Reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Life In Flames
Dragondancer81 chapter 38 . 7/27
Cool great job.
Talgoran chapter 1 . 6/14
Ha, this story amused me greatly. I couldn't finish the prologue though, due to two indicators:
"She had always considered herself mildly pretty." That is an unfortunate sentence. I feel like most women could be described as "mildly pretty", so your description of the character doesn't add anything. It's also awkward, to me.
More importantly, the first sentence of your entire story, the VERY FIRST sentence, has a typo. The first sentence is arguably the most important sentence an author must right. The first sentence must hook the reader. The first sentence must be powerful. But your first sentence is incredibly bland, simple in structure, and worst of all, had a word that is misspelled.
I'm not sure there is anything a story can do to turn me off more than have a first sentence with a word spelled wrong. I agonized for at least half an hour over how to word my first sentence, for my first pokemon fanfic. So I know that this story just isn't worth it to me, to read. Good luck in future endeavors.
Death's Angel chapter 38 . 4/21
I quite like this ending I find it much more suiting then if she had stayed. I believe if you end it any other way it would not feel right. Overall the story is great, although I do think it would not hurt to go into a bit more detail with the idea of Mystery Dungeons as they play a big part in the story.
Pretty good, was this your first?
Person chapter 24 . 2/26
Half to death two times hahaha
portalminecraft10pokemon chapter 38 . 11/23/2014
Whoa, even in 2014, people are STILL reviewing.

Sequel plz.

Needless to say, I actually enjoued the story, which leads to me saying Sequel Plz

Although... do you have any plots?
smashbros321 chapter 38 . 8/27/2014
Wish that he at least found Rio or Rick again. I knew that this would happen if she didn't stay in that universe. This story made me tear up a little.
Good story. 8/10.
Maya5392 chapter 38 . 6/1/2014
This is AWESOME! I really liked the prequel and at first found this quite boring, but you changed my mind immediately! I... was quite sad she decided to go home, but I expected it. And I LOVE how you twisted it so that Kale was that Riolu! Keep up the good work with your Unova PMD!
SomeRandomGuy32 chapter 38 . 5/22/2014
Sequel, sequel, sequel. Seriously though, this is an almost perfect fanfic; if I had to describe it in one word it would be great.
YourLocalMudkip chapter 38 . 4/3/2014
This was one of the first fan-fictions I ever read on this website.
Spoiler alert: IT WAS AWESOME!
Man. So deep. It was completely original from the regular storyline. Loved it.
Although, Rick kinda reminds me of Rick Astley... Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around, and desert you...
Vadrack chapter 38 . 4/1/2014
Ack! All the sads! Amazing, you are an artist. Stop making such great stories, or actually, never stop.
Aiedail256 chapter 38 . 3/18/2014
Well executed; definitely in a high percentile among fanfiction.

On the macro level, it was good for what it was, but there wasn't really much I hadn't either seen before or expected. It lacked the boldness and theming - the uniqueness of identity, maybe - that would've put it over the top and into greatness.

On the micro level, your sentence structure was often awkward and clunky; mainly narration and sometimes dialogue were frequently very inelegantly phrased.

Overall 7.5/10; I'm glad I read it and I'm going to check out your other work.
Tnte89 chapter 38 . 1/12/2014
I cried more than Elisa. I wanted her to stay so bad. Her life as a pokemon WAS a second chance, but it wasn't the right one. So beautiful, I love this story!
Guest chapter 36 . 12/15/2013
You should make an ALTERNATE-ENDING in which Elisa stays in the PMD universe
AwakenedRage chapter 38 . 10/16/2013
Great story! I was interested from book to cover. Keep up the good work.