Reviews for Survival of the Fittest
Mistress Rose Angeline chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
Lovely story, update soon. I wish to read more!
just passing by chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
A very good start. I like the idea of a runnaway Harry.

4th chapter is utterly pathetic!

You have a lot of possiblities to use and expand but don't rush it. Take your time.

Good luck!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
You keep saying he sees "his younger self"! Harry was barely two months older at the time of the "dementors incident".
Guest chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
You waste so much energy in this chapter on either non story related text or uninspired dream crap to cover up not concentrating on the plot. Seriously, what do you think you can achieve character and story wise by retelling the sequence as a dream. Should it make Harry's struggle more emotional or what?
Ty Rose chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
Gryffindor impulsivity is going to get Harry killed one of these days. No food? No water? What was he thinking!

*Sirius is going to be furious!* (and probably at Dumbledore rather than Harry). I wonder what Snape's reaction will be - he is, after all, sworn to protect the boy, but is less doting than the rest of the Order. Hehe. And Harry thought the Potions Master was brutal before!

Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for writing ;-)
Tonks-is-cool chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
Yes, like this one too. Vivid description and its funny to read the OOP in Privet Drive - nice change to the original OOP book/film.

Smart Harry, to use his assets - cloak and broom and to follow the motorway.

Poor Harry, freezing like that although its the middle of the summer, but if he flies very high it would be cold. He will have to find a place to sleep in a shed or something, 20 Pounds is not much money, at all, keep it for buying food and drink.

McGonagal and Diggle, so funny... do all Muggles look that way? HaHa!

Although, this sentence does not truly fit this character, because we know from the book PS and OOP that Daedalus Diggle moves amongst Muggles several times, as he was seen on the streets, he even ran into Vernon (or the other way around) on Nov. 1, 1981, and DD later met Harry at least once by chance and greeted him to the horror of Petunia. Or rather think, because DD visited Little Whinging to look at Harry now and then. DD lives in Kent, not in Surrey, so he would never accidentally meet Petunia and Harry while shopping near Privet Drive.

Hm, I do not think this last part will be possible...

"Albus, the boy cannot return to these filthy Muggles!" McGonagall hissed, trying to catch up to Albus' long strides.

"But he must..." Dumbledore grimly replied and with a sharp "CRACK" he was gone; gone back to the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

No, Mr. Dumbledore. He must not, because there is no purpose anymore, no wards.

I believe the blood wards must have collapsed or disintegrated by now and AD should be perfectly aware of that fact.

He always said Privet Drive no 4 is Harry's home as long as he considers it to be and as long as Petunia is willingly to take him in, however grudgingly or reluctantly.

Magic is intend based, highly influenced or powered by strong negative or positive emotions, we are told often in the Potterverse.

Harry ran away this time for good, he truly turned his back on the Dursleys, Privet Drive, finally and with much more determination compared to his first escape in POA two years ago.

In second chapter he listened to his relatives rant while in the kitchen, its abundantly clear they do not want him in this house anymore and Harry does not want to stay or come back.

In this third chapter, the furious Petunia reinforces that impression for us readers and for all the OOP to hear.

Both Harry and Petunia thinking and saying it, expressing this fervent desire for him to leave and to never come back with such high strung emotions, must have a magical effect in my opinion on the bloody blood wards.

I hope that Remus, Minerva and the others listened to what the Dursleys said and realize how much Petunia hates Harry, that especially Remus wakes up and starts to wonder just how horrible Harry's living conditions were in the past. The responsible adults in Harry's live have overlooked or ignored the neglect and abuse so far, to their eternal shame.

That is something in canon that bugged me often, especially when reading OOP, HBP and DH or watching the films. How can there be any protective blood wards at all, as Petunia hates and despises her sister and in consequence the child Harry from the moment she found him on her doorstep? Harry never considered that house his "home" he clearly states that at the end of first year before boarding the train and thinks it again and again throughout the following years.

Oh well, I am curious what will happen next!
Tonks-is-cool chapter 2 . 9/11/2011
Short, but well done! Yes, I can just see the scene of fifth movie changing as I read your words, looks realistic... after all, it was strange how Harry, who had shown at least some cleverness and sneakiness over the years past, let himself be pushed around in OOP.

Well, of course Dumbledore is frantic...
Tonks-is-cool chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Excellent start. Love your Disclaimer, Summary and AN and of course the style of this chapter.
Betrayed soul chapter 3 . 9/10/2011
Really enjoying this story... I hope harry can go back to school. Looking forward to more!
Ty Rose chapter 2 . 9/4/2011
Interesting start. I was always surprised that - being a rash Gryffindor - Harry meekly accepted a long-distance pat on the head and a 'stay put' and didn't run off that night in canon.

I was glad to read your note that you don't intend for this to become a 'super Harry' story.

Very intriguing story, so far (sorry that this is a fairly useless review, but I find it difficult to leave meaningful, insightful reviews so early in stories!) and I look forward to reading the next chapter!
darkplayer35 chapter 2 . 9/4/2011
Awesome start to the story. It has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing where it goes from here. Please update soon.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/4/2011
What forces you to even release unsatisfying chapters? I would prefer quality over release timing any day.
jes-d chapter 2 . 9/4/2011
An interesting beginning. Im keen to see where you take this.

Jess
kingdom219 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Good start so far! keep up the great work!
Allon Marton chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Interesting concept, I can't really give an over all opinion until I read another chapter or two to see where you go with this. But I will read the next chapter or two so your doing well so far.
1,215 | « Prev Page 1 .. 71 78 79 80 81