Reviews for Desire and Destruction
Guest chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
This is the best fic I've read in a while. So incredible well-written, and everyone was in character. Also soul-crushingly heart-breaking at the end. SEQUEL PLS.
avantlefin chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
nonono theyre in asia they use paper not parchment
UnwrittenLanguage chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I really do like this story. Its so just *fan girls* Thank you for writing it!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
you should make a sequel! this was amazing and very in character but so melancholy at the end
arysani chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Yep, that's what that sound was - MY HEART BREAKING. I love and hate these stories where they both do the stiff-upper-lip act and pretend like what they have isn't something they're ALLOWED. For being so selfish, the selfless act that Zuko puts on in these sorts of stories is far too convincing. I mean, sure, we expect Katara to put everything before herself, but the fact that Zuko always seems to learn it for himself in these moments HURTS.

Aside from the emotional pain in my heart place, this was incredibly sweet and in character. Thank you for sharing.
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Beautiful, hot, and heartbreaking. Definitely a favorite.
BTM chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
This story was brilliant, but somehow kind of heartbreaking. Beautifully written though.
MsElfaba chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Oh my God, this was fantastic! Well written and very believable. Good Job!
Avianahelena chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
For a second, I almost just faved and moved on... but this is one of those rare fics that I just couldn't stay quiet about.

It's so REAL. Everything from Katara's easy affection with her friends, to the clinging memories of the war that you can tell won't ever truly leave her, to the snowball effect of booze and passion that leads her to give her virginity to Zuko, is so immediate and believable.

This is one of those very few works that really gets across that sex does not equal love, that that first time isn't necessarily going to be at the right time, in the right place, with the right person.

There's also a lack of closure that intrigues me. You don't forget your first time, and the fact that Katara and Zuko fit together so well will surely stick with them both.

There are so many things that you could use to lead into a sequel here- Zuko's need to find his mother (a mention that piqued me in the canon as much as it does here for its lack of follow-up) principal among them. It makes me wonder if the open-endedness is part of the point, enforcing the realism of the piece (and it does), or if you do in fact have a sequel planned.

Very nice work; a pleasure to read.
Valkyrie Wilde chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Is is sad, but so good! So much for romance... Really good plot line. I'd say most teenage sex is due to opportunity. Too bad it wasn't a happy ending for us Zutara fans. Still, I'm glad they were both mature about it. Beautiful writing.
grandiose6 chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I really like this story! Your take on the zuko katara dynamic is not quite the same as my take, but I like it too.
Wrathofbalance2 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I'll be frank. I didn't notice that this was rated M until the part when they started "mating". I was pleasantly surprised at that moment; not because I wanted it to be M worth, but because of how tastefully you delivered this M rating. You didn't fall under the spell of using flatulent and disgusting amounts of language to push your rating and instead, kept a level amount of wring.

Now, onto the piece itself. I really enjoy how you wrote all of the characters. Every trait I see here is spot on to a bloody tee. The right syllables are used to give a natural effect for speech, and the characters have their distinct personalities. As the narrator explores Katara's character, it becomes easy to imagine that it's her describing the situation as a memoir. Every little sentence comes out as a flow of winding waters. It's perfect.

Your prose, and pacing is excellent. You take your time in leaning us into the story and into the couple of Zutara as the story slowly begins to progress.

What I also really like is that you don't distract the story with superfluous details regarding your attempts at linking to the canon relationships until the very end of the piece where that subject actually matters. Throughout the majority of the piece, you flashback and reference to only the points that matter the ones which show the growing relationship between Katara and Zuko.

The ending was well done, as it was short and to the point, while also leaving room open for reader interpretation of events afterwards.

Overall, this fic is good. It's subtle, strong willed, bursting with excellent prose, and has a good amount of respect towards the canon.

This is the 10% worth looking for on this website. It's truly a one-shot worth a million.
GaaraHinataWake chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Great story, I loved it. The fight, the celebration, Momo eating Sokka's painting. LOL It was just great. Eventhough the two of them didn't declare undying love and all that, at least they were able to maybe understand eachother on a different level. :D If ya know what I mean. Nice job:D
Peace215 chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Love it!

I love the details - the first part was endearing, if not laugh out loud funny. And you can feel the cuteness of the story from various interactions - Aang and Katara, Sokka and Katara, Zuko and his Uncle.

But there's also an innocence. The bumbling display of love, the innocent yet matured battling, the innocence of being together. Slightly awkward but things should be considering what's going on.

There's a hidden maturity to this whole story too. I mean, these kids just saved a world that adults couldn't do. And though they're still young and innocent (as above) they're growing. They're older than most kids their age because of the war and fighting. And you show that quite well balancing, adult decisions with kid innocence. Throughout the whole story I think you stuck with the Avatar feel, but then expanded on it where the show didn't go, showing us more to the characters, the "after war" feeling.

And Zuko and Katara is just plain awesome ;o) That you did amazing too - the guilt, love, maturity, innocence, regret. Loved it!

Great story! Can't wait to read more from you!

Peace
Like A Dove chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Oh, I LOVED this. Nice mixture of humor, action, sexy times, and angst.

I do feel like Zuko got the short end of the stick, because Katara is obviously going to wallow in self denial for awhile until she comes to her senses, if she ever does. It's Zuko who will go forward dealing with his emotions and being honest with himself about them, despite the fact that Katara won't. I imagine that sucks. Poor Zuko.

Would love to see a follow up for this. :) Great job!