Reviews for dull lights cast no shadows
Morghen chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
OMM, I forgot that I asked for this! I was looking at the extra pairings for the competition and saw Petunia/Teddy and thought "Did mew /REALLY/ write that?" so I had to check it out! Only to find out that I had asked for it! XD

BUT HOLY MERLIN, MEW, YOU DEFINITELY PULLED THIS PAIRING OFF! I mean, wow, even if it was onesided, it still felt as though it might not have been as onesided as it seemed. Teddy really did seem to like to visit Petunia and stuff so maybeh he had a little crush as well! I loved how cheery you made Teddy! It made it really believable that he could actually stomach the Dursleys that way.

I liked how Teddy made Petunia warm up to magic a little bit more. She seemed to be a bit unsure about how she felt about it towards the 6th book, I think, so I could really picture her not minding it quite as much by this time. I definitely couldn't picture Vernon ever liking it so I was happeh to see that you portrayed him as still disliking Harry and anything magical.

My favorite part was probably how you repeated the first part towards the end again. It just worked very well!

So yeah, you definitely should write a fic in Teddy's pov! I would love to read it! And thankies for writing me this even though I forgot I asked for it, haha. :)

-Morghen
SkyeElf chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Indeed and odd, odd pairing. But nicely written. Teddy's so sweet, but I thought Tuney might feel some resentment towards the Potter he'd chosen, seeing as it had been a Potter thay had driven a wedge between her and Lily.
controlled climb chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Honestly mew… This pairing… I’m completely speechless. I don’t know whether to cast an odd look in Mor’s direction for thinking of it or in yours…for actually pulling it off.

I loved how inquisitive Teddy was as a young child and how easily Petunia was caught off guard. I suppose that she always thought that with Harry gone,, she had finally cut all ties with the Wizarding World…or not. I almost feel sorry for her in that aspect.

I really liked how remorseful you made Petunia in this. It was as if she truly believed that by taking Teddy in as a nephew and treating him properly, she could pay her dues to both her sister and Harry. Following that train of thought, I adored how Harry actually warned Teddy of Vernon and Petunia’s earlier antics! I knew that boy would never truly forgive them for ruining his childhood…

As for critique, I don’t really have any. I would question whether you needed so many ellipses, but nonetheless, that’s being ridiculously picky. So no, no real advice or complaints here.

The last line really was heart-breaking! Aah, mew. Why must you break my heart so? Although this particularly pairing is perhaps a little on the strange side for me, I really was shipping them throughout this piece. How could Teddy be so charming…yet so blind?

It’s times like this when I feel that Tuney just needs to give him a smack over the head, yes?

Overall, this really was an interesting pairing, for the lack of a better word, and you’ve managed to pull it off beautifully. Well done, luv. (:
lowi chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Yup, definitely strange! But I still liked it; I think you managed to make it really believable and realistic, so great work with that!

And your writing style in this was epic - I love how you repeated the first paragraph, that was a very stylistic touch!

Lovely, mew, and teddy is so adorable!
TheHogwartsActress chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
One of the strangest MMWP bit still I liked it. I definatley feel a sequel coming on, showing it from teddys point of view would make a brilliant read!

I can imagine a optimistic Teddy seeing the good in even Petunia or as he affectionately calls Tuney!

Another Awesome story Mew!

Rose ;D
jojor99 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Who wouldn't prefer Teddy to Vernon? It would be interesting seeing Teddy's side of the story. I'm glad he chose a Potter girl!
FlyingPigMonkey chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
fell so bad for Petunia! please do a sequel! I'd love to see what Teddy was thinking