Reviews for Sever the Red Cord
BoredPiglet chapter 1 . 11/9/2017
I honestly prefer this ending than what ultimately happened with the series. I always felt that Inuyasha's feelings for Kagome cannot be separated from his feelings for Kikyo. Not only because she was the reincarnation but also because, throughout the series, I felt that Inuyasha would always choose Kikyo if given a choice. So, even if this wasn't the usual happy ending we normally see, I feel this gave justice to Kagome's feelings. Thanks for sharing!
cesuraee chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
Holy crap... I dont... I cant... I think I'm going to throw up.
I didn't come into this story expecting a happy ending, but this ending you have given us works so much better than a happy one could have. I feel disoriented, but in the best possible way if that makes any sense.

Before InuYasha even made his appearance I was heartbroken. Then throughout their interaction I fell more and more into that pit, but I like the fact that Kagome didn't just give in to him. When InuYasha said he married and had children I was enraged that he came all the way there thinking Kagome would welcome him with open arms. This fits perfectly with her personality, and while I am saddened over her fate and the fact that she didn't end up with InuYasha I can't help but to love the bigger image you portrayed. What InuYasha was asking for was unjust, and I fully back Kagome on her decision.

Very well done, I don't often cry but you had my shedding tears to the point of nausea. Sometimes a good angsty story is more satisfying then a happily ever after. Or maybe I'm just a sick and twisted individual.

Thank you for sharing!
Cersesi chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
Love this.
Kagura239 chapter 1 . 4/1/2015
Very well wrote.
pIm-ChAn chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
im ok with. this.. hah! inuyasha deserve that..i think he was always half hearted when its come to kagome. specially wen kikyo died. u really hate hes reaction.. of course im basing this on d anime version

ps.. sorry for the wrong grammar.. im not good with english language.
veena chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Do you know that this story is one of the most painful story i have ever read. It makes cry so much. I do have the same opinion, that if inuyasha chose kikyou den he has no right to have kagome. Kagome is kagome. She's the most kind,loving person. She's no one's reincarnation.
You should write more stories like this.
Gud luck...
Alais Kingsleigh chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
Totally love this! No girl wants to come in second.
Souls of the Blue Fire Phoenix chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
I really like what you did here. It always irritated me how people would make Kagome take him back despite everything that happened! Amazing fic as usual!
Wenchster chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
FINALLY! Thank you for showing respect to Kagome! People make her out to be a pushover just because she loves him so much, but Im tired of hearing people give her no backbone when she has shown plenty throughout the manga/anime. Im extremely glad this situation never happened for real and yet Im still shocked that some fans would think Kagome would crawl back. Most woman (if not all) would do the exact same thing in her situation, so I have no clue why they think she would.

So power to Kagome, thank god.
guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
you should have made a continuation into this in inuyasha's pov including the post red cord severance. that would be the real closure.
mtnikolle chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
I like this take on things. I agree with you. While people may choose to remarry, Inuyasha burned his Kagome bridges through all those years of comparing her to Kikyo... So she would never be able to trust his again if he chose Kikyo first. Kinda seems like it could be an open-ended happy ending; at least the potential is now there.
em chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
ohmigod! that was incredibly sad! poor kagome! i agree that the whole kagome-takes-inuyasha thing is bs. it really really pisses me off, so to see her take a stand is awesome! though incredibly sad for her. and only a bit for inuyasha - looks like he finally understands that you *cant* have your cake and eat it too. i'd have liked to see her get a spark of interest in someone else, if only because i prefer happy endings (RL is already messed up enough as it is. give me happy fiction!) cant wait for more of your awesome work :)
SonofZhon chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
A sad story indeed.
jacky chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
i really liked it... its different but absolutely worth to read it.. thx
Mystic Dewdrop chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
I loved your take on this - The ending was very satisfactory, how she wouuldn't let herself be Kikyo's replacement...loved it~