Reviews for Plight Thee My Troth
divyvicki chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
This was recommended to me by Cold Play Whore. Loved the first chapter. Way to give us just enough information to want to read more.
MDtwiwriter chapter 29 . 12/9/2015
I have wanted to find the time to read this story for so long and finally got the time, I loved, loved, loved this story. I adore historical fics and this is one of the best I've read.
Guest chapter 21 . 11/21/2015
I honestly dont like alice in this story. She has been abused and then abuses bellas mother? For this one i dont blame charles.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/19/2015
Why would bella traet someone like that after being treated like crap her whole life?
Guest chapter 4 . 11/19/2015
Well i dont like edward anymore.
Paolina Beke H chapter 29 . 10/27/2015
I've spent days reading this beautiful story and absolutely loved every part of it! Thank you so much for sharing it with us
Melcatt chapter 24 . 9/25/2015
This is one of my favorite stories of all time!
ladymagna1100 chapter 29 . 8/18/2015
I recently discovered this fic and just completed it. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it as I have a bit of a soft spot for historical fics and this one was well written. A very nice effort on your part and i am happy that you shared this story.
aussietwilight chapter 29 . 8/13/2015
Thanks for this wonderful story. Thanks for sharing your talent
ChristyWIX chapter 29 . 7/5/2015
It was great to learn that everyone was safe, happy and healthy. The losses they all suffered, with miscarriages and children dying, was sad. Unfortunately, a sign of the times though. Except for the part of EJ and Carlisle speaking of Esmerelda, in the library and the mention of Beth at the end . . . there was no way to know high child belonged to which parent. Just that Em has an awful lot of them and most likely one on the way. His French letter conversation, was quite funny. I first learned of those in a fic about five years ago. I had never heard of them being called that before and had to look it up. I've truly enjoyed reading this story. It has brought a lovely distraction to this past week of loss and arrangements. Nothing like escaping into a make believe world to take some pain away. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here in the fandom. I am thankful to you for taking the time out of your life to place this here for us.
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 7/5/2015
What a lovely thing to do with and for the whole community, this Christmas show. That was really a wonderful thing. For having so much closeness with both Jasper and Em, he doesn't have them around when Bella gave birth. Well actually, if anyone needed the brothers Masen around most during birth, it would've been Em and they were away taking care of Black. And, if Jasper and Alice get pregnant whilst away, then Jasper too, will not have his closest near him either. Interesting that you wrote it this way. I liked that they had a boy, an heir. Loved his name being shortened to EJ. Loved the banter between BxE in bed with a nursing EJ, talking of what has happened in just one year. Yes, what a difference a year makes, indeed.
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 7/5/2015
That was unexpected. I'm glad you at a least, let Rose and Em keep one of them. It had to be very common to lose infants back then. I'm not sure Em saying he will never touch Rose again is the best way to handle things. Poor Rose will find herself feeling tossed aside. And, for the doctor to suggest he take a mistress is preposterous! What sick thing is that to say to a man in that state of mind. He nearly lost his wife and daughter, they did lose their son. To suggest his future needs at a time like that. Grrrr. Edward was strong when Em needed him to be. Hopefully, Bella can do the very same for Rose. Alice and Jasper traveling at this time of year will be far better than if they traveled earlier. Earlier they would've run into hurricane season, where they water are far more treacherous than now.
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 7/5/2015
I find myself a little disappointed that it was not handled differently. Edward saw this act as a practiced one, between father and son. So clearly, this type of discipline from his father has never worked in the past. Mr. Black still runs around doing vile things and getting away with it. I just don't feel that this will actually do anything to thwart the man from continuing to do as he wishes. I guess you have plans and I should wait and see what they are. I just hop that Miriam's parents will take her back and not blame her for doing the vile things, yet embrace her for having them done to her. Give her love, not shun her. I am not familiar enough with any religion so, I do not know what the Jewish faith says about girls nolongerbeing innocent.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 7/5/2015
Bella's fire is fun to read. She challenges him daily and I think, it is one of the many reasons he loves her so. His stopping her from talking and reasserting his role in their relationship . . . in other words, he is the decision maker, not her . . . was fun to read. She even got turned on by it. Making me think, she is deliberately pushing his buttons, so that he pushes hers . . . hehehe. Not surprised to learn that nobody can find Blck. He probably did run off to be with his father. I think it is high time to have Lord Masen visit Lord Black Sr. He needs to know the disgusting things he has been doing for years now. Yuck! Miriam agreeing to help in the downfall of Black is wonderful. I liked her spirit, even after the asshat has tried hard to break it. Wonder if Edward will even share this news about 'Belle' . . . *shivers*.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 7/5/2015
Wow, Genevieve seems to have gone further round the bend. I can only imagine how frustrating the silence of his house is for Charles. He is not a nice man, perhaps it is the least he deserves. Why would Em invite them to come to stay and not make room for Edward's carriage and driver on grounds? That seems very strange to me. I understand that it is overcrowded but, move the other people temporarily. At least until his nearest and dearest have gone home. That was just so odd to me. Black will just never learn, will he? He is still acting as though he is somebody and he is nobody. He has the nerve to strike out a female in Em's home! I don't care that Alice was yelling at him. He deserves far worse. Don't care if what she did was not proper for the times either. Nothing he has ever done has been proper at all. Far from it. Then he runs away as the coward he is. Now they must ride to London to finally get this asshat. London, where the last time Edward was there things went horribly wrong and the rumors may still be running around. Goodness.
3,910 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »