Reviews for Promises to Keep
Tigress2929 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Awesome story. It was sad. You captured Snake Eyes thoughts perfectly and I understood it all. Good job! Loved it.
Classic Cowboy chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
deep deep fic

Just wow, I'm at a loss for words. It's amazing how you put this together, and the drama of it all... I wanna get a hold of whoever hurt Scarlett! excellent work on this, friend, excellent work!
blackLion33 chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
PraetorianGuardIII Don't generalize all S/SE fans opinions. I am also one and think the author's story is a good one and well written. If you don't like it, don't read it-the author shouldn't stop writing.
6700AD chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
And yet nothing like this happen in the non-canon IDW comics... Snake and Scarlett were shown in the last issue that they know that they love each other with out your pretty blonde boy telling them so... you must have be so disappointed that your duke didn't get the last word and made to look like the Gary Sue of G.I. Joe

Do the rest of the real SE/SC fans a favor and don't write about them anymore... your just hurting and stabbing the rest of the us in the back and making SE/SC look bad
Prairie24 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Fantastic story. It was recommended to me by bronwynn. Excellently written and very good characterization.
httpswwwphpcom chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Man I bet this is a dream for you duke fans... they have a past together so he always has to be in the story so he can be the better person who knows everything so that Snake and Scarlett look dumb as hell. He can be an asshole to anyone, lie his ass off and nobody talks back to him because he's duke after at all and nobody can stan up to him... oh god...

It’s no wonder you don’t writer about the Larry Hama storyline, your whole thing about him and them is bulls**t

So if Duke didn't lie or tell Snake Eyes the obvious and didn't give Scarlett away (since when did she belong to him to give away?) Snake Eyes would never be with her... no, your not a Snake Eyes/Scarlett fan... far from it
AF Iron 135 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Really liked the story! Well done and your research shows. Planning on a part 2?
Lady Jaye1 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Very deep story. I also applaud you on addressing a serious issue in a mature and insightful manner. It's horrible that female soldiers do have to face this, and have, and that there are male soldiers, who would otherwise "behave" around their mothers and sisters, who have inflicted such trauma on their sisters in arms.
Faye Kinitt chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Great story, I really wasnt expecting it to go were it went but I enjoyed it. It was very sad and sweet and I really liked the interaction between the characters, how aer not really shown together that much in the comics.

I really like your Duke, and that rarely happens. I though that your showed all three characters strengths and faults well and equally. you could be a fan of either ship or neither and still get alot out of this story.

now all I have to do is pick up the comic ,as I am not as caught up as you!
NurseKelly chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
This was an amazing piece. Beautifully written and the difficult subject matter was sensitively handled. I also appreciated the different take on Snake Eyes-I'm not used to seeing him off balence. Yes, I was crying at the end. Well done and I look forward to reading more of your work!
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
An incredible and painful depth in this piece.
Bronwynn chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
That was an amazing piece. It felt so real and so very sad. I was crying by the end as Duke 'passed the torch' so to speak of looking after Scarlett to Snake Eyes.

I had read about the abuse of women in the military, and I think using Scarlett as an example is powerful. Her character is strong and not someone you would expect to fall victim to abuse. However, when confronted by a group of men and a CO willing to look the other way, she could be victimized too. Reading about her night terrors and her refusal to report it hoping and not letting Duke report it was so touching. And Duke - his feelings for Scarlett were so raw as he tried to protect her by telling Snake Eyes about her past and touching on how he had hurt her by not thanking her and for the Helix issues. I felt for all of them because their emotions were so intricately described. I am shaking while typing this review.

I think you fit this seamlessly into the plot of the new comics. In fact, I wish the comics would give you a call because I think you 'fill in the gaps' that the writers leave unaddressed. I look forward to reading more of your amazing ideas and stories.
Terina00 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011