Reviews for Colonization: First Contact
the good dr chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
Saw this on equestria daily. Pretty interesting.

signed the good dr.
Ivan the Great chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
This will prove interesting. Keep up the good work
NamelessHeretic chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
Interesting... I gotta wonder why they didn't try landing in a clearer area, though. I get that you wanted them near Ponyville, but the Everfree Forest doesn't make much sense as a landing zone. I'm sure there was some nearby planes you could have used. Oh well.
boredhooman chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
Please no stupid military romance stuff. Or at least make it subtle so I can ignore the blemish of this otherwise BADASS story.
Dnar Semaj chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Ha-ha, holy s**t. You read Harry Turtledove too? I didn't think 99% of the people on this site were even aware of his books. I like the beginning so far. Characterization is pretty good so far with some interesting views. Thank God you didn't go the "ALL HUMANS BE MONSTERS!11!" route and turn an otherwise promising fic into another cliche-fest. I like the technology but unless I miss my mark you are going to be focused more on the interaction with the ponies than you will be on the technical details. Promising start. 3.5/5 with really good potential.
NecromancerX69 chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
Interesting lets see what happens next
Zege chapter 5 . 10/9/2011
This is really well done. Your writing is excellent, and the characterization is almost spot-on (with the only exception being Spike not knowing what Astronomy is, it's shown in an episode he is aware of it). I can't wait to see more of this, I hope to see an update soon.
Motherhubbard chapter 4 . 10/8/2011
Sorry about the other post I made an accident anyway I'm not really a fan of mlp fim I have only seen a few (hilarious) youtube poops of it. So if this for some reason heads to full scale war I'm obviously gona go with my own race. Nothing can stand before us all shall be crusted under own technological advanced fist HUMANITY FTW! lol
Motherhubbard chapter 5 . 10/8/2011
I'm really enjoying this, except for the death of poor eric ): yeah he could still be alive but I find it quite hard to bleieve, I not really a fan of m
Sechserpackung chapter 5 . 9/29/2011
Here goes:

First of all I would like to point out to the current reviewers that the aussie might very well be alive. Trixie did have her stun spell ready *wink*.

Otherwise:

I think Twilight was slightly OOC there in the beginning when talking to Spike, otherwise I dont have anything to mention in that department.

What I have slight trouble with is the described military equipment as you would expect certain advances in that area to have happened before humanity would be able to build such a spaceship. Though they seem be be firmly in the twentieth century with their current equipment (A short look will give you the information that robotics are strongly on the move and that laser and railgun weaponry is already in the test stages instead of the drawing boards). Of course it might be worth a shot to go with "lowest bidder for equipment" or something like that.

A further point (albeit very minor) seems to be spelling mistakes, word misplacements and I think wrong tense use once, (Tip: ponies use somepony instead of somebody) though it would be helpfull to have somebody there to proofread or be willing to go threw the chapters themselves.

All in all this story looks very promising to me, please keep it up ;)
Chmilewsky chapter 5 . 9/27/2011
Loving it so far. One thing I noticed though is that when a character is speaking to another character and mentions their rank, the rank is not capitalized. Titles are meant to be capitalized. However I am not really a writer so I may be completely wrong about this.
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 5 . 9/27/2011
let's see where this goes shell we
Major Simi chapter 5 . 9/27/2011
uh oh one man down, not nice but at least they got their revenge. nice chapter let's see what now happens let me guess a first contact whit bot sides wary of each other. well keep going
nobodyreallyimportant chapter 5 . 9/26/2011
nooo. not the aussie. oh well.
PyroSolracIII chapter 4 . 9/15/2011
Another interesting chapter, but a bit unfair of Zecora to call them evil with out even knowing anything. But the same thing did happen to her.

I know you said that you won't just jump to war, but you keep implying that it's going to happen anyway. I just hope they find there common enemy before it comes to fighting.

I say common enemy because it seems like something, possibly Nightmare Moon, is trying to manipulate both parties.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the story and any future endeavors.
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »