Reviews for Hot Summer Nights
Sweet Persephone chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
I thought it was fine. But seeing as this is the first KOR fic I've read I don't think that will help much _;; It's two in the morning and I just got done watching Kimagure Orange Road, Summer's Beginning. Yup. So anyway, I think it's really cool.
Death's Lover chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Aw. *holds up a sign to an imaginary audience that says "Say aw... OR ELSE"* That was so sweet!
Trainbang chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
Absolutely liked your stor! I've seen 'I want to return to that day' and see that your story blends in well with it. Write more!
Mordae Durgul chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
A good start here. It feels like the first half a an episode. I kind of missed the usual crazyness that tends to happen, and the idea of them having a beach all to themselves is a little too far fetched...

You do need to work on tenses. You start with present tense and switch to past tense. Stick with a single tense until you get familiar with it.

Overall, a nice little, romance break and a decent KOR story.

"Her expressions change like a cat's eyes."
Captain-Gloval chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
Not to bad of a start. I hope to see more. Just to make note, there is a 2nd movie, Shin Kimagure Orange Road: Summer's Begining, where Kyosuke and Modaka first make love. It is sometime during their 3rd ot 4th year in collage. If this is placed after the movie they would be freshmen. Just letting you know for timeline's sake. So you don't get flamed for messing the timeline up.

Keep up the good work. Gambatte!
Daniel Rodrigues chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
Good use of puntuation and grammar. Now, if only this story had a plot...

Madoka's personality is very mercurial. She can gives Kyousuke the cold shoulder for the weirdest of reasons, and anything he says can piss her off at a moment's notice. She also isn't big on the "physical affection" department, tending more towards small displays of affection, such as a wink or a smile, rather than a hug.

Kyousuke's personality is indecisive. He avoids commitment at all costs, probably because of his sisters' strong personalities. He has a rather hard time refusing even unreasonable requests from Komatsu and Hatta, and the evidence is that he's been that way long before he moved into town, and is likely to remain that way. Even Akane, who hadn't seen Kyousuke since before she hit puberty, knew he was wishy-washy.

All in all, you show a lot of promise. There isn't enough KOR fiction to go around, good or bad, so any efforts are always welcome. Keep writing!