Reviews for Colonization: First Contact
dogman15 chapter 2 . 11/6/2011
I'm liking what I'm reading so far; you've got me hooked.
ussopking chapter 5 . 11/3/2011
Awsome story!

update soon _
Ehre chapter 5 . 11/1/2011
This is fucking awesome.

Good work d('.'d)
spyrolink chapter 5 . 11/1/2011
This is an awesome story, keep going
jake11124 chapter 5 . 10/31/2011
I will be watching this
Lord Arcturus chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
I was leery about this story when I saw it's summary on EQD but I'm glad I read it now. Definitely an interesting read and a lot better than what I originally expected. Though I really hope it doesn't turn into one of those "All Humans are bastards" fics that some seem incessant to bandy about with. I hopeing for very little conflict (IE, combat) actually. I can easily see this story getting with just world building and the exploration of two interacting cultures and the rise a new small civilization on Equestria.

And now for something far less eloquent. MOAR! NAOW!
shaithis1 chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
DAMN good story, looking forward to a lot more of it!
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 5 . 10/29/2011
More! I demad more of this amazing story!
Crosshair chapter 5 . 10/28/2011
hey. Finally noticed you got on Equestria Daily! COngradulations! I was reading this story for a while before it, but I gotta admit, it seems interesting.

It is with some trepidation I noted the 'Dark' tag on the story... I hope the arrival of humanity to Equestria, While undoubtably will shake the planet and it's society to it's foundations, I really don't want to see the whole thing destroy the Ponies civilization. Even if it comes down to a misunderstanding instead of the typical 'HUMAN'S ARE EVIL AND CONQUER EQUSTRIA GRIMDARK,' and by misunderstanding it might mean the ponies make too many harsh assumptions about the humans.

I don't think either, Ponies or Humans, would realistically or characteristacally act toward any sort of... conflict, for lack of a better term. War seems like it would cost humanity too much in thier state, and I'm not sure if taking a defensive/hostile stance when dealing with the Ponies (When it happens) seems like something that would happen in a first contact situation.

Like wise, I don't think the ponies would be incredibly fearful or hostile of alien invaders. Okay, fearful, probably, thinking of Zecoura. But Hostile? They seem to try and find other solutions than fighting to fix things.

Sorry about the speil, it's ust this whole situation puts me on edge!

Excellent storytelling on that part! The suspense and dread keeps bringing me back to this story, even if I'm afraid of what will happen next!
psychicscubadiver chapter 5 . 10/28/2011
This is fan-frigging-tastic. I typically read comedy fanfics because dramatic ones are so easy to fuck up, but this is just excellently written. You sir, have done well and I look forward to each and every new installment.
Evowizard25 chapter 5 . 10/28/2011
Oooh, Trixie got him. I wonder what's going to happen next. (Man, I've been reading way too many...Wait! This story is M...Eh, I always love interspecies romances. XD Which is true. They are always my favorite and are very interesting.) I hope you update soon.

Sincerely,

Evo
Vizz chapter 5 . 10/28/2011
Ok i made an Account here just to Comment on this Awesome story.

I was skeptical coming into this at first whether or not it would be a good story but after the first chapter i was dying for more, I am totally hooked on this story and hope that you continue writing it.

Keep up the great work. Thanks :)
Ironlenny chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
I have only read the first chapter so far, but I give it a cauceus thumbs up. I've been thinking about a first contact story between humans and ponies for awhile and this is how I envisioned the start.

Just a couple of nitpicks. First, the UNS Promise could not have traveled to multiple galaxies in 89 years asume that she is using a fusion drive. The reaction mass required would be impossible huge, and the kinds of acceleration you'd need (assume you want to explore each galaxy) would squash your sleeping crew. I would suggest just changing galaxies to stars.

Second, "Had it been a gas giant like Venus with some bodies of fresh water it would have been a success." Venus is not a gas giant. It's a rocky planet just like Earth. It's also the worst possible example of a habitable planet. On the surface atmospheric pressure is 92 times that of Earth. It's surface temperature is 872 degrees Fahrenheit (467 degrees Celsius). The clouds are made of sulfuric acid. According to Wikipedia "The surface of Venus is often said to resemble Hell." The Moon is more habitable than Venus. I would change the sentence to "Had it been a plant with Earth gravity and liquid water it would have been a success."

Aside from that, it's a good start. I can offer up my scientific knowledge if that would help.
Victor Viper chapter 5 . 10/28/2011
It seemed alright, but I have a few nits to pick about a few terms used, mainly the military ones. Not sure if the author wasn't aware of some of the specifics (either didn't do the research, or didn't know there was something to be aware of to begin with).

Mainly, the term "Air Force" in the context it was used should have been capitalized, as it is a proper noun (the name of an organization).

Unless military protocols have changed in whatever timeframe you're using for your story, the pilot relieving Lt. Angelus should have been another officer (lieutenant or higher), not enlisted personnel (master sergeant), especially if she's Air Force as she's introduced as.

Lt. Angelus' interaction with Guy seemed a bit out of character (and out of protocol) for someone of her rank and job. Having just met him, I find it a bit unbelievable that she'd simply drop protocol around someone she had just met, was far below her in terms of rank, and could possibly not see again for a long time once his escort duty was done. I dunno, that one just kinda bugged me.

Speaking of Guy, flipping back and forth between his last name (Vara) and his first (Guy) without having given a full proper introduction ("This is Private Guy Vara, lieutenant, and he'll be your escort...") was confusing at first. I wondered who you were talking about until I reread the section to connect "Guy" to "Vara" and realized that was his first name.

Other than picking those nits, it seemed otherwise rather solid and entertaining. In case you're wondering, yes, I've been in the Air Force, and having been a weapons loader for fighter jets, I've spent way the hell more time than I'd like around Air Force pilots. Not exactly the friendliest of people to hang with (not that they'd hang with anyone that wasn't another pilot to begin with).
the good dr chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
Saw this on equestria daily. Pretty interesting.

signed the good dr.