Reviews for Just like that
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 6/20
This is fine. Reconnecting to life in the most fundamental way at a critical time (for them both). Lovely. Thanks.
rcfan77 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
wow...that was absolutely romantic! The silence itensified all of the action..very well done! :)
megan chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
loved it, ive read most of your fics no less than ten times but tis my first time reading this, awsome job
idodnthaveaname chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
To quote a famous writer."Damm, Not bad, not bad at all." I was rivitted to the entire story. good work :)
TeresaLisbonCBI chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
wow great story.
Country2776 chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
love this
s-damon-s chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
This is not bad, not at all. I liked it ! Your writing was excellent. :)
LittleMender chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
I think this is actually one of your best pieces. So sad the way they were both just sort of wasting away when they just needed each other.

At first I thought it was weird that Jane kept getting up to fold everything, but he's a strange mix of impulsiveness and compulsion, so I could see him doing that, even using it to stall, giving himself time to ease into the idea that maybe physical touching wasn't as repulsive to him as he'd believed.

I even liked that most of the foreplay was in their kisses, and they both just needed to get as close as they could as quickly as possible. I also liked that it was healing for them, not just as a sexual act, but as a coming together, a culmination of their feelings and longings for one another.

My favorite parts:

1) His wanting to buy her heart-shaped donuts.

2) His coming back downstairs and watching her sleep then taking her with him to the attic (love how you had him say that) so he could take care of her.

3) "Tiny detonations of pleasure."

4) "I could buy a small house." No big declaration, just a simple statement that spoke of promise and future and permanence.

Very sweet little love story, Rothelena.
Estorias da Marja chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Beautiful !

Perfect!

I love his writing!

You D!

kisses
tayasasah chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
aaaw this was so emotinally rich! my breath was hitching while reading this - lisbon's pain was practically seeping from my computer screen.

kudos for another excellent story!
Allie9 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
This was a wonderful tale. Wonderful!
Lizicia chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
It's not a typical M-rated story, that is for sure but I mean it in the best way possible. It holds a certain sadness and aloofness in itself, while remaining a very realistic idea in the context of the show. As I was reading it, I found myself feeling for Lisbon and Jane and how they weren't able to connect with each other in the beginning and I think Lisbon's crying was a real catalyst for Jane. I liked how almost no words were exchanged. Since I mainly write dialogue and not descriptions, I always admire an author who can pull off a great story with little dialogue. Hence, I enjoyed this a lot.
ahhpleezeninja chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Loved it. I think Jane walking in on Lisbon crying is exactly what would be the catalyst to Jane finally admitting that she is special to him.
Little-Firestar84 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
you were right, this si definitely not your usual piece of cake, but I loved it more maybe just for this reason. I felt like there wasn't "merely" sex in this story, even if in your stories you usually use sex to show emotions, but it was pure making love, kind of tender and sweet, and...I don't know, the way he put aisde the clothes, putting them in order... it showed a certain level of care, of intimacy. and there was a happy ending, so I enjoyed it very., very much, even if it was a battle to arrive there!

I'm waiting for more soon... wondering if we'll ever seee the female version of your story "caught"!
PJTL156 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Wow, I love: "Since he'd stopped smiling, her days were hard. Like granite. Her skin scraping against gravel" and " like a hand curling around her throat, the fingers squeezing at her windpipe until she felt tears prick her eyes. Tears of death." LOVE the part about her watching him on the couch and worrying about him commiting suicide. Love this too: "as if he wore a suit of armor he mustn't shed. As if it would protect him from feeling too much." Aw... Saying he's not worth it. So sweet, yet tragic. I like how you put he could finally acknowledge they were gone. "hope opened its petals like a giant blossom that had always been there" is a good line also. Love the smile at the end and the buying a house part. :) It's not bad at all. Very sweet ending for a tragic-stricken man and woman. :) I liked it. :D