Reviews for Plight Thee My Troth
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 7/2/2015
Wow, no wonder Edward did not want anything to do with James and Vicky. He refuses them their offer and instead they concoct a plan to forcefully take what they wanted. How disgusting. Male rape does occur, more times than I think anyone even knows. James' eyes leaving with a threat in them frightens me for later, for Isabella anyway. I most definitely b eleven Edward needs to tell her what happened. That way she can be prepared, if something were to happen in the future. Not that she would be able to thwart off James if he had her trapped but, she needs to know. If anything she needs to know, just in case they run into them somewhere and James tells Isabella what happened in his version . . . which is far from accurate. I really liked her learning him in this chapter. It was truly fun to read her reactions. Her comparison to David. Her eagerness to learn what makes him feel good. Very enjoyable. I did like that Lottie nicknamed her Bella . . . I hope it catches on. Their teasing each other at the end and her giggles, were very fun. Very much enjoying this story.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 7/2/2015
Okay, this chapter was absolutely fantastic! I loved that they planned the picnic when they were traveling down to the wedding . . . to carry out upon their return. He's so very thoughtful. Her seeing everything for the first time, having not traveled before is also wonderful. I don't blame Edward for taking a moment to himself after learning of what Mr. King did to Rose. I supremely hope that Charles found him and killed the asshat, for taking what wasn't his. Thank goodness Rose didn't get pregnant from that. I'm also rather glad that Edward quickly penned a letter to Em, to let him know he needs to ask Rose right away. Poor Rose. No wonder she's so freaked out and miserable, upon learning what they are supposed to do. Speaking of what you are supposed to do . . . the way Edward is bringing his wife into their marriage bed is absolutely magical. The way he's taking his time with her and talking through it all with her. Letting her sail and fly upon their first night together, is ever so generous. Really, just perfect. Your top a/n spoke of special unions and forever love. I have been blessed with such a love. I thank whomever brought my husband to me twenty-five years ago, each and every single day. All these years later and it is still fresh and new. I still get excited to see him when he comes home from work. He misses me fpduring the day and will text. It really is a wonderful thing to have and cherish.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 7/2/2015
Such a surprise of IPOV . . . how wonderful! I loved that her wanton thoughts are right along with Edward. He may actually be quite surprised in that she is very much looking forward to that part of their marriage. Your a/n's make me scratch my head, as I do not understand how the reader can think that Edward is anything more than what you've presented to us. He seems kind, compassionate and intelligent. He also seems to be a force to be reckoned with in the business aspect of his life. He seems to have his father's smarts for business and Carlisle's compassion. Why are they thinking something horrible will happen? I'm thinking she is leaving the horrible life behind her. Who knows what her father and Mr. Black have done to her through the years.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 7/2/2015
I am truly not surprised at all about Sir Charles and his way of doing things. Seems he's been living his life thieving one thing right after another. Poor Wren. Wonder if she knows who she is and where she is supposed to be? Perhaps, this is why she is so very closed off from the world. Edward saving that boy was a wonderful thing. The poor child was being used as their plaything. I'm happy he tied them up and told the (police?) where to find them. Adding in a letter of what he found will get them prison time, I would hope. If anything, they deserted their country so, they will serve time for that. Love the letter writing back and forth between them all. Even the pissed off one from Charles to Edward was a funny one. I'm glad that Bella got away . . . who knows what that man could or would do to her.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 7/2/2015
Bella has a bruise on her face and I think that it is from her father. Black trying to insinuate that he has a say in what is happening with Isabella. I rather liked that Edward lost it with him. I know it isn't gentlemanly but, I don't care. That smarmy SOB, Charles is swindling Edward out of four hundred pounds under the guise that it is for Black! Ha! Caught in his own lie. I wonder why Edward didn't say anything to Charles right then. WTH is Charles up to? Clearly he thinks he can keep working Edward the way he was working Black. I think he will find he is quite mistaken. At least I hope so. Although, it is the end of February and they don't get married until April. Obviously, something goes wrong, somewhere.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 7/2/2015
I know it was common for the staff to perform the duties that Jessie performed. Still made me mad at both of them. They even spoke freely of both of them being engaged, yet still he lets her do it. For crying out loud, you need a release, use your hand. Which of course, he did later. That was all kinds of wrong of him to do. I'm beginning to think that Charles is dim witted. For him to return everything Isabella owned, back to Black, was evil and spiteful to his daughter. For her to be forced to stay indoors, due to her lack of clothing. Then for him to forbid her to use her mother's or Rose's, was cruel. I sincerely hope that Edward tells him how disappointed he is with all of this. Yell at him at the very least. I was sad to learn that Alice thought she would be let go as soon as the girls are married off. So much so, she was starving herself to death. Poor Alice. It was quite common for the women to take servants with them to their new homes. Why wouldn't one of them take Alice along with them? I'm guessing it will be Edward taking her on, since Jasper will be home eventually. Even if they are not of the same station in life. He is going to be in the clergy, so taking a maid for a wife, doesn't seem to be unreasonable. Your a/n asks us if we still like Lord Masen. Why wouldn't we? Confused.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 7/2/2015
Wow, this one was chocked full of information. Well, Isabella was/is supposed to marry Black but, nobody wants that in the least. Black helped Charlie at one point and decided to take his daughter as payment. Who does that? Perhaps that was the way back then but, shame on both men. I was glad to hear that Charlie doesn't like the way Black turned out. And it seems, he does like the way Isabella did turn out and wants better for her, than him. Poor Mr. Eccles back Edward's estate. How awful. I'm very glad that Emmett understood and was even helping him to get back faster by offering to send his case along after him. Isabelle and Rose offering to sit with Carlisle, to speak of Edward while he is passing, was so very kind hearted. I really liked that Edward got to see Isabella with him. I think he saw a side that he needed to see. As if he wasn't already smitten enough, right? Despite what was going through his head, I am very glad he proposed. Good man.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 7/2/2015
Oh, you've popped us back to when they first met. I like that. Black is an asshat. I'm wondering if Sir Charles is physically hurting the women of his household? Not intimately, just physically. Wren being vacant makes me think that. Then with the way his commands the room, it made me think it again. How unfortunate, if that is the case. Jasper was at the same church for the wedding. I am seriously hoping that was due to it being his brother, not from him taking his studies with Black. That would be awful. Although, Alice is there at the Swan's property so, perhaps his visit will have more reason. Again, so many questions . . . hehehe. I loved how bent Black was getting with Isabella showing that winning smile to Edward and not him. The singing and Edward's response . . . all wonderful.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
This has been on my TBR for years and finally made it to the top of the list. Jumping in! I liked that it began with the wedding. Interesting that the vicar is his rival for Isabella's love. At least with this beginning, we know he was the one lucky enough to wed her. Oh, I have so many questions. I will wait for the answers to unfold here in the story.
farsideomoon chapter 29 . 6/22/2015
Great read. Thank you for writing it and seeing it through to completion.
farsideomoon chapter 21 . 6/21/2015
Great read, thanks for writing. Love the character development, the consistent references to a by gone era of formality and civility.
farsideomoon chapter 12 . 6/20/2015
o o
0!
farsideomoon chapter 9 . 6/19/2015
;-)
Guest chapter 5 . 6/13/2015
Love this story
tunsia chapter 29 . 4/18/2015
Love this story...Edward is a truly wonderful and layered character ..

3,911 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »