Reviews for Shades of Conversation
darrelodin chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Well, now that I read this and the other one shot, I am thoroughly depressed. This Sabrina and Mewtwo thing is great, but also probably never getting finished, huh? I wish you the best.
Kinda chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This was irrevocably hilarious! Your skills for dialog and voice (especially) have improved greatly since "Shades of Violet." Not exactly the sequel I was searching for, but hey-if the sequel's only half as good as this one-shot, I'd die happily after reading it.

I know I've reviewed before about liking the friendship angle between Mewtwo and Sabrina. But after reading the fifth conversation (and "Bittersweet"), I believe your development romance between the two could be just as satisfying. Can't help but wonder what direction you'll take them.

After reading your "Sword and Shield" stories, I have no doubt that a continuation of the Shade's verse would be epic, given a smidge of your attention. :3

Is there any chance that you haven't given up on "Shades of Darkness?"

*crossing fingers and chanting*
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Great story!

The first four conversations were pretty amusing to read. I particularly liked the end of the first and also the third.

The fifth was a real shock, but still portrayed incredibly well.
Love Psycho chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Glad you went back to the "Shades of Violet" verse. This was a well written piece (but isn't all your work anyways?) and the emotional rollercoster ride was actually enjoyable. Sure, the ending hurt me, but I can see this as a transfer to the next story, holding a few interesting scenes and mentioning a few others that set up how things are before things go to hell (and since Mewtwo is involved, I'd say it will go there in a /racecar/...)

-hands over platter- Magic cookies for you! They will be exactly what you want and need!

Looking forwards to "Shades of Darkness". -smile-
Tsaukpaetra chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Cool. Fun stuff. ;)
Mai-danishgirl chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Yay, more to this universe.

I must say I just love how you write Mewtwo, he is the perfect blend of aloof and guarded, yet inexperienced.

And Sabrina is just wonderful.
WiseAbsol chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Well, my first reaction is: "Oh my god...OH MY GOD! DID SHE JUST KILL JAMIE? DID SHE JUST KILL OFF SABRINA'S HUSBAND? WHAT. WHAT?

My second reaction? "Should I be happy or depressed as hell that Sabrina is now single?" Because she loved Jamie very much, might just waste away after his death (she mentioned she would to Giovanni), and it's so freaking sad that the man she loved is dead. On the other hand, Mewtwo might have a shot now, so...agh, either way, the friendship between them would have to continue developing slowly. And I can't wait to read that, because what glimpses we had into it here were just so sweet. (I also want to see how she gets past her husband's death, which has clearly devastated her.)

In any case, the first conversation had a sensual quality to it, with the rain, her kimono, the transportation, and the trust between them. Melchior - the name reminds me of the beast-killer from "Harry Potter", perhaps the name has ties to that kind of role - but there is a touch of humor to their interactions with him, despite the seriousness of the situation (I mean, dark types, that's not very nice). The grey coloring of his clothes was an interesting note, and certainly one I will keep in mind.

The second conversation was sweet - not the bit about Melchior, because that's just creepy, though the medical psychics was an interesting note - and it was nice to see 'Rina taking care of Mewtwo like that. The bits about Mew and New Island were nice touches (same with the bowling balls) - I approve! I'm not exactly sure what the tabloids published in the third conversation, by the way, but it sounds awesome. As did the petting thing and the threesome offer earlier - almost forgot about that.

The fourth conversation was dead funny - I'd love to see more of drunk Sabrina. Mewtwo being compared to Darth Vader was awesome, though in the anime, Sabrina actually has a Darth Vader moment - I went back and re-watched the episodes recently, and it was quite enjoyable. And then we get the next conversation, which is a bitter, bitter contrast to the previous one.

Ah, the fifth conversation...there are so many little details to it, like the ivy on the house, the people in the house, and how Sabrina looked when she stumbled out of the house, crying. At first I thought that little Jamie was dead, but then I went back and picked up on those details, and had a complete "Oh shit!" moment. And then Mewtwo says he's sorry and hold hers, and it's just /heartbreaking/. Was it really a hit-and-run? I suppose we'll find out in the sequel, which I'm now eagerly anticipating, because I really want to see what happens next!

This was a great read, and I'm looking forward to more. I hope you're doing well, Kaya!

Sincerely,