Reviews for Cold Fusion: Hallows' Eve
RoseRed95 chapter 11 . 12/22/2013
Hey! I just recently got into your stories! They are seriously amazing! So, while reading this I couldn't help but notice you said that Roxanne's ex was names Billy, had blonde hair, and was a super villain. Sounds like Doctor Horrible! That would be a cool crossover. Megamind vs. Doctor Horrible. Wonder who would win that one? Well, I'm loving this! Can't wait to finish it!
Memory25 chapter 14 . 12/19/2013
Gah, you've made me think about science more!

I just had the thought. If Hal could be implanted with Wayne's DNA for some reason, does that mean that humans are in some ways compatible with his DNA? I've read a few Megamind fics that emphasized the difference between double helix and triple helix DNA and how they can't reproduce. (Most times Megamind is the double while Wayne is triple because his parents chose looks over scientific information...which in some ways was the smart choice but not the social choice which also kind of highlights why Megamind was treated as such and Wayne wasn't...)

So...what DOES it imply for humanity and whatever Wayne is? If Megamind implanted his genes into another human and made them an alien then would they then be compatible or does the rule about erm...what was that...I read somewhere that reproduction is not affected by whatever gene manipulation that is done after one is born, which means that the child only inherits characteristics that were natural to the parent but gene manipulation can be done on the embryo because that defines selective breeding but would the child then turn out half human after all or...? Does the compatibility to absorb the gene differ from reproductive compatibility or are they the same because they SOUND like they should...?

But of course, that doesn't mean anything if Wayne's gay but THEN AGAIN you just made me think. Is Wayne's preference natural to his own species? Does that mean that he's 'gay' on earth but not where he comes from? Would that make reproduction possible then?

...Oi vey.
Memory25 chapter 10 . 12/19/2013
You know, I just had a thought. Megamind is an alien and so is Wayne, but Megamind's the only one with the speech problem. Given that Megamind said that Wayne actually has wonderful musical ability, would that translate to him being able to sound out whatever consonants he wants and thus, be able to imitate EVERY ACCENT?

Holee sheet.

I'm kind of imagining him as James Bond now. :P
MegaFrost4 chapter 15 . 10/1/2013
You...you...how...I can't even...UGH! You are so amazing! This is the BEST one so far! I literally had tears in my eyes reading some of these chapters! Wow! I love you! Reading the next one...like, right now!
MegaFrost4 chapter 10 . 9/30/2013
Hello there! It's me again! I always give reviews after I have read the entire story, but I had to get this out now. I've been reading your Cood Fusion series this past week, and I just finished Chapter 10, and I am crying right now...literally crying! THAT means YOU are an incredible author! I love Megamind and this makes me love him even more! God! I would kill to be R
Electricboa chapter 15 . 6/3/2013
This was quite an intriguing progression from the last story. I am a little surprised that they're still keeping their relationship a secret, though I do see the point. This story did have a good number of twists to it, though I'm not sure it has as clear an end point as the others. I don't know, it could be the inclusion of Sundown and these Chairmen. With as much build up as they got, it leaves the story kind of unfulfilled at the end.

Let's jump to, hands down, my favorite part: Roxanne finally telling Megamind about Chad. I didn't say anything before, but I had been getting worried that such an important plot point had been forgotten, but I'm happy to see it o display in all its explosive glory. Admittedly, I wasn't entirely onboard with someone like Roxanne accepting that kind of relationship, but there are certainly enough cases like it out there. I liked that you drew it out and that nothing was easily resolved, though killing off Chad was a little disappointing, I very much wanted to see what Megamind would have done.

I also liked the development Wayne had in this one, he really got a chance to have some character growth and face a lot of the things he'd been suppressing. The part about him discouraging Megamind to be a hero struck me as a little off, saying to ignore what he said in the movie. I probably would have phrased it something more like: 'being good doesn't necessarily have to mean being a hero. Doing what's right and decent doesn't make someone a protector, just a good person.'

I'm looking forward to the next installment, though I'm guessing that it isn't the last one, as Megamind is set to free the girl from North Korea in January. I am completely confused about that and Bernard. It's parts like that that make me kid of wish this had been rolled into the others as one massive story, with it broken into parts (via chapter names) instead of separate installations. That could just be me, though, this is coming from the person who likes to start searching for stories by using the 100,000 word search. I am probably biased.
AetherAria chapter 14 . 4/13/2013
Third read-through and yeah. This chapter still makes me cry happy tears. 3
Nashi Tai chapter 13 . 3/4/2013
Ok... Love the story, but Nibs, not so much anymore. Too smart too fast. AI that advanced is just... human. Not a bot anymore... and it just throws me completely off. Megs' bots are advanced and one being a super AI is cool, but it should still act and sound like a bot... or there should have been more in between to get to that level of AI. One doesn't just accidentally create sentience and that's what it felt like. But, love the stuff going on between Megs and Rox and Minion. Also Drew is an awesome character.
Nashi Tai chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
Oh I love Megamind king of Metrocity! I've only found a few stories to go with this angle, but I always love them. Megs if faaar to smart not to work the underground to his own benefit. Supervillain and Criminal Genius and all that. :D
Nashi Tai chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
Oh I do so love how Megamind is shaping up in this story. A beautiful blend of amorality, goodness, and clever planning, with just the right about of goofiness. This is my favorite of this series so far!
Nashi Tai chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
Ha! I love the scenes with Joey and Nick. I also love how hard it is for Megamind to give up all of his less then legal ways of thinking. I really don't see his character ever really being able to be 100% legal. All good certainly, but not all legal. There are just certain things a very obviously alien, inhumanly intelligent being would have to do to survive that would never be allowed to normal humans. Like having a nuclear reactor in your basement or having lots of fake IDs or an invisible car... and he just wouldn't be Megamind with out these things. Loving this story so much so far!
RoseGlass chapter 15 . 1/20/2013
I knew that alarm clock was going to come back to haunt her!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 15 . 10/12/2012
*bursts into laughter*

The overarching Cold Fusion story arc (is that redundant?) is scary, and the character interactions are so emotionally realistic and powerful. On to the next installment, now!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 12 . 10/12/2012
A Humanoid Abomination is singing Mr. Rogers' neighbor song. Oh, dear _, that is just so wrong on so many levels.
Emmalyn chapter 15 . 9/8/2012
Aaaaa Dal you are too perfect! I finally have the time to re-read this, now that shool is done and work has given me a break, and I just had to go all the way back through Cold Fusion, and this, and...adslkfj. Okay, now I'm just typing nonsensical, rambly sentences. Sorry! XD

But yes, this had all the sweetness I remember, and the action/suspense was brilliantly paced (as always). Can't wait to catch up on your next fic, and to see where you're going with each of the plot elements. I know it'll be amazing! :)