Reviews for Sing a Song of Scourges
ThePink1 at Reefside.Net chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
"Hey, now ... Just how many shadows DO you guys inadvertently corrupt on a daily basis?" Will asked.
"Only a couple dozen, cousin. Relax! You'll live longer," Ariel retorted
"Hush, auntie," Chance muttered. "No giving the secrets of the multiverse away. Yet. She hasn't walked the Pattern, after all. It wouldn't be fair to tease her with puzzles she can't sink her mystical teeth into, until then."
"Are you three plotting the downfall of the realm again?" His Majesty King Random sighed, coming into the room.
"Of course not! We're just catching up on our gossip!" His daughter waved a handful of scrolls at him, and he shook his head, laughing.
"Ariel, I thought elves were above that sort of thing?" he asked the oldest of the three.
"Well, thanks to Da, I'm only half, after all, aren't I?" she countered.
'Yes, well, so," he harumphed, chuckling. "What IS the latest from shadow?" he asked them.
"Well, Hengst is back from seeing Sand," Chance started, with an impish grin. "And he reports that her brother's squire and another long-lost from the other end of things are apparently feuding over her hand. Again."
"Thank Dworkin her home shadow's matrilineal," Ariel sighed.
"Quite," Random agreed.
"Merle's got a favor to ask of great-uncle Julian, Grandom," Will interjected, nabbing one of the scrolls with a black seal and waving it his way. When Chance tried to snatch it back, the redhead danced out of her reach, and stuck her tongue out. Ariel rolled her eyes, and with a deft telekinetic twist, took it from both of them and handed it to Random.
He quickly scanned it while the two much younger girls glared at their aunt and great-aunt respectively, then gave a "HA!" of delight. At their startled glances, he grinned. "Those things are basically a corporeal Ty'iga, girls. They take total control of a body, and have led to some REAL problems, before. Tell him to go, with my blessings." Noticing the third scroll, without seal or spindle, and usually reserved for in-castle missives, he raised his eyebrows. "What's the last news?"
"Oh!" Ariel blurted. "Luke's here from Kashfa. Nayda's pregnant."
"I still don't get that," Chance said. "I mean, I thought she was ... you know ..." She crossed her arms over her chest, and rolled up her eyes, hanging her tongue out of a slack-jawed mouth.
"Hey, if Edward and Bella can have a kid, who's to deny our favorite dead dignitary?" Will sassed, grinning.
"Besides, she's told me she caught the body JUST before, so she isn't really," Ariel told them.
"Well, it's about time," Will added. "I was getting sick of being the youngest."
"Now you know how I felt," Random chuckled, pulling her in for a noogie. "Ready to walk the Pattern?"
"TOO ready, Grandom," she grinned up at him, shaking her hair flat again.
"Good. I've sent Flora to get your mother for the occasion."
"You're bringing Mom HERE?" she gasped.
"Of course! We figured you could do with the moral support," Ariel replied for him. "That, and Vialle insisted, too." Will grinned again. NO one denied the Queen. Even her King. "Hmm, I wonder if Julian could use some help. I haven't been hunting in a while, and Jessyn HAS been giving Morgenstern eyes in the stables ..." she said, referring to her horse, and Julian's.
"No offense, but your filly's nuts of she wants ANYthing to do with that beast," Chance said, shaking her head. Her first - and last - riding lesson had been cut short when Morgenstern, Julian's great albino steed, had mistaken her green-jacket-clad arm for a tasty bit of hedge.
"On that note, let's go congratulate the happy couple," Random laughed, and had to amend, "Luke and Nayda," when the three young women looked at him funny.

Leaving them to it, ML. Nice one-shot; would love to see a follow-up, so catch ya on the flipside, A J (& friends).
P.S. Welcome to the ranks of the character-reviewed. Enjoy!
mist shadow chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Hahaha, well that's an interesting hole in security for infiltration. Somebody has to maintain the base, and unless the military around there doubles as maintenance crew, then there are people for that. And cleaning crew probably has no degrees or anything, and signing non disclosure agreement and all the craziness going on base? Yeah, a roller coaster for sure
Daniel is probably in heaven. Wonder if this affects what he does when he Ascends. An interesting path to pursue
And poem at the end? Nice touch. Very nice touch
Peanut Gallery chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
A thing of beautify, Very Well Done. Well blended series, True Characters, Subtle Humor, 9 1/2 out of 10, if you write another chapter I'll give you a 10.

Thanks For a Great Read,

Peanut Gallery
thebluninja chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Despite being a fan of both, I had never, ever considered doing a crossover between SG and Amber. Bravo, sir, well done! Not only is this quite excellent technically (I hate having to stop and decipher typo-ese) but you captured the various characters pretty well. Something tells me Merlin was really just shadow-walking through the neighborhood; actually replacing lightbulbs seems a little ... mundane.
Vaunt chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I greatly enjoyed this; keep up the great work!
Steel General chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I lol'd. A lot. Great story.

Very well done. I agree with your previous critic about Merlin being a little blase about things, but as it happens it was pretty funny so no harm done.
Celesta SunStar chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
No review yet? Let me say that I giggled. I don't think that Merlin is quite in character, being so flippent about telling them who he is. Plus I'm pretty sure that Dara was never Queen of Chaos. However, the references to Julian are great, and make me wonder how they might refer to Benedict.

Spelling/Grammar - good

Story Construction - good

Internal consistancy - good

Characterization - fair

Humor - good

Overall score: 8.75 out of 10

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of one-shots come out of this:

Panic ensues as Julian charges through the Gateroom, intent on hunting down and destroying Goa'uld. See Jack celebrate.

Merlin takes a day off from being King of Chaos and comes to visit, bringing (or being brought by) Ghostwheel. See Jack go cross-eyed from technobabble.

Have a good day!