Reviews for Only Learning the Game
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
I love your view of Greg. I think it is spot on.
Lestrade's Lady chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
This is awesome! Very well written and moving.
The Red Fedora chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Was excited to see a new story! Excellent as always:) could feel the emotion...so sad
CrazyCousinEiko chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
You've done it again. So tragic and beautiful. I love "The Day the Music Lived" -it was the first story of yours I read. Reading this now reminds me of how much I've written and how much my life has changed since then. It feels like a year has passed with all the things that have happened. Most of them good, I should mention.

I love Lestrade, and you always characterize him so well. He's been on my mind all day, and if it weren't for the homework calling me, I'd probably go to work on writing something after I end this review. :P

Thanks for writing another beautiful. My only request is that you write something longer next time. I love your writing, so it's always disappointing that reading these 221B ficlets doesn't take long. D:

Good luck writing, and again, kudos on another masterpiece!
Sidney Sussex chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Oh, oh. Your Lestrade here is just beautiful. Every line of this falls perfectly - every one hurts and inspires helpless sympathy and is absolutely note-perfect. Even the individual word choices here make this amazing - everything Donovan does, Lestrade's "mindless minutes," the image of him at the end, your last two lines...

It's probably ridiculous to love a 221-word story as much as I love this one. It's probably ridiculous to write a review that's, what, a good half the length of the story? But I love this. So much. This is just gorgeous.