Reviews for Colonization: First Contact
Earthpatriot117 chapter 5 . 3/17
Very awesome story!
WarriorAngelN7 chapter 6 . 1/30
Its sad to know that this story will die before it really took off. I liked the characters and actually felt for them. also Will this story be up for adoption?
Jane Doe chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
mother of god, this is amazing! I useually dont hope for good endings, but I really want one now!
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
Well fu*k... This sucks. :(
IceEagle9 chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
Well, I just discovered this fic a few days ago, and this is some disappointing news. Hopefully, you find someone else to continue the story. I would do it, but my writing skill is not up to par yet. Anyways, I wish you best of luck; I hope this story gets continued eventually.

If it does get picked up by another author, could you tell us? If it's not too much trouble, of course.
dogman15 chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
That's unfortunate. I hope you find a new author to continue this! Let us know if you do, so we can read it.
paxtofettel chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
...Well this is depressing.
HaloToxin chapter 5 . 4/28/2012
Oh. My. Gosh. I am in love with this fanfic. Update, please! This story and idea are far too epic to be left untouched!
John Creel chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
MOARR!
avatoa chapter 5 . 12/18/2011
This is getting pretty interesting. I look forward to reading more of it so please update this story ASAP!
Jayswing103 chapter 5 . 12/15/2011
Sad but epic. Update soon.
Aspergian Mind chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
As a recently affiliated 'Brony' I searched through a lot of fanfics, especially ones with the encounter with humans. Because there are times I find such high-ideal, wonderful worlds to be so beautiful, maybe too much for me or many humans, that I like to put that world and it's characters to the test. Like attempt to burn it down but to withhold with a merciful hand only to see how precious it is and how the characters can tough it out.

Particularly what I like about MLP:FiM is that they aim lower on the simpler things in life but approach it with a higher intelligence than you expect. It hardly ever scratches into dark territory at all, but at the same time the characters are not at all close to being blind and naive. These Ponies could likely face the armies of darkness, like Voldemort, Sauron, or Vader and despite the scars, I see there's a hidden strength that perseveres in them.

You created a "guy-world vs. girl-world" feel. The world of a lady's fantasy is about to clash with a guy's sci-fi story. Been more complete or full-circle if you incorporated a dark-sided fantasy, dominated by dragons. Have the humans would be fleeing their homeplanet after it was taken over by dragons and it would create a perfect polar side to the spectrum.

I don't want to make this a front heavy review, I like to have it balanced as I progress with each chapter. But what I can say about humans so far in this chapter is that don't make them an absolute negative onto this world. For being the rational species that we are, seeing such a dash of color like that would be too good for us that we don't how to take it but we learn to restrain our darker selves.

More now about the characters and the current happenings in this chapter:

Your interpretation of Princess Luna, prior to reappearance in "Luna Eclipsed," is pretty accurate. She's has a dark side that she still somewhat connects to still, struggles in her relations with the citizens(indirectly in this case), and though not explored in the show, you created a relationship between her and Celestia that would sound exactly like canon. Can't say much else since she is what we get first chapter, but later it could get difficult on explaining the canon when I don't know it all for being just watching the show this past week.

But what I can say is how good of a first impression you gave of the humans. You give them a sense of hope of finding this planet exceed their expectations rather than greed you'd expect. I don't know if you intended this, but when they had errors in their scans for sentient life, the operator pondering the idea of eliminating the complication and then shunning it seemed to be a direct communication to the audience that these are more actual human beings that are inhabiting this story. A superior introduction to humans than to infinite number of fanfics or a lot of 'realistic' writing.

I see you've taken a pause throughout October and November. I hope you resume soon. I could go into insane detail again, but after I read the rest you got so far.

...but please do continue.
Jadedmagus chapter 5 . 12/2/2011
Very interested to see where you take this.
Parker314 chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
Read all chapters in one go and I have to say, I really like it so far.

I feel like a lot of characters have been introduced in a short time though and that their personality and backstory hasn't been fleshed out too well yet.

Aside from that, I can't really comment too much when it comes to spelling and grammar as my English isn't adequate enough for me to really notice any.

Anyhow, you've gotten yourself another follower, so keep it up! You're doing great so far in my book.
dogman15 chapter 5 . 11/6/2011
Is the "Firefly" nickname a shout out to the G1 pony that Rainbow Dash was partly based on?

And what did Trixie do? Stand by and watch?

You've earned another subscriber!
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »