Reviews for Under the Northern Lights
WolfKeeper989 chapter 47 . 3/25/2014
This was a great read. This story was really good. Hope to see more soon!
Gaztasterofpork chapter 44 . 4/4/2013
This is soooooawesome! I was surprised when it updated but hot damn am I happy it did! Please never abandon this it is like officially my favorite story in all of pony fanfiction!
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 44 . 3/27/2013
Darn, just read this chapter over on fimfiction, but I saw the update and got excited...darn you BRAIN!
ViewerPetu chapter 44 . 3/26/2013
Ok. This keeps getting better and better. Keep up the good work.
DonLyn chapter 43 . 3/15/2013
Very nice.
Though, honestly, I must say that I'm glad that the story isn't finished yet. I've been reading it all day and I have a feeling that I might be getting cross-eyed. I would look in the mirror to check, but I can't actually see straight anymore...
Though I wouldn't blame you if you decided to finish it tomorrow. I think I'll have recovered enough by then to read another 43 chapters
Good work.
Inkweaver22 chapter 43 . 2/25/2013
The amount of political, spiritual, and cultural references poured into this fic is simply astounding! I can't even begin to even imagine the amount of time and effort spent on transferring it into the MLP universe to not only make it believable, but be accurate as well! You have earned my deepest respect!

I also happen to ship Saga and Vigg. I ship them HARD. I really hope they get back together!

Anyways, keep up the great work!
The Midniyt Stalker chapter 43 . 1/20/2013
Oh well pled ent surprise! I read this some time ago. I thought it was a dead story. Glad it's not.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Give us back our stuff, or else Luna!
OMAC001 chapter 41 . 9/9/2012
Love this story. Keep updating.
Sgt. Sporky chapter 41 . 9/4/2012
I like the Chekov's Gun you fired. I think it may well be a tactic I plan on using in the future. It's a useful device, I must say. Of course, defying the Chekov's Gun rule may also make an interesting twist. Someone may reach for the rifle on the wall to defend themselves and not grab it in time, for instance. Then, perhaps later, that character's son could pick up the gun and use it to kill the man that killed his father, in something of an ironic twist.

I certainly want a Party Grenade now. It would be very useful, both in its intended purpose and as a weapon. Although I figure the force of such an explosion directly in Hakon's mouth should have killed him, or at least severely wounded him, I think you have a little license here, as Spike's PTSD would be hard to deal with, and Pinkie has created less probable things.

Now I must wonder what Luna will be doing. This may end in an all-out war. The question is which side Equestria would take. On one hand, Ukko is no good for anyone. On the other hand, siding with the pirates would cause a major political ruckus. Equestria could also choose to remain neutral, trusting Ahto to pull through. Of course, a bigger problem might be Ukko deciding that their apparent betrayal constitutes an act of war. While Ukko's forces certainly aren't as formidable as Ahto's, Equestrian forces aren't exactly hardened warriors. Few of them could bear to kill. While there would be more soldiers in Equestria's forces, they'd all be less-than-well-trained. Ukko's forces are small and, frankly, also poorly-trained, but they are still far more experienced.

And it's not like Luna and Celestia would be able to turn the tables completely. They may command the sun and the moon, but to use those powers in a war would only be a kamikaze tactic which would destroy all the other ungulates as well as the two warring parties. They would be restricted to ordinary martial magic they may not even know very well, considering they don't have much need for it. While they are significantly stronger, magically speaking, than even the best of Unicorn spellcasters, the spells themselves would be very awkward due to a lack of familiarity. This was demonstrated in Celestia during the S2 finale, when she was defeated by Chrysalis. They might actually be a hindrance if they participate directly in the fighting.

In the mean time, the Equestrian party must plan their next moves carefully, or they may have a situation they can't get out of...

Update soon!
bluecatcinema chapter 41 . 9/4/2012
Don't you just hate it when negotiations turn sour?
Couldn't delete this profile chapter 41 . 9/4/2012
That's... quite a Chekov you've got there, in development for a year.
Gaztasterofpork chapter 39 . 7/29/2012
Oooooh this story is so good! 99% has become head cannon! Please continue and add chapters, so I can have something to do during this new episode drought!
Dark Fluffy Bunny chapter 39 . 7/20/2012
Nice speach Celestia. You realy know how to tallk to troubled teens. I think you did a good job on Tia's personality.
bluecatcinema chapter 39 . 7/20/2012
Didn't expect to see her. Good pep-talk though. Nice to hear about those plot points.