Reviews for Plight Thee My Troth
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 7/5/2015
Wow, Genevieve seems to have gone further round the bend. I can only imagine how frustrating the silence of his house is for Charles. He is not a nice man, perhaps it is the least he deserves. Why would Em invite them to come to stay and not make room for Edward's carriage and driver on grounds? That seems very strange to me. I understand that it is overcrowded but, move the other people temporarily. At least until his nearest and dearest have gone home. That was just so odd to me. Black will just never learn, will he? He is still acting as though he is somebody and he is nobody. He has the nerve to strike out a female in Em's home! I don't care that Alice was yelling at him. He deserves far worse. Don't care if what she did was not proper for the times either. Nothing he has ever done has been proper at all. Far from it. Then he runs away as the coward he is. Now they must ride to London to finally get this asshat. London, where the last time Edward was there things went horribly wrong and the rumors may still be running around. Goodness.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 7/4/2015
Twins! Wow, what a handful for your very first time . . . eek! Rose speaking of bed rest and her understanding of Bella's plight earlier in her pregnancy, was sweet. Worried about Genevieve and nobody seeing her. Should anyone be taking Charles at his word? I'm glad that Em was going to go and check on her. Jasper being ordained and Bella wanting to be there to see it, poor thing. Loved that Edward quickly made his way back to her. Wow, what a lemon in this one. These two certainly know their passion and that is fantastic. Wedding! That was unexpected, yet expected at the same time. I liked it. Edward felt grief at not having stayed for their own wedding breakfast, yet remained true to the reason why it wasn't a good idea. I agree it just wasn't good to do either. Not for the folks they left behind in Seat.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 7/4/2015
Well, I'm certainly glad that Edward Sr. had those books to allow him pent up relief. Edward mentioned earlier in the story, that he never sought that sort of relief from any of the women over the years that he could have. He always stayed true to his mother, even after her passing. I thought it was sweet then and even more now. There is nothing wrong with self pleasure and I'm glad he has the books to allow for it. Imagine Jr. and Em finding those when they were merely young teens . . . then later Jasper finding them. Ha!
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 7/4/2015
I rather like that Edward is so very caring of Alice. Even if she can be wild at times. I don't think it is because he knows she will be his sister at one point either. It is that he likes her. I'm pretty sure I have it all figured out . . . even if Edward is still confused in parts. What they need to do though, is make sure that they get something, anything, on Black, before his father passes away. If he becomes a Lord, who know what he will start doing around all parts of England. The UK for that matter. Ido like that all the drama is happening all around these couples . . . but not the couples themselves. That each and every couple seems very solid, into their love. That is one of my favorite ways a story is told. When the couples are strong and dealing with everything together.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 7/4/2015
The starts and stops in this chapter, were needed by all. Today, we could sit through the entire tale in one sitting. However, back then, people were so much weaker and just could not bear it. It is good they are all learning these things. They can only move forward from this. Maybe not together, yet forward. I can see where Genevieve would believe Charles to have killed Sarah. However, I believe she was just bleeding out from inside . . . before he even cut her. Just a tragedy of the times. He wasn't malicious in it. I don't understand why Genevieve would believe he would kill his own sister. Sad. I'm guessing this baby that was born, is Alice. It is pretty obvious at this point. Perhaps, even to Alice and Jasper.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 7/4/2015
A lot happened in this chapter, at the same time that noting did. Did that make sense? Probably not. At least we learned that Gwen does speak. And, we learned her true name of Genevieve! We learned that she believes that her best friend died at the hands of Charles. That's a big something. Fennel does see to be working, as Bella's sexual appetite picked back up. Which is a good thing. Not for the smut of it, no. For the baby. A healthier mom is a healthier baby. With her getting that appetite back, it means she is feeling better enough to want that. All good.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 7/4/2015
What is even the purpose of the Swan's visiting? She doesn't miss her parents. She doesn't seem to want to visit them. Perhaps, the visit was to find out exactly what Edward and Jasper have wanted to know all along. It seemed that the fennel was working . . . I sincerely hope it remains working for her. I had said in my other review, he should search further than his lands and I'm glad he did. I'm glad that they seems to be talking out what is hiding in their emotions and working through them. Not good when you let it fester. Swan thinking he had the right to strike any female inside Edward's home, was a big mistake. Thankfully, he walked into that scene before it escalated. If he had struck her and Jasper found out, he would be dead and Jasper jailed for his murder.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 7/4/2015
That was very nice of you to share this with us, inside the story. Her thoughts and happenings from her younger years on up until the consummation, was really nice to read.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 7/4/2015
Poor Bella. One would think that Edward would search further than his doctor and midwife. Searching other nearby towns and cities, to see if anyone knows of anything to help out Bella. It just seems very odd that he would limit the search to within his own lands. Mrs. Markham's words certainly prove to be helpful in some aspect. I understand the town alight with gossip of James and Victoria but, why on earth are Em and Edward involved with the same gossip? Just because they rushed home to an ill wife? Did nobody explain this to anyone in London? How strange.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 7/4/2015
So wait, are you saying that Black is going to that very seedy part of town, daily, to molest small children? We knew he liked them young but, that young? Or, have I completely misunderstood the whole scene? I also think that Jasper and Edward unearthed that Alice is truly a Lady and not what she's been depicted as through life. I rather like Mrs. Smith. She sounds like a force to be reckoned with. Wow, the audacity of the maids they took in. Then, to enter his chambers, after being yelled at for being inappropriate, to try yet again. I don't blame him for throwing her ass out. I only hope that Mrs. Smith got a hold of the twisted chick before she got too far, to rip into her more. I'm glad that Em and Edward saved that woman from the thieves. She was far stronger than I they anticipated. She was fun. Loved that she was smacking the hell out the one man . . . so funny. I'm surprised they didn't know Bella was pregnant from the ride to London. I figured it out then, why didn't they? She was ill at odd times. She didn't like certain odors. It was pretty self explanatory. So, when they found her to be more ill on the ride from London, it should've confirmed that very thing. Plus, Rose is already pregnant . . . could she not figure this out herself? How very odd. Well, at least this doctor remembers the way his own mother had issues with her pregnancies. Perhaps a daily batch of herbs is in order, for when she isn't pregnant any longer. To keep her from getting pregnant again so soon. Especially with the way these two go at it.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 7/3/2015
Well, that was certainly a lot of information. I rather liked that it was Em that came to fetch Edward, from his alcoholic binge. Passed out from it at least. Learning that Bella left upon the insistence that it was Edward's wishes she do so. I liked that as well. Alice being skittish around Edward doesn't make sense. He has never shown her any fury, nor has he ever raised his voice to her. She was brought to be with Bella and she has made Bella quite happy. She has no reason to fear him, yet she does. I guess it is that she fears all men? Edward internal rant after reading Bella's note, was peculiar. I don't find him to be any of the things he was calling himself. He takes care of everyone and does it very well. His servants seem to be happy to work for him. Bella was blessedly happy, until what happened. Should he have stayed away as long as he did? No. Alas, he had no idea it had been that long. Alice being Black's daughter would make sense. Swan forcing her to be the maid, would make sense as well. Wondering how you will fix the social standing differences in order for Jasper and Alice to be together. Very odd.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 7/3/2015
I too would feel overtly betrayed. Why would they do this? And, why would Jasper think Victoria would be safe for Bella to be with? I don't blame him one bit! I loved that he refused to hurt her physically, as that took amazing strength. She has endured so much over the years, that would've been oar for the course with her. However, I don't think beating a woman is in Edward's possibility. Well, at least not striking Bella. Bella needs to fill them in on what happened. It is her place to share that she was kidnapped, tied up and bound to a chair, with a knife to her throat. Had Edward not had the foresight to make sure that Seth followed Bella, she'd be dead right now. All because Jasper and Alice wanted to be together for an afternoon and evening. Edward even stated how afraid he was for Bella and begged her to stay by Jasper's side. Foolish girl. He warned her of the dangers lurking in London, she ignored him. This is all very bad for all involved.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 7/3/2015
I just knew that threatening look that was given to Edward when James was being thrown out, would come to fruition later in the story. How dare he kidnap her though! Can't he be sent to prison for that? I believe yes. How could a Jasper lose sight of Bella that way? Too busy watching Alice, I suppose. Goodness.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 7/3/2015
He is beyond happy with his life with Bella. I loved this chapter. The arrival of Alice and Jasper was comical. He is chasing her and they both are having so much fun, they don't notice them. So fantastic! Him whisking her upstairs, so that they may have a romp . . . wonderful! The conversations they share with each other are delightful. The party sounded fun, once the pair found their way back to each other. Funny that all the women came dressed as if he were still available. The men trying to get Bella. All funny. I like that Jasper is spending so very much time with Alice. I hope that leads to them together. Will their stations in society allow it though? I think it would. I was very happy to read Em's letter. What a great thing to learn that Edward's letter prompted their talking over what happened. Working through it even. And, it seems they are expecting. Yay! The part with Boy and the horse was just so sweet. She shared her feelings for both Edward and Boy to hear. I like his plans on how to get Bella's mom to stay longer. Bummed that he has nothing on Black, to bring him down. Hoping he gets it in London.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 7/3/2015
Love that we now have Bella. He seems to really like that. I really liked that Peter and Lottie enjoyed Bella so much. Lottie and her even seem friendly. It was nice to learn why Bella stiffened when she first met them. Something as simple as a kiss on the cheek. Wow, I thought it was herfatherthat was beating her. Why the hell was Black beating her? He had absolutely no right to do so. He, thankfully, had not taken her as his wife . . . so, he shouldn't have been allowed to do anything of the sort to her. Even if Charles owed him money and what not. I'm shocked and definitely on board with whatever hell Edward reins down upon him. So glad he was called to visit Em and met her. He really did rescue her from a literal, living hell. I really liked that the staff was out in their best and standing to await the new Lady of the manor. So cool. Her interactions with each was really wonderful. 'Boy', was sweet. His standing straighter and attempting to speak to her, was wonderful. I think Emily was once again distracted by the beauty of her master. Bella must've caught her looking and that was the reason for the tone she took with her. I'm glad Edward stepped in and asked why she was still there, when the Lady has asked her to leave. They've finally consummated their marriage and it was very well done. He made sure she was taken care of first. Then did the band-aid entry . . . ouch and it's all over with . . . instead of going slow and drawing out the pain. The fun with the feathers, nice hat tip to THE books.
3,911 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »