Reviews for Colonization: First Contact
Major Simi chapter 4 . 9/9/2011
ah well an interestin and omnious warning from a zebra. well keep going as this was one really good one.
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 4 . 9/9/2011
I look forward to reading what happens next in your story
Major Simi chapter 3 . 9/9/2011
well this is a reall nice and great sounding story. humans come to equistrea and try to colonise it. well done, keep going
TheArchive chapter 3 . 9/7/2011
I'm glad to hear that war will be considered the last choice. The most interesting things about stories like this in my opinion is the way things like culture shock is handled.

Also, it seems you're not taking the easy way out and having them speak the same language (makes sense). Would I be right in assuming magic will fix that?
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 3 . 9/7/2011
I look forward to reading what happens next in your story
TheArchive chapter 2 . 9/5/2011
This story could either be exactly what I've been looking for, or something I'll want to avoid.

So far, it's what I've been looking for. The writing is great, as I can't see any mistakes which hurt the reading. The plot is also something I'm interested in, which is the idea of first contact, and how everyone reacts to the situation.

However, the whole deliberate attack idea and the way Luna is acting is making me nervous. Please (as other reviewers have said) don't turn this into what almost all other stories of first contact end up becoming, which is pure war. It seems all those stories involve either evil aliens wanting to destroy humanity, or humanity being evil greedy monsters wanting to take over everything.

It's rare that I see a story dealing with first contact which actually deals with how both sides react and deal with the situation without the author using war as a cop-out and having the entire thing devolve into fighting.
lord faggot of gay chapter 2 . 9/4/2011
Great chapter, keep it up.
PyroSolracIII chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
It's an interesting start, but I have to agree with the last guy. Please don't turn into a Avatar clone. That entire movie was a complete work of shmuckery. Aslso please don't turn any humans into ponies.
jedijackson chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Looks promising so far, both in quality and premise. I hope you'll avoid the pitfall of turning the human colonists into 2-dimensional evil greed machines. Looking forward to more.
nodikus chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
This looks very promising, hope it doesn't go the stereotypical avatar humans are bastards compared to the superior native utopia route. How are you goimg to integrate the whole raising thesun an moon thing?

Looking forward to more
lord faggot of gay chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Good chapter, this is really well written
A Ugly faic chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Hanzo said muffins ...yay...
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011