Reviews for Kingdom Hearts II: Proof of Existence
Mugiwara Gorillaz chapter 9 . 2/19
I really hope this story's still being updated; I like it!

I have a question, though; I can understand Donald and Goofy not being able to accompany Sora in Port Royal, but why not Agrabah? They've been there with him before?
Mr. Martin chapter 9 . 7/16/2014
I love the quote from Kierkegaard at the beginning, very appropriate for the whole series.

Beast's Castle eh, I like that world but I HATE the boss fight on the second visit. Xaldin is one of the coolest members of the organization: he looks awesome his voice suits him perfectly (and from a British character actor) but his boss fight is my least favorite in the entire game and that's including Demyx!

And that scene at the end with Axel and Namine was really good too, it shows how Axel's character is starting to evolve into...well you'll have to play Dream Drop Distance to find out (here's a hint, it's freaking awesome!)
viralhybrid29 chapter 9 . 7/15/2014
Another chapter in so soon? This is a pleasant surprise. I really like the scene between Axel and Namine. Also, I was hoping Mickey would burst in to save Sora from Xaldin, but I'm guessing that you're saving it for the rematch. I'm also really looking forward to the prequel, I know I've said that before, but I really can't understate it. Honestly though, I'll just enjoy more of your good work while waiting.
R. Recollect chapter 9 . 7/15/2014
Another update? So quickly too. Frankly I'm surprised.

Don't worry, it's a pleasant surprise. I'm glad you've made Xaldin into such a viable threat. It's going to put the following question into our heads: "How will Sora overcome Xaldin; a nobody who quite literally shish-kabobbed Kurt Zisa?" The fight against him in the game was brutal: I can only imagine how you're going to handle his battle when that time comes.

That scene with Axel and Namine: Priceless. Funny, I never really thought of whether or not Nobodies require sustenance. The Carnival was a nice touch; is it going to be its own world? If it is, maybe Sora could take Kairi on a date there! Joking aside, I'm wondering if you have any ideas for Axel's plan? Other than what he did in the game? If you do, you can bet the Organization's going to put in a greater effort to eliminate him for being a greater threat to their plan.

If you're going to add more new worlds, are you going to add Traverse Town? I figured if you saw fit to remove purposeless worlds like Atlantica, then it's also viable that you might add other awesome worlds. Whatever you decide, I'm sure this'll prove to be a worthy set-up for your original Kingdom Hearts III.

Thank you for the faster-than-usual update. It was very indulging as always.

Without Wax,

R
Adept of the Angels chapter 8 . 7/5/2014
Wha, you still live! :D

I haven't actually read the chapter yet, so I can't exactly review, but I at least wanted to say that I love that you're still working on your project. I've recently started playing the KH 1.5 Remix (sorta) and started loving the KH series all over again, so I'll maybe start re-reading this, but schedule is so tight :/

Anyway, good luck with future chapters and congratulations on your achievements! I'm glad that life isn't stopping you from continuing with something you love :o)
R. Recollect chapter 8 . 7/3/2014
Splendid work, Marsuvees.

On the contrary, the exclusion of Donald and Goofy was a bold new approach to all this. I am impressed. You showed the Chinese as more superstitious, and you've managed to keep the Heartless seen as a dark, evil force rather than a bunch of generic enemies thrown at us like in the game. The Organization's also taking a more active role in messing up the worlds, which is a nice plot extension reminiscent of the extra scenes we saw in Final Mix.

Speaking of Final Mix, I'm wondering how you're going to incorporate the highly intriguing stuff from FM into this story. The Absent Silhouettes, The Cavern of Remembrance, (And by extension, the Garden of Assemblage) as well as the Lingering Will. And whether or not you're going to be throwing in more stuff that'll have us excited for your original Kingdom Hearts III, as well as Morning's End.

In any case, it's bloody good to see you dropping in every now and then to remind us that you've still not given up on your works, or us. And I'm very happy to see that you've got such a bright future ahead of you. I give my congratulations.

Whatever the case, I'll be waiting for as long as it takes for the next chapter to come out. And the one after that. And so on. I enjoyed this little segment: I was impressed how you managed to turn the Land of Dragons into something interesting rather than some boring drivel that only distracted from the main plot in the Game.

Sora's going to be going solo with Jack Sparrow? I'm looking forward to that.

Without Wax,

R
Southern Jaguar94 chapter 8 . 7/2/2014
Well I would to start out and say welcome back glad to see you are continuing this story. I would like to congratulate you on both your engagement and graduating college. I'm really looking forward to more of your writing because despite your hiatus you clearly have not missed a beat in writing. Looking forward to the next update
Mr. Martin chapter 8 . 7/2/2014
Welcome back my friend! And with that out of the way, on to the review!

I always found it appropriate that Goofy is the one to see through Mulan's disguise. It fits in with his honesty and integrity. There is after all a reasons he is the Captain of Disney Castle Knights.

The bits of Chinese are a really nice touch, but I think the footnote should include a translation for those of us who don't understand it.

And lastly, fun fact, did you know that The Emperor of China in KHII was one of Pat Morita's final roles? Personally I think it was a wonderful send off for a much loved actor.
Petor chapter 8 . 7/2/2014
As nice as it is to have you back, I'm not exactly sure if you should exclude Atlantica from this one considering what happened in the last KH story you wrote. And like you did it with Dragon's Land, you could do some changes instead of following the game itself. But that's just my opinion really. Anyway, like I typed before, it's nice to have you back. And also, congratulations on your stepping up in life
AbsentSilhouette chapter 8 . 7/2/2014
Marvelous as always, nii-san! I guess it would make sense to occupy Donald and Goofy at times when they'd most likely be considered oddities...Gives me stuff to think about...And no, I don't think the story suffered. Although...If I may correct you in a few places...At the beginning, it says "a thin WASP of gray smoke" not wisp, if that's what you were trying to say. I'm pretty sure one of the separate-y things is a tad missplaced as well... Luxord starts talking before the bar, if that makes sense. Aside from those, and a couple others of not much consequence, very nicely written as always! When I saw on my alerts that you had updated, I was like "wait, what?" for a few moments. Unexpected and pleasantly surprising I must say. Anywhoozels, again, Great job!

AbsentSilhouette
viralhybrid29 chapter 8 . 7/2/2014
HE LIVES!... Sorry, but I'm really glad to see that this series hasn't become a dead fic. I do like the touches of realism here. This was definitely worth the wait.
Lord Darth Yoda chapter 8 . 7/2/2014
I like what you did with this chapter. I consider Mulans world one of the weaker ones in KHsII and you did a great job strengthening it. Like you said, Donald and Goofy just dont make sense here, and I would have left them out too. Great job, cant wait for more!
Original Heartless chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
I simply cannot wait for the next chapter! :) I've always loved your fics and when you stopped writing I had just got done reading your first KH novel. :[
Your RG militia has given me an idea for my KH fiction: Kingdom Hearts: Fading Light. I hope you don't mind! :/
I like how this is familiar but different, like a fresh coat of paint that makes Kingdom Hearts 2 seem more alive and realistic. :)
SetoshiArenhariKai chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
Good to have you back! I like how you changed the group's reactions to the town. Much more realistic.

Keep on typing!
viralhybrid29 chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
Welcome back! This chapter is great, as usual, keep up the good work, and take as much time as you need. It's worth the wait!