is making things up just to get Mort alone. Forge wouldn't know that yet anyway.)

Love, love, LOVE the zero gravity scene. Beautifully described and it's always nice to see Mort HAPPY even if we know nothing Preed touches turns out well. (Coincidentally, It's My Turn to Fly came on as soon as I started rereading the scene.)

Other miscellaneous loves - the name Preedex Yoa, Forge apparently forgetting that they're supposed to be space pirates, and Preed calling Mort Darling and a precocious sprout, telling him not to worry his sweet little head and PREED HOW ARE YOU THIS SLIMY.

I can't wait to see where this goes next.