Reviews for Plight Thee My Troth
BellaTesoro chapter 27 . 11/2/2016
Go Alice. Although I'd like to see Alice get her rightful due I admire how strong she was to refuse her grandfather's request to see her. I'm with Bella, Alice and Jasper should stay. I mean, really, they've all been under suspicion of bad behavior. Heck with the rest of them, Alice and Jasper belong with the family that Alice so rightfully spoke about.
BellaTesoro chapter 26 . 11/2/2016
I was wrong in my thoughts that Miriam was related somehow to one of the men, either Charles Swan or Black because Edward said that she reminded him of someone. So she does have her own set of parents. She was very brave and I hope she will go back and heal herself. It was tough reading these chapters about the abused children. It even was difficult reading about the flogging. It says much that Edward was upset too.
BellaTesoro chapter 25 . 11/2/2016
I missed that Edward purchased the home he raided. He's a smart man. I wonder who Belle's/Miriam's
mother is, it's obvious who the father must be since Edward clue's us in that she looks like Bella.
BellaTesoro chapter 20 . 11/2/2016
It's easy to love and sympathize with "good" characters but it takes writing skill to get the reader to sympathize seemingly bad ones like Charles Swan. It sounds like young people left to their own devices and making poor choices leading them to where they ended up. It sounds like Charles took the brunt of the bad trying his best to make things work out for his sister. At least he thought enough to save the baby.
BellaTesoro chapter 15 . 11/1/2016
Edward and Em are heroes! Saving that woman and then moving on to find his wife is with child. I figured that one out.
BellaTesoro chapter 14 . 11/1/2016
I think Edward doesn't give himself much credit. He'll do the right thing for Jasper and Alice. He caught on and made the connection that Alice has some birthright which may make all the difference. I admire Edward for admitting to his weaknesses but makes amends and tries to be better.
BellaTesoro chapter 13 . 11/1/2016
Such drama! I'm just happy that James didn't get to hurt Bella before Edward could get to her. I think most of what Edward did in response to this situation is understandable. He left Bella there before hitting her knowing his anger could have got the best of him. I also understand him hitting his brother based on the norms of the time. I just hope his own guilt doesn't take any more victims with it. He's got to just get all this behind him and I think talking it out with them all will be helpful.
BellaTesoro chapter 10 . 10/31/2016
I think Emily was "just" appreciating Edward's yummy body as he innocently disrobed to wash himself. Bella is protective of her husband I see as he is of his wife. I'm more concerned with her low life father and how he treats his wife and daughters. What's the rest of the story with her mother I wonder? And Edward ought to save her from the cruelty of Charles Swan. Bring her to his home is a good solution. Maybe she could heal herself and find some life with her daughters and soon to be grandchildren...
Their "first" was hot and the feathers was a nice nod and nice piece of humor.
BellaTesoro chapter 9 . 10/31/2016
I don't think Edward has to tell Bella the whole sordid story but as he's already said he would tell her something, I guess the truth is always best.
I liked their playfulness at the end and how Edward reassures her he is not like the other two men in her life and that she's to have freedom she's never had before.
BellaTesoro chapter 8 . 10/31/2016
First I know that these were times that men held all the power over women and that they felt obligated to not only protect them but control them. Saying that, I still feel Edward didn't have to rush off a letter to Em and require him to ask his wife to spill her secrets. Whether she has or has not shouldn't be of concern to another man. But again, I get it. Edward I'm hoping did this out of a kindness not for gossip or need to take care of the damsel in distress...
I do give Edward credit for taking it slow with his wife. Maybe a little too slow. But I can appreciate the slow burn and sensitive way he's "schooling" his wife into the art of sex and living with a man.
BellaTesoro chapter 7 . 10/31/2016
Happy to hear Isabella's inner thoughts. She's stronger than I thought and happy she's not as closed off as she could have been given her circumstances. I hope she will be happy with who her lord really is.
BellaTesoro chapter 6 . 10/30/2016
It's nice to see the kinder side of Edward. That he took in the abused boy says much about his character. And that he wants to see the abusers made accountable is good too. I think it's proactive
to get Isabella out of that house. Her father certainly is not a good man. Why didn't he ever marry Wren?
BellaTesoro chapter 5 . 10/30/2016
Edward does seem in love. But something dirty is up with Charles Swan.
BellaTesoro chapter 4 . 10/30/2016
I don't like some of Edward's actions. Namely Jessie. I get that this is a period piece and men of that
time were ok with taking their pleasure as they deemed fitting. But once he engaged himself to marry, I think that at that point he would have felt obligated to not have "sex" with another. So he played around with this woman in the past, I take it she enjoyed it too. But why would she enjoy "just" pleasing him and not get something in return? All we got to see was his pleasure. So yeah I'm a little
put off by that. His other feelings to protect his soon to be bride seem generous and kind.
BellaTesoro chapter 3 . 10/30/2016
Edward seems to realize he wants to protect Isabella and he wants her to comfort him as he asks for
her in marriage. I'm wondering if she agreed or not for him to be questioning what he's done as he heads home in the coach. I guess he's very unsure because he doesn't know what love is? And he
certainly hasn't known her that long but on the other hand he seems to think he wants her in his life.
3,912 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »