Reviews for The Calico Criminal
HowAboutThat chapter 13 . 7/7/2014
This is a good story. It seems that Jerrie can't get a break, he's always getting out of a hole to get into another... I wonder when Teazer's gonna do something instead of Jerrie and what it's gonna be... hmmmm... the possibilities.
AliceLeColor chapter 32 . 7/3/2013
o.m.g. that was awesome! I spent like... 3 or 4 days and nights reading this only stopping to go to sleep or make something to eat or something like that. it was amazing. I loved it! I cried at some parts and laughed and jumped for joy. at the part of the jellicle ball I even put on cats and listened to it while reading. it was so amazing. I l\feel like I just watched the most amazing movie that lasted a lifetime. you should make more for the other charactars like this. loved it. thank you for writing it! I really enjoyed it.
ScarstarOfMountainClan chapter 32 . 3/10/2013
THIS WAS AMAZING 3 Jerrie and Teazer are my ''Cats'' OTP 3
Kitten Saionji chapter 32 . 11/18/2012
what a beautiful story! To say i was very keen on the thought of munk and dem till i read this w You are a very good writer. Well now i've finally finished reading this i can get back to working on my assignment. Not many stories can make me forget that i have things to do. Well done Cant wait to read what else you've written.
MoonlightMasquerading chapter 32 . 10/21/2012
I read this ages ago, but never really got around to leave a review..
anyway- this is definitely the best Jerrie/Teazer story I've read! At firt I wasn't going to read it because I didn't really like the pairing of Teazer and Jerrie- I kinda only saw them as siblings.
But this story is the best! I love how you write the two, and the accents are great!
Plus, your OC's are amaaaaaaaazing. I think I fell in love with SD. xD
Great, great, greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat story!
TuggersTuxedoTom chapter 12 . 10/7/2012
This chapter was so adorable! :D
Cocobutterrox chapter 32 . 8/28/2012
NOW for one...humongous...review...Get ready.

Okay, so this storyFANTABULOUS. Not sure if that made sense, but it's a good thing ;) I read this back in...December, I believe? Yep, over Winter Break. It was the first Mungojerrie/Rumpleteazer story I read, the third CATS fanfic I read...weird how I remember this...but yep. At first I was skeptical as to how it would go, because I always thought Teazer and Jerrie would be siblings. But after this story I can so see them as mates :)

I can't count how many times I reread this story. It's just...WOW xD haha. You just did Teazer/Jerrie JUSTICE! I remember being so excited every time I saw it was updated! :D You created suspense and drama and lots of twists in every chapter, I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen! Totally packed with all the good qualities of a book!

I have to say that I LOVE your characterizations of Teazer and Jerrie, and your OCs are brilliant as well! I'm always nervous about reading OCs (and writing them), but yours were so...uh, how do I say it...three-dimensional? xD I found myself having a love/hate relationship with Sven Dominic xD Plus I love his name.

The only critique I could find was for the Jellicle Ball chapter. In my opinion, I think maybe it could have been a little more from Teazer and Jerrie's point of view. I don't mean like saying "I" and stuff, but it seemed a bit like the focus wasn't on Jerrie and Teazer enough. If it was your intention to do that, then you can ignore me right now xD haha. But at some points I really wanted to know what Teazer and Jerrie were thinking, like when Macavity crashed the party numerous times. Does that make sense? Sorry I'm saying this late; I'm not sure if this is helpful or not xD haha.

Anyway, thank you for writing such an epic story! Since it was one of the first fics I read, it also gave me an impression of what the CATS fandom is like :) :) Keep up the great work!
Leopardfur chapter 21 . 8/24/2012
I'm pretty sure it's 'Teazer's pearls he's after.
Tantomile Forever chapter 11 . 8/7/2012
I love this story, well any story to do with Teazer. I like Jerrie has his ups and downs but takes it out on Teazer
Leopardfur chapter 9 . 7/14/2012
If you're interested, I have a roleplay character who is Growltiger's son. He goes by his father's name by night, donning the old eye patch, and he's built up his own crew. You could use him in a fanfic if you like. Just remember to give the credit to Leopardfur.
Leopardfur chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I liked the way the accents were transcribed. I'm assuming the black and gold queen was Demeter. All in all, a good starter. Can't wait to read the rest.
The Passionate Admiral chapter 28 . 5/30/2012
Another marvelous chapter! It almost grieves me that there's only four more left to go.

I like the way the chapter started; it was like a scene out of a romantic comedy. The ol' "two-lovers-awake-in-a-compromising-position" gag; love that one!

I certainly hope that Rumple won't be as suspicious and jittery as Demeter used to be whenver Mungo tries to get intimate with her. The two of them should be able to fully enjoy their bond with each other!

Bombalurina has been my favorite of the queens for a long time. I think she can really be helpful and give sound advise at times, despite being quite flirtatious and eccentric at times. I admire your portrayal of her as a motivator!

I must admit; I'm impressed with all the detail you put into the birthing process. It put a really vivid picture into my mind, and I should commend you for that.

I also could not help but scoff at Mungojerrie's ignorance about the concept of giving birth. Hopefully this won't make him have second thoughts about having children with Rumpleteazer.

However, I am a little stunned as to how Demeter could have given birth so prematurely. Perhaps the mystical-half on Macavity's side accelerated the growth of the fetus? That's just one theory I have. Whatever the reason, I hope to learn it soon!

Excellent work, as always!
The Passionate Admiral chapter 27 . 5/15/2012
Hey, I enjoy serious things; to me, that's the stuff that really generates an atmosphere of tension and excitement in a story!

I hope it won't be long before Mungojerrie makes a full recovery. He may be engaged to Rumpleteazer now, but neither of them will really get to experience their "fun" if one of them is suffering from extreme injuries.

I always admire Jennyanydots and Skimbleshanks as the ideal parent figures; I hope that Mungo and Rumple would be able to take after them should they ever have kittens of their own.

I can't really blame Mungo for wanting one last cigarette before quiting for good; bad habits aren't easy to break. But I'm just glad he quit with Rumple as his witness.

So now they're officially engaged. I'm really looking forward to the events of the next few chapters (Now that summer has started, I should be able to read them very soon).

I hope Munkustrap will have the same luck with Demeter soon; the two of them belong together.

Great chapter! Oh, and I was plesantly surprised to find out that Mungojerrie is still a virgin; that just makes the relationship between him and Rumpleteazer even more special, in my mind.

Excellent work, as usual!
The Passionate Admiral chapter 26 . 2/19/2012
Hey! Sorry it's taken my so long to review another chapter of your story; this first month back at college has just made me extraordinarily busy.

My class once read "To Kill A Mockingbird" back in the eighth grade. We also saw the movie shortly afterwards. To this day, I'd say that Gregory Peck's Oscar-winning performance in that movie is among the top 20 greatest male performances I've ever seen in my life!

Oh, damnit, Macavity; he can never leave the Jellicle Tribe alone. This is quite an ingenious plan though; mind-control is a clever strategy.

I was worried that something exceptionally grim was going to happen, but than goodness Coricopat and Tantomile showed up when they did, otherwise this would have gotten a lot worse.

I'm glad Mungo and Rumple are able to have some more bonding time together. I also like how you wrote out Mungojerrie's feelings of guilt for indirectly injuring Rumpleteazer. I just KNEW he was going to feel responsible for that, even though it was not his fault. He's just honorable like that.

I enjoyed the paragraphs that involved the pair reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" and trying to understand everything that was going on. I especially enjoyed the part about phonetics. That satire joke was pretty clever!

Overall, this chapter was extremely enjoyable to read! I'm not certain I'll be able to review the next one before Friday night (I have three exams this week), but I promise you you won't have to wait so long for another review again!
The Passionate Admiral chapter 25 . 1/26/2012
I liked this chapter's direction. One thing I enjoyed was how you started out with Rumpleteazer having a reflection on Mungojerrie's life as a henchcat and how he had improved ever since meeting her.

She should feel proud of herself; being able to redeem a corrupted mind is no easy task!

I can imagine that Mungojerrie's injuries are not going to heal too easily, but I'm guessing that that's not going to slow him down a lot. Even after being beaten half to death, Rumple can barely overpower him when she is fully alive? Wow, that tom is firm!

Rumple should have more faith in herself; she'll do great at the Ball, I just know it! LOL

The breakfast thing with Demeter and Bombalurina was nicely played out. I just hope Demeter will start listening to her sister's advice and actually give Munkustrap a chance!

Speaking of which, I also enjoyed reading the part about Munkustrap and Demeter's interaction. I must say, she seems to be making progress every time! That's a damn good sign of hope for a working relationship between the two of them.

The cliffhanger at the end took me by surprise. However, I think I know WHY Mungo is acting that way. Let's just hope Rumple can calm him down before he harms somebody!